Please No "Teddy, Teddy, Teddy" Threads and the Loss in Not Our Biggest Concern! (1 Viewer)

My honest opinion, Brees did not lose the game by any stretch, however, the days of him lighting up scoreboards are over. He is not that guy anymore. He is still way above average and maybe still better than Teddy, but he is limited. We can win a Superbowl with him if Sean Payton realizes this is the new normal. Forget using the entire playbook. He can't consistently make those throws anymore. We need to protect Drew and have him manage the game. That's how Denver won with Elway and Manning at the end of their careers. Going 5 wide 30 percent of the time when a team is bringing heat is a bad idea. Drew needs all the protection he can get.

He is is now limited in regards to mobility and arm strength. Look for teams to continue to clamp down on our receivers man to man, send the house, and dare us to beat them over the top. That's a new world for us. This team can only win with ball control and defense and that's how the game needs to be called. That's what we did with Teddy and what we need to do with Drew.

My honest opinion, Brees did not lose the game by any stretch, however, the days of him lighting up scoreboards are over. He is not that guy anymore. He is still way above average and maybe still better than Teddy, but he is limited. We can win a Superbowl with him if Sean Payton realizes this is the new normal. Forget using the entire playbook. He can't consistently make those throws anymore. We need to protect Drew and have him manage the game. That's how Denver won with Elway and Manning at the end of their careers. Going 5 wide 30 percent of the time when a team is bringing heat is a bad idea. Drew needs all the protection he can get.

He is is now limited in regards to mobility and arm strength. Look for teams to continue to clamp down on our receivers man to man, send the house, and dare us to beat them over the top. That's a new world for us. This team can only win with ball control and defense and that's how the game needs to be called. That's what we did with Teddy and what we need to do with Drew.

This is spot on IMO and why I felt Teddy worked in Drews absence. We had an identity. Our offensive line knew assignments, our defense played hyper aware and aggressive and everyone rowed in the same direction. When Drew returned I was concerned we would revert to a more pass happy offense. We are not built for it. Without legit WR’s outside of CGM Drew’s talents are limited. I’m not advocating Teddy but he at least provided QB mobility and a downfield vertical threat in a run first offense.

We have some serious questions to answer as to what is our identity moving forward.

I am not Jesus Kamara. But thanks anyway - lol. While drunk, I've tried many times to turn water into Vodka with no luck and when I've tried to walk on water, I almost drowned
I have never turned water into vodka. I have turned bourbon into water.

For those of you that don't like the "Teddy, Teddy, Teddy" chants, tough Teddy.

I have never turned water into vodka. I have turned bourbon into water.
The grocery clerk inadvertently put some wine on the bottled water shelves. The manager came a few moments later and noted "I see that Jesus has been here."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom