Plz tell me Shanle is not talking about drew!! (2 Viewers)

Drew certainly EARNS his money. Not just on the field, but in the community. If you're part of a defense that was the worst EVER, should you be complaining?

@MikeTriplett: RT @scottshanle: crazy how teams ask # of guys 2 take pay cut but when a player holds out because they outperfom their deal they are called selfish #NONSENSE

He probably thinks he outperformed his deal, or he is going to be cut. Sounds like a whiny ex-employee to me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see how anyone can say that any of our defensive players 'outperformed their deal', especially last year.

He probably thinks he outperformed his deal, or he is going to be cut. Sounds like a whiny ex-employee to me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

He's not under contract so he can't be "cut."

He's simply talking about the overall trend in the NFL where players are asked to take pay cuts when they don't perform up to their deals and saying that it's not fair that when players hold out when they are underpaid it is called selfish.

Personally, I think Shanle is forgetting that whole "it's a business" thing and losing perspective regarding how much they get paid to play a game when compared to how much people who work in other industries that make huge money get paid.

All players get their guaranteed money. If Will Smith today think he really deserves $14 million this year then he isn't that business savvy.

Shanle.. you will be free in 1/2 hour to go out and sign for that Revis money. Hope you get it.

Even if he were talking about Drew (which I don't think he was)

Could he be liked even less than he is on this forum already?

what are you talking about?

He's saying that there is a double standard that its ok for teams to cut players, but that when players over-perform, people usually call them selfish if they hold out for more money.

First, if he *was* talking about Drew, its being supportive of Drew. Second, he's not talking about Drew.

/thread

Shanle speaks his mind, that is one thing I respect about him. That and how he DESTROYED those Atlanta fans in twitter battle lol

Football is a tough business. If a player is no longer performing at a high level and has a high level contract, it's time for a change.

As a fan, I want a winner on the field, not a bunch of loyal, overpaid players.

That said, I respect those who helped this organization win games in their day.

He's just saying why aren't teams called selfish? Double standard. Not Drew related.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom