Police Brutality! 92-Year-Old Woman Shot After She Shoots 3 Cops! (1 Viewer)

just imagine how high the addiction rate would climb. i would say 80% of my calls are related to illegal drugs. ie : cars broken into , burglary, armed robbery even your domestic call a large part of them have ties to illegal drugs. it goes on and on ..
just take crack, yes there are social users not many and not for long its a unforgiving drug. many people loose their jobs because they are unalbe to perform their job. at that point they fall into a life of crime to support their habbit.
dont forget meth. its even worse. i think our wellfare system would realy be over worked at that point

my opinion is at the oppisite end of the spectrum. i see how narcotics and the uses destroy every thing around them.
i truely believe dealers should be delt with with EXTREME MEASURE.
Again...your comparing some pretty hardcore chemicals to a plant that has been used throughout history and was praised by some of our most respected leaders (Washington, Jefferson, & Franklin among others).

I'm not sure how much higher addiction rates would climb. I'm sure it would go up some, but how much.

Then ask how much money can be raised by taxing the drugs.... will that money offset the additional police work related to crimes? Will the crime rate even climb higher?

My general opinion is that it probably makes sense to legalize marijuana but not the "harder" drugs. But I don't have any real studies to back that up.

just imagine how high the addiction rate would climb. i would say 80% of my calls are related to illegal drugs. ie : cars broken into , burglary, armed robbery even your domestic call a large part of them have ties to illegal drugs. it goes on and on ..
just take crack, yes there are social users not many and not for long its a unforgiving drug. many people loose their jobs because they are unalbe to perform their job. at that point they fall into a life of crime to support their habbit.
dont forget meth. its even worse. i think our wellfare system would realy be over worked at that point

my opinion is at the oppisite end of the spectrum. i see how narcotics and the uses destroy every thing around them.

I don't think you're really getting the point here: 80% of your calls are because the drugs are illegal.

De-criminalization arguably will have just the opposite effect, in making cops' jobs a lot easier and safer.

And regarding Dealers: They are dealt with "EXTREME MEASURE," and guess what--the drug problem is no better than it was 20-30 years ago.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again, and expecting different results.

This country's drug policies and laws are flat out insane. Time for a different strategy.

im not saying this is the case but this is not uncommon , a condfidential informant gives , sales or is working off a debt with the police dept. he is doing this most times believing he will not be identified to the public. however when things go bad to protect himself from the dealers he will deny any doings with the police.
like i said in the past the police did not radomly pick this ladies house out to raid.

That's a good point - but where is there danger of his/her identity being made public? If he/she goes along with what the police are saying it is less likely a court will force his identity to be made public (courts of course take great lengths to protect the identity of CIs). By saying the police aren;t telling the truth he is almost guaranteeing that his identity will be made public.

Legalization would mean a drop in prices, huge rise in tax receipts, huge reduction in law enforcement costs (42% of drug arrests are for pot), and stop the flow of cash to domestic and foreign criminals. Anyone could grow all the supply they ever need, so you won't have poor people stealing to pay for it. Police would be able to stop arresting people minding their own business and focus on real criminals.

Crack/heroin/meth is more complicated, legalization would probably need to be tied with treatment.

>>Oh, yes. The press conference. Where everything is explained by the police, exactly how it went down.
Yeah...

Exactly. Outside of dangerous situations, I don't trust the police anymore than I trust gang bangers. They are the "men in blue", generally have attitude and ego problems, and they'll lie just like the criminals do. I've seen it first hand in court and talked with the lawyers afterwards since things didn't add up. There was a reason for that. I think most cops are crooked, but juries are more likely to believe them than the alleged perpetrators.

I once served on a jury where Judge Cannizaro excused a potential jurist because he didn't trust cops at all. Not saying I can blame him.

As for the lady, she may have known what she was doing. The last evidence I have of 92 year olds is my late grandparents. They couldn't really see or hear all that well, but they sat in their easy chairs mostly undisturbed. I would hope that if someone would have kicked in their doors, they would have opened fire (except they didn't have guns).

The War on Drugs simply powers the police at the expense of everyday citizens' rights. If I'm not doing something wrong, get the **** out of my face. And you should have to tell me when I can and can't leave. More advice for cops: Find a new hairstylist; stop taking steroids, get that billy club out of your *** and quit with the attitude already!

What you gonna do about the men in blue?
What you gonna do?

-or-

The police is the klan is the mafia. And it's all a police state. And they're out to get me. And soon they're going to be out to get you...

MDC baby.[/i]

TPS

dang tps....
danggggggggg

glad to know how you feal about me tps

Last edited:
dang tps....
danggggggggg

glad to know how you feal about me tps

I wouldn't take it personal. You have to do your job. It's the system and the laws which are screwed up.

Like I said earlier, financially it might not be in the best interest of government agencies and police departments, but I think de-criminalization and legalization of some drugs would make police officers' jobs a lot safer.

>>dang tps....danggggggggg
>>glad to know how you feal about me tps

Funny thing though, I like all the cops that I personally know (and I know plenty). They're pretty much every day people and are generally a lot of fun to go out and drink with. I understand the stresses that the job takes, but whenever I encounter them on the streets (except surprisingly traffic cops who are mostly decent), I don't like that attitude.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the sacrifices of police and all first respondants who are willing to put their own arses on the line to protect mine. Like I said, I can't stand the attitude and b.s. that's often portrayed on-duty, but since I became fairly close with a few officers, I learned that my preconcieved notions weren't all fair.

As for you? I like you as a poster. I think you echo the "man's" line, but you're a valuable contributor to Saintsreport. I'd buy you a drink or cover for you in a raid if necessary. :)

TPS

Update: Informant Says Cops Told Him To Lie About Shooting Of Elderly Atlanta Woman
Wednesday, 29 November 2006

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- An informant cited in a search warrant as having purchased narcotics at an elderly Atlanta woman's house denies buying drugs there, authorities say.

Undercover officers raiding the 88-year-old woman's house shot her to death last week after she fired on them while they broke down her door in a high-crime neighborhood.

Federal prosecutors will investigate the case, Atlanta police Chief Richard Pennington announced Monday. (Watch when the snitch says he got the call to concoct a drug-buy story )

Pennington said the eight-member narcotics squad that took part in the raid has been placed on paid leave while investigators look into the informant's story and the circumstances surrounding the November 21 death of Kathryn Johnston.

The informant also told investigators from the Atlanta police internal affairs bureau that he was told to lie about the matter, the chief said.

"The FBI will investigate his statements, along with the police officers' statements as well," Pennington said.

Authorities said Johnston opened fire on police who tried to enter her home, prying off burglar bars and forcing open her door, during a "no-knock" drug raid. Officers returned fire, killing her.

Relatives put Johnston's age at 92, but Fulton County medical examiners said she was 88.

Neighbors and relatives said the raid had to have been a mistake. They said Johnston lived alone and was so afraid of crime in her neighborhood west of downtown Atlanta that she wouldn't let neighbors who delivered groceries for her come into her home.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF THIS @#@#%^% @#%#@5 @#%^%^# @#%@$#%@ TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE I HOPE THEY FRAG THESE #$%$^% @#$%@ OMG
IT BETTER BE A LIE.... OMG

She's only 88. Well in that case she probably did know what she was doing.
<sarcasm off>

This story gets crazier and crazier by the minute.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom