Poker Help (1 Viewer)

LKN H20Girl

Hijacked a rainbow
Reaction score
I'm a total NEWB at poker and have no clue. Googling hasn't really helped me find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to compare between dealer and player who has the better hand using different combinations.

For example:
Dealer has face-up: 9H, QH

Flop has: 6D, 7H, AH
Turn: 8D
River: 5D

What is the best 5-card hand that could be made out of those cards? (I'm guessing a straight)

Is there something online that I can enter these cards to find out?

Then I have eight player combinations such as
Player 1 has 7S, 3C.
Player 2 has KC, KS.
Player 3 has 2C, 2D.
Player 4 has 5S, 5C.
Player 5 has 10C, 10D.
Player 6 has 6H, JC.
Player 7 has 7D, 7C.
Player 8 has QC, QS.

Everything I google gives me odds of beating another hand but I already have my options for what I can use to make each hand.

The best hand from those cards is the straight flush, 7D and either 4D or 9D.

But that hand might have folded after the flop when somebody bet their aces.

I'm not seeing a straight flush.

I think the dealer has a flush 5D, 6D, 7H, 8D, 9H. Is that right? Do any of the players have the combination to beat that?

I'm not sure what you mean by dealer. If you're talking about hold 'em, there is no dealer hand, only players. Flop has: 6D, 7H, AH; Turn: 8D; River: 5D.

The best hand from that community of cards is a straight flush of diamonds and requires a player hold either the 7D and 4D or 7D and 9D. The 7D is critical.

Note: a flush is all the same suit, but not in immediate sequential order. What you're showing as the dealer's hand is called a straight (immediate sequential order but diverse suits).

I'm not seeing a straight flush.

I think the dealer has a flush 5D, 6D, 7H, 8D, 9H. Is that right? Do any of the players have the combination to beat that?

Dealer has a straight, the other players can't beat him.

Dealer has a straight, the other players can't beat him.

Yes, that's true. None of the players' hands shown beat the dealer. But the best possible hand is the straight flush with 7D and 4D or 9D. (Wasn't that the first question?)

She listed the other 8 players. While a straight flush is indeed possible with these community cards, no one at the table has suited diamonds. Dealer wins that hand with a straight, 5-9.

True but the OP also asked "What is the best 5-card hand that could be made out of those cards? (I'm guessing a straight)"

Yes, that's true. None of the players' hands shown beat the dealer. But the best possible hand is the straight flush with 7D and 4D or 9D. (Wasn't that the first question?)

It could be, but I thought she meant what was the best hand that the dealer could make with his dealt hand.

I meant per player, which would be the best hand using what they currently have plus a combination of the community card.

What I was calling the "dealer" cards were the cards given that one of the players had to beat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom