Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (4 Viewers)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Defense puts KR on the stand. That’s generally quite risky.

Some response from Law Twitter

I wonder of that's at the insistence of KR, or if that's a strategic decision on the part of the defense team. I'm pretty shocked though. This guy doesnt seem like the kind who'd do well under scrutiny. We'll see.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
I wonder of that's at the insistence of KR, or if that's a strategic decision on the part of the defense team. I'm pretty shocked though. This guy doesnt seem like the kind who'd do well under scrutiny. We'll see.
Yea, i think they were clearly winning the case. No need to throw a hail Mary when you are up by 6.

Ken-Bob

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I believe the defense wants to try and show the events from KR's point of view and, probably, to try and generate sympathy. The prosecution should be able to tear him apart on cross but, based on what I've seen so far, I kind of doubt their ability to do that.

CoolBrees

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
That’s an interesting angle.

Perhaps they feel so confident, and frankly they should, they can get him on the stand and make hay.

But ask Mike Tyson about getting on the stand in your own defense.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I believe the defense wants to try and show the events from KR's point of view and, probably, to try and generate sympathy. The prosecution should be able to tear him apart on cross but, based on what I've seen so far, I kind of doubt their ability to do that.

The biggest risk is that the defendant makes admission as to elements of the crime. Any other person on the stand is a witness - and witness testimony is to be weighed by the jury based on context, credibility, etc. But the defendant is a party, the accused - and admissions on the stand can carry legal consequences in and of themselves.

JLaneSaints

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It was definitely a risky move, but seemed to have paid off, as the prosecutor even furthered the perception that he himself is an idiot. I mean trying to blame Call of Duty? Really? Back to video games again? This should never have even gone to trial.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
When you are asserting an affirmative defense like self-defense, taking the stand makes sense. They're not just trying to poke holes in the physical evidence, the defense is based on KR's state of mind at the time.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was definitely a risky move, but seemed to have paid off, as the prosecutor even furthered the perception that he himself is an idiot. I mean trying to blame Call of Duty? Really? Back to video games again? This should never have even gone to trial.
Wait, it already happened? I'm working, so not able to watch the trial.

JLaneSaints

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, it already happened? I'm working, so not able to watch the trial.

Yes. They are currently on a break right now. But the judge has already had to stop it twice due to the prosecutor bringing up things that have been explicitly told not to bring up, ie constitutional violations.

Add to that the prosecutor is actually trying to bring Kyle's Tiktok username into it, and pressing him about killing other players in Call of Duty. It's a train wreck to be sure, unless the prosecutor's actual goal is to be cast in a Marvel origin movie of Justin Hammer.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. They are currently on a break right now. But the judge has already had to stop it twice due to the prosecutor bringing up things that have been explicitly told not to bring up, ie constitutional violations.

Add to that the prosecutor is actually trying to bring Kyle's Tiktok username into it, and pressing him about killing other players in Call of Duty. It's a train wreck to be sure, unless the prosecutor's actual goal is to be cast in a Marvel origin movie of Justin Hammer.
I'd be all in on a Hammer origin story. :hihi:

Ken-Bob

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The prosecutor has completely blown this, IMO. Even though I think the 'video game' prosecution should have been allowed, it really shouldn't have been necessary to make the case.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The prosecutor has intentionally blown this, IMO. Even though I think the 'video game' prosecution should have been allowed, it really shouldn't have been necessary to make the case.
Fix'd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom