Please get rid of Venturi err Gibbs (1 Viewer)

I think I will take the 48 hr rule: being away from this board for 48 hours after a loss fo all of you guys to get this out of your system. This is more stressful than the game.

I see what you mean. Saints were 3-13 last season, starting a bunch of new players in offensive and defensive positions this season, new coaching staff, and have a 6-4 record. I can see why people are complaining about this team since they have shown no improvement since last year. Too bad Saints cannot play as well this season as the more established team like the Falcons and the Eagles.

Blame goes everywhere but why don't you change DB's up and assign McKenzie to shadow Chad everywhere he goes? At what point do you realize Fred was overmatched????? All that he had to do was switch them up, period. If we still get beat then at least we tried to stop him by making the only adjustment we could.

I see what you mean. Saints were 3-13 last season, starting a bunch of new players in offensive and defensive positions this season, new coaching staff, and have a 6-4 record. I can see why people are complaining about this team since they have shown no improvement since last year. Too bad Saints cannot play as well this season as the more established team like the Falcons and the Eagles.

exactly...this team was in shambles when Haslet left, on the field and off. We have improved incredibly since then. And we're still in the playoff hunt for goodness sake!

Please stop making excuses for poor play! We know that the team is improved but when you start a trend of beating yourself, then someone needs to point it out so the problem can get fixed. Your sarcasm is misplaced here because the Saints were better than both teams that they've lost to, period. There should a point where you expect this team to play better and take pride in cherishing the football!

exactly...this team was in shambles when Haslet left, on the field and off. We have improved incredibly since then. And we're still in the playoff hunt for goodness sake!

Like i said above..........that's a weak excuse. If the Saints were not a better team than they've showed the last two weeks, myself and others here should expect them to choke, but I don't and I expect better from them, period! If we just get beat by a better team, then I can expect the outcome. When we give games away, that's not good and we as fans of the team should hold them accountable!

.this team was in shambles when Haslet left, on the field and off. We have improved incredibly since then. And we're still in the playoff hunt for goodness sake!
It was. The changes have been good ones. It is by no means time to throw the baby out with the bath water. I hate scapegoating. There is no one magic answer.

Please stop making excuses for poor play! We know that the team is improved but when you start a trend of beating yourself, then someone needs to point it out so the problem can get fixed. Your sarcasm is misplaced here because the Saints were better than both teams that they've lost to, period. There should a point where you expect this team to play better and take pride in cherishing the football!

No excuses, I thought this team was a year away. The OL is good at pass blocking but not run blocking IMO, so I'm not sure how many great running games Saints will have this year. I thought another draft and a couple FAs would make this team solid for next season. In addition, the schedule was brutal this year. I guess some fans just like to go negative quick. Besides the Bears, can you tell me the great NFC teams right now ?

Perfectly put. We need to hold people accountable, we can win these games but we kill ourselves. IMO it starts at the top Payton needs to build balance. The defense is a little better than it was last year, but we expected that. We need to run the ball to control the clock and protect the defense

No excuses, I thought this team was a year away. The OL is good at pass blocking but not run blocking IMO, so I'm not sure how many great running games Saints will have this year. I thought another draft and a couple FAs would make this team solid for next season. In addition, the schedule was brutal this year. I guess some fans just like to go negative quick. Besides the Bears, can you tell me the great NFC teams right now ?

look........I know it's frustrating. You make a really good point about the NFC too. I just want us to stop beating ourselves, that's all. Football is a tough enough sport without helping your opponent. I am not being negative, but I can't be happy with us giving games away!

Lee, I agree we played terrible, our defense is week, and the turnovers are unacceptable. But all is not lost. This team is in much better shape than I ever thought they'd be this year and 100 times better than Haslet and his band of malcontents. I want them to fix things before Atlanta, but let's keep it in perspective. As I said in another post, I've seen two "the season is over" posts, a "Payton is clueless" and now a Gibbs/Venturi comparison.

While we're at it, let's cut Bush, fire Payton and offer the gig to Mike Martz, and sit Brees on the bench.

Come on! We got some things to fix, most notably, the defense, but we're still in the playoof hunt and can control our own destiny.

Besides the Bears, can you tell me the great NFC teams right now?
:crickets: :crickets:

No doubt people need to be held accountable. I believe they will be. I just believe this time it's different even all current evidence to the contrary.

The running is there just not enough, Deuce was doing fine against Pit and Cincy and the carries just stopped, in the Pit game we were actually up.

Lee, I agree we played terrible, our defense is week, and the turnovers are unacceptable. But all is not lost. This team is in much better shape than I ever thought they'd be this year and 100 times better than Haslet and his band of malcontents. I want them to fix things before Atlanta, but let's keep it in perspective. As I said in another post, I've seen two "the season is over" posts, a "Payton is clueless" and now a Gibbs/Venturi comparison.

While we're at it, let's cut Bush, fire Payton and offer the gig to Mike Martz, and sit Brees on the bench.

Come on! We got some things to fix, most notably, the defense, but we're still in the playoof hunt and can control our own destiny.

Oh no. Please don't think i think the season is over. We just made it real hard on ourselves when we didn't have to. It's going to be much harder to win 10 games now, but not impossible. We just have to play better by worshipping possession of the pigskin.

Oh no. Please don't think i think the season is over. We just made it real hard on ourselves when we didn't have to. It's going to be much harder to win 10 games now, but not impossible. We just have to play better by worshipping possession of the pigskin.

I totally agree, Lee. Whatever drills the coaches did last week, it wasn't enough. They need to work harder this week...and they will. I know we can win 3 of the last 6. that should be enough for the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom