PLEEEASE help me (1 Viewer)

boxerharley

Very Banned
Reaction score
I just dont get whats wrong with celebrating an INT or a TD with a dance or celebration, some say its bad for the game...HOW ??? Please tell me why its bad for the game.. If anything I think penalties for puting a ball under your jersey when your wife is expecting is BS, Barbers little paddling jesture was harmless, What did that do to the game? I just dont get it, and I have argued with folks for years over this, I just want some elses op. Im dead serious.. what is wrong.. NFL...No Fun Leauge is what im screaming !!!!!

Im serious !! I really want to hear other folks op.s about why they think its wrong, They talked about it on several shows today.... and I just dont see how its wrong for the game, ....Im not being a dumb A$$, I just really want to know what other folks think !!!!!

Okay, if you want to know something... it wasn't Barber. It was Brandon Jacobs.

UHHH ...Obvoiusly I said Barber with the PADDLING.. I described 2 situations this weekend,Jacobs and Barber... GEESH NEVERMIND.. Dont need your help!!!

Here you go. Problem is the new players coming into the league over the last 10 years were takiing it farther and farther. If the league didn't do something to curb it we would have started seeing full production shows after TD's and other big plays. IT was getting WAY out of hand!

Its ok for one player to celebrate but they can no longer do group celebrations and I think that is a good thing. The NFL is about playing football and all the overboard celebrations were starting to make the NFL look like the WWF.

On another note. Anyone else think the NBA went to far with the "no protesting calls" rule. Now that has really made that game boring!! the referrees can take over a game and nothing anyone can do about it now. It also stalls the game when they call that technical.

Here you go. Problem is the new players coming into the league over the last 10 years were takiing it farther and farther. If the league didn't do something to curb it we would have started seeing full production shows after TD's and other big plays. IT was getting WAY out of hand!

Its ok for one player to celebrate but they can no longer do group celebrations and I think that is a good thing. The NFL is about playing football and all the overboard celebrations were starting to make the NFL look like the WWF.

Well I think they should be able to, maybe there should be a time limit on it..I think its entertaining, and after all , it is a game, they arent above anyone else..

Barber's paddling thing? When was this? If it was this weekend against the Bears I missed it. I mean, the end zone dancing thing can get old, but I don't think the Jacobs thing was that bad. When they last for longer than like 5 seconds they are stupid. I think it does add a little fun to the game, but only if they are done in good taste. Alot of people don't like Chad Johnson but I think the guy is a character and is funny at times. He brings competition and you have to respect somebody who puts a bullseye on their back every game by calling out defensive backs, I think it is funny but alot of people don't like him.

Before I start, let me say what TO does is not what I'm talking about in this post!

For everyone who opposes celebrations after abig play, tell them to sit on their hands after 1 of our players scores.....no jumping up, no hand clapping, no fist pump or high squeeking yeeeaaahhhhhhh! Just sit there like your watching Brokeback Mountain, then you can complain about celebrations. Since I know no one watches a game like this, I expect no rebuttal to this.

Even Deuce is starting to spike the ball regularly!

Before I start, let me say what TO does is not what I'm talking about in this post!

For everyone who opposes celebrations after abig play, tell them to sit on their hands after 1 of our players scores.....no jumping up, no hand clapping, no fist pump or high squeeking yeeeaaahhhhhhh! Just sit there like your watching Brokeback Mountain, then you can complain about celebrations. Since I know no one watches a game like this, I expect no rebuttal to this.

Even Deuce is starting to spike the ball regularly!

The league does not stop emotional celebrations by A player. They are not trying to make the players robots out there. You have to admit that it was getting ridiculous with players trying to outdo the other with he wackiest celebration. What Ocho Cinco does is great, the first down motion is still OK, celebrating after a sack is still good. The league just finally put a limit on props and group celebrations. If a player still wants to have the big orchestrated celebrations they can do it on the sidelines between the 30's. That where the icky shuffle was performed.

The league does not stop emotional celebrations by A player. They are not trying to make the players robots out there. You have to admit that it was getting ridiculous with players trying to outdo the other with he wackiest celebration. What Ocho Cinco does is great, the first down motion is still OK, celebrating after a sack is still good. The league just finally put a limit on props and group celebrations. If a player still wants to have the big orchestrated celebrations they can do it on the sidelines between the 30's. That where the icky shuffle was performed.

I got cha'........

I think Team celebrations should be allowed more than individual celebrations.

I may be mistaken but isn't football not only a way of life but when you break it down, it is in the entertainment industry. I'm just betting but if there was a poll, my bet would be that the majority of people find the celebrations entertaining. I know I do. Therefore I think it all should be allowed except taunting. IMHO.

I think Team celebrations should be allowed more than individual celebrations.

I agree. Its ironic that in what is considered to be the ultimate team sport, the NFL would rather you celebrate as an individual instead of as a team. I think they got this one backwards.

I may be mistaken but isn't football not only a way of life but when you break it down, it is in the entertainment industry. I'm just betting but if there was a poll, my bet would be that the majority of people find the celebrations entertaining. I know I do. Therefore I think it all should be allowed except taunting. IMHO.

I think if you poled the fans they would say they watch the games for the football. I don't know any fans in my circle that dissapointed over the new rules. I am sure its probably an age thing where the older fans like therule and the youger ones like the dancing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom