PLEEEASE help me (1 Viewer)

I think if you poled the fans they would say they watch the games for the football. I don't know any fans in my circle that dissapointed over the new rules. I am sure its probably an age thing where the older fans like therule and the youger ones like the dancing.

I do agree that we all watch it for the football and I also agree we would not need a poll for that. With that said, I would think the average fan thinks it is a ridiculous penalty. (I really don't care for the dancing, I like the sign that said "Please do not fine me").

I may be mistaken but isn't football not only a way of life but when you break it down, it is in the entertainment industry. I'm just betting but if there was a poll, my bet would be that the majority of people find the celebrations entertaining.

Exactly. Why else would we even see it on TV. If that is the case, just ban the network from showing it, just like the streakers. :)

I think the only problem with past group celebrations were that they did not include the whole team. Often you would find the high profile players with some elaborate production to draw attention to themselves (WR) and the guys that fight in the trenches getting ready to block for the extra point (Offensive Line). I feel it would be a crime for a team to get a flag for a running back high fiving the oline in the endzone or a WR given props to TE for giving the QB that extra second he needs to throw that 50 yard bomb for 6.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that not all players do it. Actually some players hate it. Every time the NFL has done something about the celebrations it was mentioned that the NFLPA wanted it too:

"Individual celebration was getting out of hand," [Titans-HC] Fisher said Monday at the NFL meetings. "The players' association was unanimous in wanting to get this under control."

I know many fans think it`s fun but players think it's mockery. I know nobody will defend TO here but just remember Sharpie-Gate. Many fans liked it but Seahawks players were furious and some basically said that they would try to hurt him the next time they would meet on the field.

If you like group celebrations you'll like this: ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR89YByD9LE

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that not all players do it. Actually some players hate it. Every time the NFL has done something about the celebrations it was mentioned that the NFLPA wanted it too:

"Individual celebration was getting out of hand," [Titans-HC] Fisher said Monday at the NFL meetings. "The players' association was unanimous in wanting to get this under control."

I know many fans think it`s fun but players think it's mockery. I know nobody will defend TO here but just remember Sharpie-Gate. Many fans liked it but Seahawks players were furious and some basically said that they would try to hurt him the next time they would meet on the field.

If you like group celebrations you'll like this: ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR89YByD9LE

+1

I hate when people say things like "I speak for everyone when I say that people like it". Obviously "people" have thought its getting out of hand and a lot of these people are the players themselves...that should say a lot right there.

Does anyone remember how Barry Sanders use to "celebrate" after a score?

I think they should be able to celebrate, you play the game to win. Why not enjoy while playing. Plus it is fun watching certain guys to see what they will do. Especially Ocho Cinco

The players ARE enjoying the game. It's just that a few guys think they have to put on a show. I've never seen an OT dance after a great block or a snapper celebrate a perfect snap.

To bring up an old thread, John Madden just mentioned celebrations on the Sunday Night game.

Paraphrased: "Don't you think some of these players could learn how to celebrate by whatching LT?"

I've always thought it showed more class to keep your celebrations to a minimum. LT and Barry Sanders could teach a lot of guys about sportsmanship imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom