Please NFL, hire professional officials (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
By the end of the game the incident at the end of the 1st half was well established as yet another ref blunder.

The refs DID NOT even know the rules. The 10 second runoff should have been imposed at the time that coincided with the end of Michael Thomas going down, NOT with the time that was on the clock when the officials decided to stop the clock.

The Saints should have had at least 31 seconds at the end of the 1st half when they had 16 seconds instead and, as Brees said in his post-game press conference, the time they were owed would have been enough time for them to gain more yardage to have a much better field goal opportunity. From a supposedly professional league, the NFL's officiating operation is very unprofessional.

An official blunder robbed the Saints yet again. Thankfully the Saints overcame it this time. Hopefully this OFFICIAL madness ends.

Last edited:
I'm happy we won but this CAN'T look good for the NFL when it's a rules thing, not a judgment thing. And that the guys on the field who are TASKED with knowing and implementing those rules completely whiff -- let alone that it was THE SAINTS AGAIN -- they can't just shrug their shoulders again and say, Oh, well.

The sad part was they looked at the play for five minutes. You would think they would have seen the time on the play clock when he went down on one of the replays.

With refs like this, it's no wonder that the so called best ref in the league last year was the same one that made possibly the biggest blunder in league history.

We gotta look at it this way. it let Will get his practice in for the really BIG kick. Notice how Drew got the ball to Ginn on the right hash mark that time.

I'm happy we won but this CAN'T look good for the NFL when it's a rules thing, not a judgment thing. And that the guys on the field who are TASKED with knowing and implementing those rules completely whiff -- let alone that it was THE SAINTS AGAIN -- they can't just shrug their shoulders again and say, Oh, well.
Oh yes they can, and they will!

Even worse, he specifically cited the game clock was at 26 seconds instead of at 43. This league is turning into a joke.
And that's because they didn't take into account the whole play that took place & got us the first down anyway while the clock ran & then a 10 second run off to boot. That was miserable. But I forgive the goobers. Thank you Lord for helping our boys overcome the powers that be that seek to destroy our dreams.

I would say it looked like a Roger Goodell clowny faced tee shirt.

Bet you they will

Completely unforgivable that in 2019, with 100 hd cameras, and dozens of officials watching all over the country, with headsets and ear pieces, they couldnt fix this complete blunder. There is simply no excuse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom