turned it on and went to delete something from my hard
drive and it froze up. So I had to manually turn it
off. When I turned it back on I got the red ring of
death after five freakin days and only about two total
hours of use. I guess I am just wondering if anyone
knows if there is anything I can do to get a new unit
instead of a refurb? I am so mad right now!!!! Please Help

Last edited:
If you bought an extended warrenty you can take it in to say Best buy or the like and they will give you a new boxed system.

Sometimes the only way to get something in a situation like this is to call and act a fool on the phone. Its like, they don't care unless if you are nice, but if you throw a fit, they tend to start making things amazingly happen that they previously claimed they couldn't do

If you can somehow get a new one sell it on ebay and use the difference to get a PS3/Wii whichever you want.

Call microsoft again.

Tell them how upset you are, and don't hold back, from what i've heard, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

tell them you want a replacement system not a refurb, its worth a shot. they may send you another refurb, but as long as they are honoring the warrenty, you might as well take advantage of it.

so people i know have even been offered games for their trouble.

Your not the only one this has happened too. Yeh, it kinda sucks, but at least it won't cost you anything.

Well sorry yo have the red rings of death, I have the elite system and absolutely love it, there was no contest in me either buying an xbox or ps3 just enjoy xbox 360 more I love my high def dvd player also holla atch boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty indignant when my first unit bit the dust and I got a free month of Live and any 3 XBLArcade games I wanted. It was a great value considering.....

friend of mine's crashed at least 4 times, and every time they gave him all his credits the things he purchased from his old HDD, he was then able to download the previously purchased material onto his new hard drive free because he had already bought them before. So he basically quadrupled all his credits and was able to buy just about anything they came out with on Xbox live. I tend to think he is making his xbox die on purpose because they keep giving him free credits.

Imagine the first round you get all the credits you spent plus the stuff you downloaded(no charge). You get to use those free credits for new stuff to download.

Next go round you get ALLLl the credits you spent(doubled from previous go round) and all the product you bought prior is re downloaded(including the stuff from the free credits).

This happened 4 freakin times Which is almost like 32 times as many credits as he actually bought.(including all the product he downloaded)

Last edited:
friend of mine's crashed at least 4 times, and every time they gave him all his credits the things he purchased from his old HDD, he was then able to download the previously purchased material onto his new hard drive free because he had already bought them before. So he basically quadrupled all his credits and was able to buy just about anything they came out with on Xbox live. I tend to think he is making his xbox die on purpose because they keep giving him free credits.

Imagine the first round you get all the credits you spent plus the stuff you downloaded(no charge). You get to use those free credits for new stuff to download.

Next go round you get ALLLl the credits you spent(doubled from previous go round) and all the product you bought prior is re downloaded(including the stuff from the free credits).

This happened 4 freakin times Which is almost like 32 times as many credits as he actually bought.(including all the product he downloaded)

?? What are you talking about? You don't send in your HD when you send a unit back.

?? What are you talking about? You don't send in your HD when you send a unit back.

um.. you might not send the hd dvd which is a sep unit. but they arent' going to have you open your unit and remove the HD. Maybe if you have the BASE one, that you add an hd to, you may not send it. but the one that comes with premium and elites.. yeah

um.. you might not send the hd dvd which is a sep unit. but they arent' going to have you open your unit and remove the HD. Maybe if you have the BASE one, that you add an hd to, you may not send it. but the one that comes with premium and elites.. yeah

all the xbox disc drives are external attachments. They do not reside inside the unit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom