Please Guess this Mardi Gras Song (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Okay so I've been trying to figure out the name of one of the classic mardi gras songs for the past year and now that I've been going to parades again, it's getting under my skin even more. This is one of the songs that just about every brass band and marching band plays this time of year. From what I can tell, it's not the song "Second Line" which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the one they play in the dome after we score. For the musical types out there, the song has a constant bass line going with the tubas that is kind of a quarter note triplet sort of feel. After some amount of time of just that going on, the trumpets/trombones kick in with this REALLY catchy riff that when typed out on the computer, looks something like this:

"Badadooda badaaaaaaaaa.......Badadooda badaaaaaaaaa......." and so on.

It's not a mardi gras song like New Suit, Iko Iko, Mambo, or Big Chief. I think I've only ever heard it done by brass/marching bands so I don't think it has any words.

I realize this is a minimal amount of info to go on, but I have successfully conveyed what song it is to about 4 other people with that phonetic version, they just didn't know the name either.

Any ideas?

Check out "Do what ya wanna by the Rebirth Brass Band"...sounds like it could be what youve heard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom