Police Shooting in NY: Groom Killed On Wedding Day(Updated)[Merged] (2 Viewers)

I don't know how many times I've seen white boys run over cops and not get shot at...

lmao

I'm jes kidding.

I dont want to second-guess law enforcement officers in the field. Policemen and firefighters have difficult, stressful jobs, and split-second reactions can save lives or take them away.

Having said that, it does seem like there are pretty regular situations in which, particularly in NYC, there is a first reaction that involves "empty the magazine" rather than "establish cover and assess," particularly when it turns out that not only were the suspects unarmed, there wasn't even time to lay a drop gun. For obvious reasons, you never hear about the times an officer will safely disarm a suspect, or skillfully defuse a volatile situation, but the group-gunning situations seem to be coming with greater frequency. My sense is that there a number of cultural factors at play leading to the preponderance of African-Americans (or in some cases simply Africans) on the receiving end in situations in which they are unarmed.

Were Groom and Buddies 'Just Sitting in Car?'
Monday, 27 November 2006

((Honestly, if these officers HAD identified themselves as the police, do you think

any of the habitues of the strip club would be backing them up?? Secondly, it's

interesting to note that the groom and his pals all had lengthy rap sheets.

At very least, Amadou Diallo never told his friend to 'go get my gun; let's

**** him up...'

More to this than the Al Sharpton harping frenzy.

Thanks, Al. You can pick up your check in the usual alley Tuesday at midnight...))

Ron))

New York Post

Dateline: NYC

November 26, 2006 -- A Queens bachelor party turned into a bloodbath early yesterday when five cops opened fire on a car with 50 shots - killing the groom-to-be, wounding his two friends and leaving furious relatives demanding answers from the NYPD.

The 4 a.m. shooting in Jamaica happened just after the trio had left a strip club called the Kalua Restaurant and Lounge, where Sean Bell, 23, celebrated his last night as a single man, police said.

WNBC-TV

NYPD Police Commissioner Ray Kelly stood with the department's top brass Saturday night, saying they spent the day going over details in Saturday morning's fatal police shooting, according to NewsChannel 4.

There is much more investigative work to be done, but the NYPD confirmed that five officers fired 50 shots at three men as they left a bachelor party in Queens, killing the would-be groom and injuring two of his friends.

From the SR guidelines:

When posting stories/articles from outside sources, we request that you tease these articles rather than to post them in their entirety. By teasing, we mean that it is ok to post a couple of paragraphs and then just link (place the URL) to the rest of the article, like we do on the news page. This will ensure that we avoid having any potential problems with copyright infringement.

http://www.lineofduty.com/content/view/80786/26/

If they were black then most people on this board will assume they deserved it. That's my 2 cents, I'm staying off of the EE board and sticking to sports only as these race issues tend to bring the worst out of most people here, both black and white.

Stay on the EE board. Nobody on this planet is 100% one race. We are all mixed with several races. Some races more than others. If someone is being racist, they are speaking ill of their own DNA. Listen to Hennessy. I'm 96 years old.

Let's see..run over one cop, then bash into a police minivan twice. I'd say you're going to get shot at.

50 rounds is overkill, though. Especially since it seems NYPD doesn't stress accuracy very much. How do you miss a freakin' car more times than you hit it?

Let's see..run over one cop, then bash into a police minivan twice. I'd say you're going to get shot at.

The cops didn't identify themselves. They were under cover and two of them jumped on the guys car and ordered him to get out. The guy probably thought it was a car jack.

Granted the reality is all the facts aren't on the table yet but when an officer unloads a clip, reloads and unloads the new clip on a group of unarmed men somethings just not right.

The cops didn't identify themselves. They were under cover and two of them jumped on the guys car and ordered him to get out. The guy probably thought it was a car jack.

Granted the reality is all the facts aren't on the table yet but when an officer unloads a clip, reloads and unloads the new clip on a group of unarmed men somethings just not right.

sbtb
where have you gotten the info the officers jumped on the car and didnt identify themselves i havent seen this. i may have overlooked it.

From an interview on MSNBC this morning with an attorney.

Once again though I stress we don't have all the info so everyone is merely jumping to conclusions based primarily on their own biases. Not one person or media member has seen the results of the official police investigation because it's not done yet.

However, my bias tells me if ONE officer unloads two clips into a car full of unarmed men something just isn't right. Toss in NYPD's recent track record for poor police work and this looks like a major dropped ball on their part.

Mayor Bloomberg has now come out and called the shooting "unacceptable". I'm assuming he has enough facts by now that if he says it is then it probably is. Mayors will rarely not back their police force.

i read several articles on this today and I always sided with the cops since the car hit the cop; but i read the statement below and the cops will probably lose this one.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-11/28/content_5399105.htm
"The police department's policy on shooting when a car is being used as a weapon is clear," Bloomberg said, adding that "it would appear that the policies of the police department were broken."

Under police department's regulation, police officers "shall not discharge their firearms at or from a moving vehicle unless force is being used against the police officers or another person present, by means other than a moving vehicle."

i read several articles on this today and I always sided with the cops since the car hit the cop; but i read the statement below and the cops will probably lose this one.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-11/28/content_5399105.htm
"The police department's policy on shooting when a car is being used as a weapon is clear," Bloomberg said, adding that "it would appear that the policies of the police department were broken."

Under police department's regulation, police officers "shall not discharge their firearms at or from a moving vehicle unless force is being used against the police officers or another person present, by means other than a moving vehicle."

i find this very interresting , because every article so for states the driver drove into the unmarked car before shots were fired. mmmmm
i cant wait to hear what is going on........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom