Police Brutality! 92-Year-Old Woman Shot After She Shoots 3 Cops! (2 Viewers)

A bulletproof vest probably saved one cop's life. The lady got off at least five shots from a revolver.

Johnston received fatal gunshot wounds from the officers. Investigator Gregg Junnier, 40, suffered three gunshot wounds -- one in his chest which was protected by a bulletproof vest, one in the side of the face, and one in the leg. The second officer, 38-year-old Investigator Gary Smiht, received one gunshot wound to his left leg. The third officer, 38-year-old Investigator Cary Bond, received one gunshot wound to his left arm.

Chief: Warrant Served at Right House
Last Modified: 11/22/2006 2:06:12 PM

Three Atlanta narcotics officers who killed a 92-year-old woman after she shot them were serving a warrant at the correct address, assistant police chief Alan James Dreher said at a news conference Wednesday.

Chief Dreher said the officers had performed a successful undercover narcotics purchase from a man at Kathryn Johnston's house on Neal Street in Atlanta. The man who sold the drugs has not yet been identified or arrested.

"As a result of that narcotics purchase, members of the narcotics team obtained a search warrant for that same address. As they were executing the search warrant, they announced themselves before they forced open the door. Once the door was forced, the female inside began shooting at the police officers. The officers returned fire," said Chief Dreher.

READ MORE

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88020

Without knowing the full facts, seeing as a 92 year old woman was able to get off 5 shots and hit 3 officers, I would have to think that they were making somewhat of an effort not to use deadly force initially.

This appears to be some horrible misfortune for all parties involved, but on first glance, the police officers were in the right.

It can be a race issue:

It would be interesting to know how many no-knock warrants are served in predominantly white neighborhoods v. predominantly black ones.
In college I lived in an almost all-white neighborhood where drugs were everywhere - but I only heard of 2 warrants being served on houses in 3 years.

It can be a race issue:

It would be interesting to know how many no-knock warrants are served in predominantly white neighborhoods v. predominantly black ones.
In college I lived in an almost all-white neighborhood where drugs were everywhere - but I only heard of 2 warrants being served on houses in 3 years.

No it cant. Not unless some !@#@#$ attorney makes it one.

Dang, arent you an attorney? Wink wink....only kidding.

I don't know what kind and it was rusty, but apparently it was working well
Apparently.

It's an awful thing but I doubt the cops left their own houses that day thinking "I hope I get to shoot an old woman today." More likely they think "I hope I live to defend myself against the ******* that shoots me first." No, no, it's ALWAYS the cops' fault. They aren't perfect but, my God, what a thankless, thankless job.

Would seem to be an unfortunate case of confusion. I can see why the woman responded like she did and why the cops had to return fire.

Props to her at 93 playing Quick Draw McGraw.

I'll side with the cops on this case. It was a kill or be killed situation.

My daughter who lives in Atlanta, this has been on the news all day. The niece of the woman said she lived alone. Now the cops are trying to make it a drug bust. No drugs have been found.

My question is, why do you have to bust a door down to serve a warrant? I don't think it was a warrant for an arrest. Maybe I'm wrong.

The question really is why such a warrant was served at that house, which is not really explained anywhere. If they served such a warrant on the basis that an undercover bought a couple rocks of crack from a guy standing in the frontyard of the house - which wouldn't surprise me, considering - then I'd suggest that the city open up the check book now and settle this out of court before they cost any more money to the taxpayers.

My question is, why do you have to bust a door down to serve a warrant? I don't think it was a warrant for an arrest. Maybe I'm wrong.

The main reason is the fear that by knocking and annoucing and waiting till someone opens the door it allows time to get rid of the contraband - i.e. flushing it down the toilet or something.

This is what happens when you kick in someone's door. Also, why are plainclothes cops serving warrants?? Unless she's the geriatric Pablo Escobar regular police or constables could have knocked on her door and someone's loved one would still be alive today and this obvious mistake would've been taken care of sensibly.

The main reason is the fear that by knocking and annoucing and waiting till someone opens the door it allows time to get rid of the contraband - i.e. flushing it down the toilet or something.

So not catching someone with $10 of marijuana is worth kicking in someone's door? If someone is a big enough drug dealer, they won't be able to get rid of the evidence that quick. It's just another excuse to usher in a police state and trample on our rights.

So not catching someone with $10 of marijuana is worth kicking in someone's door? If someone is a big enough drug dealer, they won't be able to get rid of the evidence that quick. It's just another excuse to usher in a police state and trample on our rights.

She shot 3 cops!!!!

My God, what is this world coming to?

At least one of the cops shot was African American. The only thing that could have made this situation worse than three white cops shooting an old black lady would be if it were three white cops and one of them was Michael Richards.

She shot 3 cops!!!!

My God, what is this world coming to?

And how was she suppose to know they were cops? they decided to kick in her door! last time I checked a man's home is his castle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom