Please get rid of Venturi err Gibbs (1 Viewer)

purgatorysaint

Very Banned
Reaction score
I know there is plenty of blame to go around but our defensive play calling is the absolute worst. I never thought I would see the day where I want Venturi back. We all know that our corners are a weakness so what does Gibbs do? Play cover two all day and never help them out by blitzing.

Our defense simply never makes game changing plays. Is it too much to ask to have a defense that forces a couple of turnovers each MONTH.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Oh lord.

I WISH Gibbs had played Cover-2 all day. If he had Chad Johnson wouldn't have gotten 190 yards.

Geez

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I know there is plenty of blame to go around but our defensive play calling is the absolute worst. I never thought I would see the day where I want Venturi back. We all know that our corners are a weakness so what does Gibbs do? Play cover two all day and never help them out by blitzing.

Our defense simply never makes game changing plays. Is it too much to ask to have a defense that forces a couple of turnovers each MONTH.
Did you miss the part where the game was 10-7 going into the 4th Quater? Any Defense is gonna fall apart in the 4th when their offense keeps turning the ball over, and over, and over.

Jay Black

Banned
Reaction score
Did you really expect our defense to get better in one year

WE HAVE MADE HUGE PROGRESS in DEFENSE

Gibbs is doing the best for what he's got (which isn't much)

(Admin edited)

OP

purgatorysaint

Very Banned
Reaction score
Jay, (please don't get personal here) the saints never put pressure on Palmer. Our Dline is not good enough to consistently get to Palmer with only rushing 4 guys. The stats don't lie............the defense was better last year and I never thought I would say that.

OP

purgatorysaint

Very Banned
Reaction score
Oh lord.

I WISH Gibbs had played Cover-2 all day. If he had Chad Johnson wouldn't have gotten 190 yards.

Geez
I have news for you Spam.......it was rather obvious that Fred thought he would have safety help on both of Chad's long touchdowns.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jay, (please don't get personal here) the saints never put pressure on Palmer. Our Dline is not good enough to consistently get to Palmer with only rushing 4 guys. The stats don't lie............the defense was better last year and I never thought I would say that.
Yeah, yeah we did. We did it with blitzs in fact. We had a number of hits on Palmer in the first half. That's why we played so much Cover-1. It actually worked well into the 4th quarter. We needed to have a lead then so we could slip into a safe Cover-2 and keep everything in front of the safeties, but it was still tight, we were still playing the run and blitzing, and Chad Johnson finally broke free.

oldJC.SAINTS

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
yeah get Venturi back in.... whatever...

PS: Thanks Mr Gibbs for getting us a respectable D in one-offseason with 5 new starters.

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you miss the part where the game was 10-7 going into the 4th Quater? Any Defense is gonna fall apart in the 4th when their offense keeps turning the ball over, and over, and over.
Correct...the offense kept putting the defense back on the field.

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I will take the 48 hr rule: being away from this board for 48 hours after a loss fo all of you guys to get this out of your system. This is more stressful than the game.

Crusader

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Besides the sack by Will Smith, our D-Line failed to put any pressure on Palmer and he took advantage of it.

saint_brees

Reaction score
I think I will take the 48 hr rule: being away from this board for 48 hours after a loss fo all of you guys to get this out of your system. This is more stressful than the game.
I see what you mean. Saints were 3-13 last season, starting a bunch of new players in offensive and defensive positions this season, new coaching staff, and have a 6-4 record. I can see why people are complaining about this team since they have shown no improvement since last year. Too bad Saints cannot play as well this season as the more established team like the Falcons and the Eagles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom