Please No "Teddy, Teddy, Teddy" Threads and the Loss in Not Our Biggest Concern! (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I know many of us Who Dats are bleeding right now. I experienced this disaster dead sober. But no need for Teddy, Teddy, Teddy threads. Brees is our unquestioned leader.

imho, the loss is by far not the biggest concern. Pro ball is so much a game of momentum and confidence. No question the team came out flat and never woke up. The loss hurts. But this team is still insanely talented and deep. Yes injuries to Peat and Latt are a concern but by far the biggest concern is gaining momentum and confidence again. That's how teams go deep in the playoffs. We all know a team needs talent, but often the less talented team wins the SB because of their momentum and confidence.

Can we regain that swagger again? That's what the entire season depends on. I suspect with the blowout win against the Cards on Brees return while Drew played lights out going into the bye, the team got overconfident and lazy. If the team regains their confidence which I believe they will because of the great on-field leaders and the coaches, this team will win the SB. But confidence is a touchy item. How we play next week will tell us a lot about how deep we go in the playoffs. imho, Brees will drive this team every minute during the week to ensure this team returns to their belief in their greatness. We will not come out flat next week

I know many of us Who Dats are bleeding right now. I experienced this disaster dead sober. But no need for Teddy, Teddy, Teddy threads. Brees is our unquestioned leader.

imho, the loss is by far not the biggest concern. Pro ball is so much a game of momentum and confidence. No question the team came out flat and never woke up. The loss hurts. But this team is still insanely talented and deep. Yes injuries to Peat and Latt are a concern but by far the biggest concern is gaining momentum and confidence again. That's how teams go deep in the playoffs. We all know a team needs talent, but often the less talented team wins the SB because of their momentum and confidence.

Can we regain that swagger again? That's what the entire season depends on. I suspect with the blowout win against the Cards on Brees return while Drew played lights out going into the bye, the team got overconfident and lazy. If the team regains their confidence which I believe they will because of the great on-field leaders and the coaches, this team will win the SB. But confidence is a touchy item. How we play next week will tell us a lot about how deep we go in the playoffs. imho, Brees will drive this team every minute during the week to ensure this team returns to their belief in their greatness. We will not come out flat next week
Right now im just laughing bout this game. Does no good to get upset.Beer always helps you smile bout things. Every top team throws up a stinker each year. Just glad it's not the playoffs.

If you watch the film Swimmer you are exactly right. People saying the WR's weren't getting open and Teddy was holding the ball too long previously are seeing the exact same thing with Brees today. No one open tuck it in and take sack. It is not on the QB, sad truth is he has nowhere to go with the football. How many checkdowns to Line are we having to throw before we realize this lol

This ain't got nothing to do with Teddy. I'm more concerned about how we need to make sure we don't relapse to the 2nd half of last season and making sure the O-line is in tact. We will have the qb discussion at some point but not now.

I really think we’ll come out next week and look like the Saints before the Bye week.

Sometimes this happens to teams. Granted this one was REALLY tough... I feel like everyone will get back on track

There were people in my section trying to start that chant.

Right now im just laughing bout this game. Does no good to get upset.Beer always helps you smile bout things. Every top team throws up a stinker each year. Just glad it's not the playoffs.

Love your attitude. It's contagious. Thx much for a dose of reality!

I am not Jesus Kamara. But thanks anyway - lol. While drunk, I've tried many times to turn water into Vodka with no luck and when I've tried to walk on water, I almost drowned
If you could do both you would be Da Man and filthy rich.

I look at it like this. ATL came ready. We didn’t. Brees was under duress all game long. Our defense was gassed because the offense couldn’t sustain drives or put up points. We just need our offensive line to never play that badly again and to limit the dumb hands to the face penalties. Today was a reminder that you can’t ever be complacent. Payton will get this team ready to fight next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom