Plz tell me Shanle is not talking about drew!! (1 Viewer)

what are you talking about?

He's saying that there is a double standard that its ok for teams to cut players, but that when players over-perform, people usually call them selfish if they hold out for more money.

First, if he *was* talking about Drew, its being supportive of Drew. Second, he's not talking about Drew.

This

/endthread

Maybe He was talking about Herring. According to @KristianGaric he was asked to take a pay cut, he declined and was released by the team

I would think he's talking about players in general. It's black Wednesday, heads are rolling all over the NFL

Can the hate for Shanle on this forum get any worse? He's talking about the double standards teams have involving players' contracts and somehow it was twisted into him dissing on Drew? Wow!

First off, these guys are already being paid too much. It's made a good number of them lazy, selfish, and just flat out ignorant. Their contracts are for them to perform, period. Most individuals could live numerous lifetimes off some of the deals these guys make and when they "outperform" their deal, they think they need more? The point of being given that deal in the first place was for you to perform at a high level, week in and week out. I don't think any of them have it in their contract, "...since we're paying you this much, it's okay to under preform time to time".

Flacco really ****** me off with this. He stated that with this new deal, he felt, "respected". So he didn't feel respected when the Baltimore Ravens spent a 1st round draft choice on you? He didn't feel respected when the Ravens named him their starting QB? He felt respected when they paid him nearly 1/5th of the team's salary cap.

Sorry for the rant, just all this pissing and moaning for money drives me nuts in the off-season. Though, I don't care for him Warren Sapp said it best, "You're being paid a king's ransom to play a child's game". I just wish some of these players would actually start putting their team and the game first again.

OP - Do you want me to edit the thread title or just delete this now that you realize he's not bashing Drew?

First off, these guys are already being paid too much. It's made a good number of them lazy, selfish, and just flat out ignorant. Their contracts are for them to perform, period. Most individuals could live numerous lifetimes off some of the deals these guys make and when they "outperform" their deal, they think they need more? The point of being given that deal in the first place was for you to perform at a high level, week in and week out. I don't think any of them have it in their contract, "...since we're paying you this much, it's okay to under preform time to time".

Flacco really ****** me off with this. He stated that with this new deal, he felt, "respected". So he didn't feel respected when the Baltimore Ravens spent a 1st round draft choice on you? He didn't feel respected when the Ravens named him their starting QB? He felt respected when they paid him nearly 1/5th of the team's salary cap.

Sorry for the rant, just all this pissing and moaning for money drives me nuts in the off-season. Though, I don't care for him Warren Sapp said it best, "You're being paid a king's ransom to play a child's game". I just wish some of these players would actually start putting their team and the game first again.

I couldn't disagree more. You only play this game for a very short period of time. Get as much money as you can. You can say the players should start putting their team and game first, but you aren't an actual player, you are just a fan.

If you were offered $10 million more, I would guess 95% of the people on here would take the money over staying loyal to an organization who will cut you as soon as you underperform.

It is a business, both for the teams and the players.

I think he said this "crazy how teams ask # of guys 2 take pay cut but when a player holds out because they outperfom their deal they are called selfish #NONSENSE"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom