Plz tell me Shanle is not talking about drew!! (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
@MikeTriplett: RT @scottshanle: crazy how teams ask # of guys 2 take pay cut but when a player holds out because they outperfom their deal they are called selfish #NONSENSE

Yeh he is probably speaking on behalf of one of those

No, he is talking about how people like Revis for example get called selfish because they hold out on cheap deals. But teams do the same thing to under performing players and don't get called selfish ( Smith, Vilma)

what are you talking about?

He's saying that there is a double standard that its ok for teams to cut players, but that when players over-perform, people usually call them selfish if they hold out for more money.

First, if he *was* talking about Drew, its being supportive of Drew. Second, he's not talking about Drew.

I think you're reading it wrong... to me it looks like he's saying that its nonsense to call a player selfish when they hold-out because they out-performed their contract.

But it's OK to ask players to take a pay cut.

Looks like he's putting the organization on blast.

Maybe I'm wrong... :shrug:

Sounds to me like he is just pointing out the double-standard of how it is considered okay for teams to ask players who underperform to take pay cuts, while it is considered greedy for players who overperform to hold out.

I don't see a problem here.

Most holdouts get resolved anyhow.

Player only has leverage if he's near or at the end of his deal.

what are you talking about?

He's saying that there is a double standard that its ok for teams to cut players, but that when players over-perform, people usually call them selfish if they hold out for more money.

First, if he *was* talking about Drew, its being supportive of Drew. Second, he's not talking about Drew.

This. And what I said. Please read again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom