Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (9 Viewers)

it's not about the business, it's about the people behind the 6+ order
- like it's perfectly legal to been in a starbucks drive thru and order 50 frappuchinos - but it's a **** move
Maybe, but then you have people in the store who have to deal with the line there. But the way to avoid both is to order curbside. Then it's a win/win. You don't have to deal with a line, and they don't have to deal with you in line.

Maybe, but then you have people in the store who have to deal with the line there. But the way to avoid both is to order curbside. Then it's a win/win. You don't have to deal with a line, and they don't have to deal with you in line.
if a line gets too long, stores usually have to option to open another register
there is also a redundancy of appliances that allow for one to be just for the big order and the other stays available for normal ones
there's only one drive through

but yes most stores have ordering apps and large order people should use them (which doesn't mean to order from the parking lot and walk in 30 seconds late and karen about you 15 venti iced chai 1/2 caf lattes with 20 pumps of caramel not being ready yet)

if a line gets too long, stores usually have to option to open another register
there is also a redundancy of appliances that allow for one to be just for the big order and the other stays available for normal ones
there's only one drive through

but yes most stores have ordering apps and large order people should use them (which doesn't mean to order from the parking lot and walk in 30 seconds late and karen about you 15 venti iced chai 1/2 caf lattes with 20 pumps of caramel not being ready yet)
Lol, yeah, true. Of course, I seldom get out of my car for any reason. It's called curbside for a reason, heh.

A black man commits a car jacking, does that mean all black men are criminals? A Jewish man conducts a hostile takeover of a business, so are all Jewish men materialistic money grabbers intent on world domination? I really don't care what your stance is on any of these topics discussed. I DO care that you may one day have to depend on a good cop to save your life. Will you turn him down just on principal? Because he must have an ulterior motive, maybe headline grabbing....

A black man commits a car jacking, does that mean all black men are criminals? A Jewish man conducts a hostile takeover of a business, so are all Jewish men materialistic money grabbers intent on world domination? I really don't care what your stance is on any of these topics discussed. I DO care that you may one day have to depend on a good cop to save your life. Will you turn him down just on principal? Because he must have an ulterior motive, maybe headline grabbing....
If a Strawman makes a bad argument does that mean…wait

Kind of missing the point.

If a black man does a car jacking an another black man (who has taken an oath to uphold the law and has the job to arrest people who commit crimes) is there, but in this case just stands there and acts like he does not see it, then yes, I have an issue with both of them.

The problem is that there are bad cops, other cops see what they are doing and fail to act when if they saw you or me do the same thing, we would be in jail. Big difference.

Kind of missing the point.

If a black man does a car jacking an another black man (who has taken an oath to uphold the law and has the job to arrest people who commit crimes) is there, but in this case just stands there and acts like he does not see it, then yes, I have an issue with both of them.

The problem is that there are bad cops, other cops see what they are doing and fail to act when if they saw you or me do the same thing, we would be in jail. Big difference.
No, the point is that good cops were presented as "mythical". I never said there weren't bad or apathetic cops. I said that not all cops should be branded bad because of the bad ones. If anyone is planting a strawman, it's these type of arguments.

No, the point is that good cops were presented as "mythical". I never said there weren't bad or apathetic cops. I said that not all cops should be branded bad because of the bad ones. If anyone is planting a strawman, it's these type of arguments.
I think people are saying if a cop knows there are bad cops and doesn't do anything, then they are also bad cops. Do you think cops don't know who the bad ones are? I'm not buying that.

When something or someone is purported to exist, especially someone/something virtuous -
- but they're not seen or heard from - that's mythical. Like a unicorn.

Just because they didn't beat anyone up or shoot someone doesn't make them "good."

They need to do something to earn it.

They're like the only profession on earth where members get labeled good simply by not doing what the bad ones do.

That's not how it works. A teacher can't just show up and not teach but be called "good" because they didn't molest any of their students.

An assistant who watches an inebriated surgeon pick up the scalpel isn't good just because HE didn't drink.

Until all these alleged good cops start speaking out, they're just a myth to me. Show yourselves. At the same rate in which the bad cops do.

I think people are saying if a cop knows there are bad cops and doesn't do anything, then they are also bad cops. Do you think cops don't know who the bad ones are? I'm not buying that.

Yeah, but I think that really goes back to guido's point that a lot of why this is the case is institutional. Good cops who make waves and narc on their own are viewed as bad cops by the institution. This makes advancement opportunities difficult for anyone making the wrong waves.

Yeah, but I think that really goes back to guido's point that a lot of why this is the case is institutional. Good cops who make waves and narc on their own are viewed as bad cops by the institution. This makes advancement opportunities difficult for anyone making the wrong waves.
The irony is how many have voluntarily quit in droves since the George Floyd case. They don't mind losing their jobs if staying means they'll have to do better.

They have no more excuses.

The irony is how many have voluntarily quit in droves since the George Floyd case. They don't mind losing their jobs if staying means they'll have to do better.

They have no more excuses.
Well, it's a mostly thankless job making peanuts. I mean, I can't see myself working for an institution that often rewards bad behavior in a lot of ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom