Please Take Time To Think About This Team (1 Viewer)

hessmersaint

I'm Sailing!!!
Reaction score
I have been a member on this board for a long time now, but I rarely post. I have to vent just a little after this afternoon. All I have heard from everyone I have spoken to and read is negativity. I know we haven't played to our potential in the last three games, but people this is one of those rare seasons that we have alot to be positive about!!! We have a team that has more heart than any Saints team that I can remember. We have a good coaching staff and good veteran leadership. Every team has down weeks in the NFL the difference is we are still finding ways to win. While I am concerned about injuries (especially porter's), I have no doubt that this team will work to correct the problems that have recently happened....Until then take a deep breath and enjoy rooting for your 9-0 Saints!!!

P.S...It seems like alot of Saints fans have been trained to dwell on the negative

I think for Saints fans, it's hard to "smell greatness" for 8 straight victories then see it teeter. A lot of Saints fans (like myself) are living in the moment, and no matter what happens will always revere this season as special for the team and the fans.

I think this team's qualities go beyond being one of the most special Saints teams; I think they'll go down as one of the most special NFL teams.

interesting we both posted around the same time

Yeah I noticed that too

what hessersaint said

I rarely post, but some of the negativity amazes me. Some posters don't seem to be happy unless the have something to complain about. Just enjoy the ride.. a lot of us are!

I think everyone is just anxious because they are dying to see this team succeed and succeed big after so many years mired in mediocrity. With all of the hype and talk about our great coach, #1 offense and much improved defense, and the terrific start to the season, I think our expectations have achieved an all time high (which they should, we are fans of a great team that deserves success as much, if not more than any other team in this league) and as such, when they aren't met, the anxiety gets worse (as we all remember the past history of this team) and shows itself in many ways, from overtly criticizing certain players to giving up on a game prematurely.

Not that I'm trying to defend some of the negativity that I've seen on the board lately, but I can understand some of it and usually let it go without commenting as that person might just need to vent to get their own anxiety out and get ready for the next game.

I agree with your points HOF Smeenge, anxious, etc. makes sense. There is nothing wrong with discussing the pros and cons of the team and game.. to a point. Some people get pretty judgmental in their negative comments however. Some act like they should be wearing the headsets and holding the playsheet on the sideline. Or dropping back to make the pass. People have to remember that teams go through highs and lows in a season, and to remember that we're playing against pretty good athletes irregardless of that team's record.
Think to work on.. always, but I'll take what we have at this point

I have been a member on this board for a long time now, but I rarely post. I have to vent just a little after this afternoon. All I have heard from everyone I have spoken to and read is negativity. I know we haven't played to our potential in the last three games, but people this is one of those rare seasons that we have alot to be positive about!!! We have a team that has more heart than any Saints team that I can remember. We have a good coaching staff and good veteran leadership. Every team has down weeks in the NFL the difference is we are still finding ways to win. While I am concerned about injuries (especially porter's), I have no doubt that this team will work to correct the problems that have recently happened....Until then take a deep breath and enjoy rooting for your 9-0 Saints!!!

P.S...It seems like alot of Saints fans have been trained to dwell on the negative

So I take it you rather not hear any discussion about the performance of certain players...cause that might be a negative reaction??...May I ask you a few questions?

Are you satisfied with the performance of R Gay??....or Torrence Leigh?.....do you think it isn't proper to discuss the untimely INTs by Drew Brees?......or the other performances by Colston?.....btw.....have you seen Colston playing this bad, since he plays for the Saints?......

Or you think all these observations are not pertinent to bring up on a discussion board?....Would you rather emphasize the positives, and hush up all the plays which almost handed a defeat for the team?......are you satisfied by the performance of the team for the past 4 games?......if you aren't, do you think the topic should be considered "taboo"....never to bring it up on a discussion forum?

No Sir I'm not talking about discussion of the game, but I have heard alot of people today not specifically on this board saying phrases such as "Same Old Saints" and similar comments. I am all for discussion of Positives and Negatives of a game, but it just seems like alot of people choose to dwell on the negatives.

I am all for discussion of Positives and Negatives of a game, but it just seems like alot of people choose to dwell on the negatives.

There is an easy remedy for that.......the team should cut down on these unforced errors.....and you will hear nothing but praises on this board....I promisse!

However, as long as the team keeps making the same mistakes over & over again....you will hear a backlash from the fans, who expect better performance.

Oh and by the way, here is a big positive that I havent heard much talk of.....over 200 yards rushing for the team today!

I am thrilled that we are 9-0. At the end of the day, it boils down to one thing: Can we win the Super Bowl?
This team is talented enough to do it but it will not happen if we continue to turn the ball over at the rate we have in the last 4 games. You can call it negative but that is a fact. 9-0, 10-0, undefeated ---- None of it matters without a Lombardi Trpohy and the craziest damn Mardi Gras you have ever seen.

I understand totally what you are saying, but I have been bombarded by people around my town today saying things just to antagonize me, and I needed to vent. A lot of these people secretly root against the saints just so they have something to gripe about.

We should be celebrating right now! I am kind of new to this board, but i've watched the Saints for years. If there is this much negativity right now, when we are 9-0, I would have HATED to been here in 2005 or 2007. Wow. I am just happy to be alive, and happy to be rooting for the 2nd best team in the NFL! (You got to know the Colts are #1 right now, I know im probably going to get -1000 rep, but its true...RIGHT NOW)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom