Poboys in Mandeville (1 Viewer)

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a good shrimp or catfish poboy in Mandeville? Or any other worthwhile suggestions for lunch. Has to be a quick place.

Go to Bear's. Their poboys are phenomenal. They're on one of the service roads, but you can google the directions.

Covington, I think. If he is looking for quick, that's going to be a bit of a hike to and from with traffic.

That was the first suggestion I had, too, though.

We will hit whichever one is closer to where we will when heading out. Sounds like both are good.

Thanks

I see Bear's Grill and Spirits. Their site shows it on 4700 HWY 22 in Mandeville. Is that actually closer to Covington or do I have the wrong place?

Bear's in Covington is closed on Monday's, but that is by far the best around. There is another Bear's on HWY 22 near Madisonville, but I'm not sure if they are open on Monday's either and the quality isn't the same as Covington, IMO. There's Monster Po-Boy's which is kind of hit or miss. I've never had Pontchartrain, but I've heard good things.

I see Bear's Grill and Spirits. Their site shows it on 4700 HWY 22 in Mandeville. Is that actually closer to Covington or do I have the wrong place?

Different place, but appears to be the same family.

The one in Mandeville has a much broader menu and is a nicer place, but the Po-Boy's aren't as good. Still pretty good, but not quite the same as Covington.

Looks like we will be going to Pontchatrain's. Reading the reviews, looks like the roast beef poboy is a hit. Guess I will be going home with gravy on my shirt. Then again, I love catfish poboy. Dangit, I love shrimp too.

Looks like we will be going to Pontchatrain's. Reading the reviews, looks like the roast beef poboy is a hit. Guess I will be going home with gravy on my shirt. Then again, I love catfish poboy. Dangit, I love shrimp too.

WHEW!

just saw this thread and that was the place I was going to tell you. On Hwy 22.

I was also going to say Crabby Shack in MAdisonville.....the roast beef is off da chain good and their shrimp po boy is over loaded and lightly battered scrimps!

Enjoy!

We were like four blocks away from Pontchatrain's. You health nuts will rag me but I got a half shrimp and a half roast beef. Hey, at least I did not get a half catfish too.

I promise that I will not eat all of both of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom