please wear a mask (1 Viewer)

I have a levee behind my house where people are jogging at appropriate social distances. But about one in five solo joggers is masked up. Like Rona is in the air.

I have a levee behind my house where people are jogging at appropriate social distances. But about one in five solo joggers is masked up. Like Rona is in the air.

Other than looking silly it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is people wearing gloves all day in place of hand washing and sanitizer.

Other than looking silly it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is people wearing gloves all day in place of hand washing and sanitizer.

that would bother me too but I don't see it. I only wear them in stores and I don't get to see those people once they leave.

the masks don't bother me they just give me a little smile when I see them in those circumstances.

that would bother me too but I don't see it. I only wear them in stores and I don't get to see those people once they leave.

the masks don't bother me they just give me a little smile when I see them in those circumstances.

I've been going for a lot of bikes rides, drives, and kayak excursions. People are wearing gloves while walking down the street and driving their own cars. The best one is watching them reach into their purse to mess with their phone while wearing gloves, or even to reach up and adjust their masks.

I've been going for a lot of bikes rides, drives, and kayak excursions. People are wearing gloves while walking down the street and driving their own cars. The best one is watching them reach into their purse to mess with their phone while wearing gloves, or even to reach up and adjust their masks.

yea, Ive started leaving my phone in my car. And I have to shop for my mother to keep her out of the store so she gets a warning before I go in that she won't be able to get me for any changes.

Today I had to go to a dr appt to give blood, and then a curbside pickup at Home Depot and Walgreens. I was very pleasantly surprised to see more people with some kind of mouth/nose covering than not. Those without were definitely in the minority. Of course, I don't know what it looked like inside the stores, but judging from the parking lot, it was good to see.

Today I had to go to a dr appt to give blood, and then a curbside pickup at Home Depot and Walgreens. I was very pleasantly surprised to see more people with some kind of mouth/nose covering than not. Those without were definitely in the minority. Of course, I don't know what it looked like inside the stores, but judging from the parking lot, it was good to see.

I keep a mask on my dashboard for going into stores. When I'm done I put it face up into the sun back on the dash.

I keep a mask on my dashboard for going into stores. When I'm done I put it face up into the sun back on the dash.

I'm using a bandana covering my nose and mouth, tied behind my head like a bandit robbing a bank. I then throw it in the wash when done.

glad you're checking in mj
i'm almost always the only one i see wearing a mask on the streets Uptown
You need to move away from there. If you are doing your part to try and help others and they are acting selfish, and not worried about others, you are in an area I would not enjoy.

One note. Most car glass blocks UV light. So, putting it on the dash may not be doing anything towards disinfecting. Just FYI. But at least it keeps the "exposed surface" away from your dash.

One note. Most car glass blocks UV light. So, putting it on the dash may not be doing anything towards disinfecting. Just FYI. But at least it keeps the "exposed surface" away from your dash.

I didn't realize windshield glass blocks UV light. I'd understand tinted windows, but the regular glass?

I didn't realize windshield glass blocks UV light. I'd understand tinted windows, but the regular glass?
According to this site, "While glass blocks UVB rays pretty well, it doesn’t block UVA rays. Windshields are treated to shield drivers from some UVA, but side, back and sunroof windows usually aren’t."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom