Please Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

um.. you might not send the hd dvd which is a sep unit. but they arent' going to have you open your unit and remove the HD. Maybe if you have the BASE one, that you add an hd to, you may not send it. but the one that comes with premium and elites.. yeah

No 360 HD is internal, as Jeff said above...they are all external. For your information...I have 2 360's. I have an Elite and a Regular AND I have the HD-DVD add-on.

So you might want to research that point a bit before chiming in there.

but anyway, I understand that you don't send your hdd in when you return xbox to have it refurbished, so obviously the dude got a new system each time he had to return it. so obviously don't try to tell me I am wrong because I've seen the dude do it. I've also helped someone return their unit to get a refurbished unit, since the lady did not know how to remove the hard drive on the xbox she was having refurbed for her 10 year old son. So obviously before you "high and mighty" me xbox owners get your facts straight before chiming in. And no I have never owned an xbox and I never plan to own the xchangebox, after seeing 90 percent of the xbox owners I know had to return their system.

Weren't you people talking about getting "hostile" on the phone to get what you want. This dude never had to get hostile, they just hooked him up possible because this occured during the whole beginning of the xchangebox fiasco. So the OP may have received one this guys old refurbed ones.

Oh did I mention NEW hard drive?

Last edited:
but anyway, I understand that you don't send your hdd in when you return xbox to have it refurbished, so obviously the dude got a new system each time he had to return it. so obviously don't try to tell me I am wrong because I've seen the dude do it. I've also helped someone return their unit to get a refurbished unit, since the lady did not know how to remove the hard drive on the xbox she was having refurbed for her 10 year old son. So obviously before you "high and mighty" me xbox owners get your facts straight before chiming in. And no I have never owned an xbox and I never plan to own the xchangebox, after seeing 90 percent of the xbox owners I know had to return their system.

OK Man! Whatever you say!:9:

my bad I was mistaken, they replaced his full system twice. Extending the warranty each time they had to replace it, as well as the replacement credits. The other two times were refurbed units. And the two times he got the refurbished ones they gave him free credits. Guess I better get my facts straight before chiming in. Dude has an insane gamerscore from all the free stuff he got, almost to 19000.

Weren't you people talking about getting "hostile" on the phone to get what you want. This dude never had to get hostile, they just hooked him up possible because this occured during the whole beginning of the xchangebox fiasco. So the OP may have received one this guys old refurbed ones.

i'm not being critical, at least not intentionally, but i'm having a hard time understanding what point your trying to communicate.

i'm not being critical, at least not intentionally, but i'm having a hard time understanding what point your trying to communicate.

my point was please don't tell me what I already know... But it was pointless to make that point.

my bad I was mistaken, they replaced his full system twice. Extending the warranty each time they had to replace it, as well as the replacement credits. The other two times were refurbed units. And the two times he got the refurbished ones they gave him free credits. Guess I better get my facts straight before chiming in. Dude has an insane gamerscore from all the free stuff he got, almost to 19000.

But to be clear...they did NOT replace his HD. The first and last thing they tell you is to detach your Hard Drive before you put it in the box, because you will NOT get it back if you send it in.

As far as "credits".....they typically give you a free month of Live and that's it. I'm not sure how you get to a gamerscore of 19000 because you got some free "credits" either.

But to be clear...they did NOT replace his HD. The first and last thing they tell you is to detach your Hard Drive before you put it in the box, because you will NOT get it back if you send it in.

As far as "credits".....they typically give you a free month of Live and that's it. I'm not sure how you get to a gamerscore of 19000 because you got some free "credits" either.

look dude, i aint arguing with you, I've already explained what happened I even called the dude to make sure I was right but unfortunatly I was not entirely correct. You are not me and you are also not 'Booger' so apparently you have NO idea of the situation.

TO BE CRYSTAL CLEAR:When I say they replaced his entire system twice I mean they replaced his entire system twice, including the hard drive. They refurbed it twice as well, meaning he kept his HDD on those two occasions. They gave the dude the credits to replace the credits he spent on games he downloaded on his old Hard drives. When he loaded his profile onto his new HD it allowed him to redownload the games that he previously bought and he got to keep his credits. Just because the typical person gets a single free month of live doesn't mean that other people didn't get better deals. And what kind of deal is a free month of live when you lose two weeks of it waiting for your system to be sent back to you.

And the 19000 gamer score comes from all the games he got to download for free and beat to get his score up. Obviously the dude plays to much video games in order to get his gamerscore that high, which is most likely why his Xcrement Box broke 4 times.

Get off your superiority complex of i own an xbox so I know what I'm talkin bout and accept the fact the dude got a sweet deal. I tell the dude he cheated all the time because they hooked him up so much.

To put it plain and simple for you, STOP!

:nerdfight:

:hihi:
Nerd%20fight.jpg
http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload/18134/Nerd fight.jpg

look dude, i aint arguing with you, I've already explained what happened I even called the dude to make sure I was right but unfortunatly I was not entirely correct. You are not me and you are also not 'Booger' so apparently you have NO idea of the situation.

TO BE CRYSTAL CLEAR:When I say they replaced his entire system twice I mean they replaced his entire system twice, including the hard drive. They refurbed it twice as well, meaning he kept his HDD on those two occasions. They gave the dude the credits to replace the credits he spent on games he downloaded on his old Hard drives. When he loaded his profile onto his new HD it allowed him to redownload the games that he previously bought and he got to keep his credits. Just because the typical person gets a single free month of live doesn't mean that other people didn't get better deals. And what kind of deal is a free month of live when you lose two weeks of it waiting for your system to be sent back to you.

And the 19000 gamer score comes from all the games he got to download for free and beat to get his score up. Obviously the dude plays to much video games in order to get his gamerscore that high, which is most likely why his Xcrement Box broke 4 times.

Get off your superiority complex of i own an xbox so I know what I'm talkin bout and accept the fact the dude got a sweet deal. I tell the dude he cheated all the time because they hooked him up so much.

To put it plain and simple for you, STOP!

Quite frankly based on your posts on the subject...either your friend is lying or you are. Doesn't really matter to me other than the fact that you are putting information out there that could cause someone who has to send thier box back to leave thier hard drive attached....which is totally and patently false and could cost them a Hard Drive. I have dealt with the folks at microsoft on this issue personally....while you seem to be getting third hand info from someone else. I would say that I know a bit more about this than you.....you see where I'm coming from? Frankly you are acting like someone who was caught in a story the way you're lashing out and all.

If you can't have an educated and civil discussion on this matter I would suggest you don't carry on with this conversation. We (Jeff and I) were simply seeking clarification from you as what you were saying made zero sense based on what we know as 360 owners. You shouldn't get so upset about it.

Oh...I forgot to add this little tidbit:

When you send in your 360 for repairs.....99.9% of the time you aren't going to get the same machine back....in fact, I've never know anyone to get the same machine back (I have 6 or 7 guys I game with that had to send thiers back in).....they send you a refurbished one that was already to go back. That's how they achieve such a quick turnaround on them.

Last edited:
if you have the fan hooked up to the back of it, unplug it, my brother 1st 360 had the ring of death and he got a new and the damn rings poped up again, somebody at gamestop told him to take off the fan and look at back of the fan cause sometimes the fan will burn itself out causing the 360 not to get the right power and do theat he did it and its straight now. i had the same problem i just bought a new fan cause the back of mine was black and it runs fine now

wow. just wow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom