Please tell me... (2 Viewers)

steub12

Veteran
Reaction score
Why does everyone,on this forum, think that it's EASY to trade down? Sure, it's a great idea, but you have to have a trade partner WILLING to trade up!! I'm sure there are ALOT of teams wnant to trade up!

You're right. I think that point has been made in several threads. It's not that easy to trade down. We have to hope a sexy offensive player like DMac drops or a defensive guy we don't have rated high enough who is coveted by another team.

It is easy to trade down. It's trading down and getting something of value that's tricky...

1) Everyone on the forum does NOT think that.

2) See #1

Why does everyone,on this forum, think that it's EASY to trade down? Sure, it's a great idea, but you have to have a trade partner WILLING to trade up!! I'm sure there are ALOT of teams wnant to trade up!

It's not everyone that thinks that; there's thousands of people on this forum. Some who think Nnamdi Asomugha, Karlos Dansby and Albert Haynesworth will not only become free agents, but will also become Saints. Others think that the Falcons would trade their best player to their biggest rival. Yet another group who think we will get all 4, plus Jonathan Vilma and Lance Briggs and trade down with Dallas because Darren McFadden will still be on the board. There are also people who think that the topic of we should do with the #10 pick is an original topic that warrants a new thread.

Basically there are a lot of people who are ensconced in a world of whimsy. It happens within every large community and there's always a group of logical people to enforce the voice of reason. It's what makes SR great and it's what makes America great: Freedom of speech! Freedom of the press!

1070030_436c7bccf9.jpg

[size=+5]OK USA![/size]

Actually I do think it's rather easy to trade down. Whichever team in the trade that has the higher pick has most of the leverage. Getting equal value for your trade is what's so difficult. But yes I do think we will have suitors that want to get into that #10 spot the Saints own.

Last edited:
You only need 1 team to want to trade up to get a willing partner. Most of that is dependent on the asking price. When we drafted Reggie, we would've had a ton of willing partners if our asking price wasn't so high (and rightfully so). Most teams usually covet a few players they would move up for if necessary. But they won't overpay for that right in most cases. Trading down is just as easy as trading up. They both depend on the asking price.

I'm not sure that everyone thinks it's easy, but that is the scenario some are hoping for. I wouldn't mind trading down for extra picks if there's nobody worth the #10 pick, but that doesn't mean I think it can happen necessarily. It's just what I hope would happen if nobody worth the pick is there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom