Please Help!!!! (2 Viewers)

For the record i have no issue with the PS3 at all.

My hate is strickly with Sony's unfair market manipulation to force the BluRay format down the throats of consumers without giving them the fair market choice to choose for theselves between all competeing HD formats available.

Same can be said about Microsoft trying to force Vista down gamers throats by only allowing dx 10 to run on it and also making it where certain games are Vista only.

My hate is strickly with Sony's unfair market manipulation to force the BluRay format down the throats of consumers without giving them the fair market choice to choose for theselves between all competeing HD formats available.

In today's play Microsoft will play the part of Pot, and the part of Kettle will be played by Sony.

for the record, even though I am bashing the hell out of MS, i use them, and I have no problem with their bullying. In fact now that Vista has come out I am very happy with XP. :)

I like playing xbox, I just wouldn't like to be an owner of xbox. And yes my opinion tells me and everyone I know that PS3 is better than xbox.

I had a dream! That one day 360 owners and PS3 owners can walk hand in hand down the multiplayer universe. Now that would be sweet.

See, I see this as totally different.

Me and Antipop have fun goofing around with the fanboyism. Sometimes some other people make claims and we debate. You, on the other hand, toe the fanboy line in a different manner.

I dunno, it's just more evil when you do it. Doesn't have the same good-natured vibe.

It's just a subtle difference. I readily acknowledge the 360's fault and will have an open minded discourse with those that disagree with me. If someone prefers the PS3, I won't bash them seriously. It's only when they make claims of superiority that I'll get involved, trying to set the record straight for the next guy browsing this board who might be looking to buy a system.

So, yeah, I am in the 360 camp. And when I see info that is just plain wrong or one sided, I'll object. But that's not what a true fanboy is.

It's just me saying it, but I think you fit the description of fanboy better than I do. You became really giddy when all the movie companies went blu-ray. Really giddy.

In fact, most of the 360 supporters on this site seem to be the more good natured, open minded guys. Most of the PS3 guys are the same way, but you have one or two in your camp that are straight fanboys and take discussions down the path that makes people bow up.

No problems or anything, but that's the way I see it.

Peace out.

Heh. Honestly, I don't know how you can make that claim. Not once have I ever said anything bad about Microsoft or Nintendo. I bought a 360 when it came out and my g/f has the Wii. Of course I was happy when the studios went Blu-Ray. I have a Blu-Ray player not an HD-DVD. Why wouldn't I be? If I had spent my money on HD-DVD, then it would be a different story. Because I'm a "fanboy"? No, because I have a Blu-Ray player. The only reason I have Blu-Ray over HD-DVD is because it came with my PS3. Hell, I may have bought HD-DVD if I didn't have Blu-Ray just because I don't even care who makes what and they're pretty much the same product.

If you can find one post of mine where I tell someone to buy a PS3 over the 360, or to even stay away from the 360, then I'll agree with you. I know it's not worth your time to dig up, just saying. I mean, I play 1 game right now and it happens to be on the PS3. It could've been on any system.

As for me toeing the fanboy line in a different way, I'm not the one calling Microsoft evil and making all of these "horrible company" claims. I could care less about Sony, MS, Nintendo, Toshiba or whatever other company and the way they do business. If I want to buy their product, I will. If not, I won't. Telling me that I come off as a bigger fanboy is way off, but hey...who wants to admit to being a bigger "fanboy"? :hihi:. You have trashed Sony and the PS3 several times.. I understand that other people bash 360 and you want to try to set the record straight, but it ain't me. I've never made such claims about any other company anywhere, so I really don't understand how you could claim that I come off as a bigger, more extreme "fanboy".

But hey, I apologize if I get under your skin somehow. Especially since I don't post anything bad about the 360. I guess it's just because I like my PS3 so much after all. :ezbill:

EDIT: "but you have one or two in your camp that are straight fanboys and take discussions down the path that makes people bow up."

I understand some guys are just all PS3 and hate 360, but show me how I fit the discription.

Last edited:
Heh. Honestly, I don't know how you can make that claim. Not once have I ever said anything bad about Microsoft or Nintendo. I bought a 360 when it came out and my g/f has the Wii. Of course I was happy when the studios went Blu-Ray. I have a Blu-Ray player not an HD-DVD. Why wouldn't I be? If I had spent my money on HD-DVD, then it would be a different story. Because I'm a "fanboy"? No, because I have a Blu-Ray player. The only reason I have Blu-Ray over HD-DVD is because it came with my PS3. Hell, I may have bought HD-DVD if I didn't have Blu-Ray just because I don't even care who makes what and they're pretty much the same product.

If you can find one post of mine where I tell someone to buy a PS3 over the 360, or to even stay away from the 360, then I'll agree with you. I know it's not worth your time to dig up, just saying. I mean, I play 1 game right now and it happens to be on the PS3. It could've been on any system.

As for me toeing the fanboy line in a different way, I'm not the one calling Microsoft evil and making all of these "horrible company" claims. I could care less about Sony, MS, Nintendo, Toshiba or whatever other company and the way they do business. If I want to buy their product, I will. If not, I won't. Telling me that I come off as a bigger fanboy is way off, but hey...who wants to admit to being a bigger "fanboy"? :hihi:. You will trash Sony and PS3 at any chance you get. I understand that other people bash 360 and you want to try to set the record straight, but it ain't me. I've never made such claims about any other company anywhere, so I really don't understand how you could claim that I come off as a bigger, more extreme "fanboy".

But hey, I apologize if I get under your skin somehow. Especially since I don't post anything bad about the 360. I guess it's just because I like my PS3 so much after all. :ezbill:

It's all good. You're not under my skin or anything. After all, we're talking about video games here. :)

2BearsHug.gif

you have MSDN subscription so you do not get everything from microsoft for free. Those subscriptions range from as cheap as $700 to $8000 a year. If you have one cheaper please us know about it so we can get in on the 'free' stuff.

Can we say Microsoft is king of the Bullies, yet?

what of microsofts domination of the PC operating system? Where is Microsoft any different than Sony?

well depends you point of view i guess. There other options for people to use other than Windows. And i don't see packaging software for free that you'd other wise have to pay for seperately as a bad thing. Its a enhancement to your product to get a competative edge. Which is normal.

You don't have to buy to pc with windows. In fact there are several ways to get a computer or server with something else. They are not the ONLY option available, as Sony is trying to make BluRay the ONLY option available.

My company pays for the MSDN, so yeh, i get everything. Infact, in just installed Visual Stuido 2008 Professional Edition yesterday.

You don't have to buy to pc with windows. In fact there are several ways to get a computer or server with something else. They are not the ONLY option available, as Sony is trying to make BluRay the ONLY option available.

I don't get this. Did you have a problem when vhs was the only option, or when dvd was the only option? I dont understand how you can be angry about that unless you are angry about all the other previous formats that won out also.

well depends you point of view i guess. There other options for people to use other than Windows. And i don't see packaging software for free that you'd other wise have to pay for seperately as a bad thing. Its a enhancement to your product to get a competative edge. Which is normal.

My company pays for the MSDN, so yeh, i get everything. Infact, in just installed Visual Stuido 2008 Professional Edition yesterday.

Ah, I was wondering how in the world you were getting MSDN. And yes you can use other options rather then Windows, but if you want all the programs and Games and what not you gotta go windows. Windows is probably the best OS on the market(i've only used a MAC in like the 4th through 8th grade at my school, I have no comparison on the newer Mac OS.)

That is one nice benifit from your company to get MSDN for free. How much better is VS 2008 pro over 2005 pro which I have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom