Pointless Rant: The schedule for the next two games (1 Viewer)

I'll use the words "difficult" and "challenge" rather than something along the lines of "unfair"...

Facing the Superbowl champions on Sunday, then turning around in a short week to face the other Superbowl team on the road four days later.

I uh... Wow. Thanks NFL. :9:

I'm not sure if you were being facetious or not, but it's not the NFL's fault we have to play football games

I agree. They typically rise to a challenge like this. Will they go 2-0? Who knows. But they'll be ready. Then it's a long break and then too very important games at home (Rams and Lions).

My thinking exactly. These next two games are very important for the Saints. They all are actually but these two specifically for their chance at the post season. After two games in 5 days, they will be off 10 days then have a two game home stand to hopefully be in contention. But we do have that two game away stretch right after but I like the way this team is playing on the road. Things are starting to look good. They just need these next two games and they have the offense to win both. Run the ball and stop the run.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, as long as we don't beat ourselves, we can beat anyone.

Bonchie and some of the other guys who watch trends can probably speak to this, but I've heard somewhere that the away team on a Thursday night game has the worst statistical odds of all of the possible scheduling permutations.

Denver will be on it's second road game after a tough physical game against Oakland on Sunday night.

so what you are saying is that when we beat them we won't get the credit we deserve because Denver will have been tired and on a two game road trip.

Thursday Night football really should only be a thing for teams coming off bye weeks. TNF is a terrible one-sided product and super sloppy. Football with only three days in between games is a big safety concern.

This is easy. In the past, they would have had to go to Denver and played a Sunday night game, then played on Thursday. They got this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom