Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (7 Viewers)

I'm sure that this will clearly (not) change things in the JPSO, but at least it's coming after so many years of outcry.

Interesting...but...500 cameras for $8.75 million? What the hell?
I'm sure someone is getting a HUGE kickback from that "deal". This report is from 6 years ago.

The price of a single camera ranges widely, from less than $100 to more than $1,000, based on the size of the purchase (larger police departments often get a discount) and whether the deal includes data storage services. But managing and storing the video costs many times the price of the cameras themselves. And because the technology is so new, it’s likely that it will have to be replaced fairly quickly, which would require additional expenditures.

But it is the ongoing costs that are the real challenge. The New Orleans Police Department plans to purchase 350 body cameras, but is budgeting $1.2 million over five years, mostly for data storage.

I'm sure someone is getting a HUGE kickback from that "deal". This report is from 6 years ago.

Well, that makes sense, but still, that's an awful lot of money for cameras plus storage and I would assume maintenance and other ancillary costs.

I'd like to think he would be fired, but he'll probably get a promation and a metal for his bravery.

It seems clear to me that there are police departments across the country that aren't interested with earning the public's trust.

I get the message, "shut-up and color"!

They have a lot in common with the Catolic Church. Ignore and cover up, its the best solution....

We are on our 4th camera system in 12 years. They become outdated quickly and don't hold up very well. Cities don't like paying the huge price for these even though time and again it saves officers against false claims and the cities millions of dollars

They have a lot in common with the Catolic Church. Ignore and cover up, its the best solution....

I’m sure you mean the Catholic Church and not some weird cat o licking cult (which may or may not be worse)….don’t forget the covering up part and moving pedophiles around so they can spread their religious “acts” to children in other places….

I’m sure you mean the Catholic Church and not some weird cat o licking cult (which may or may not be worse)….don’t forget the covering up part and moving pedophiles around so they can spread their religious “acts” to children in other places….
dang it, i'm in trouble for talking about it.. first rule of catolic church is don't talk about catolic church...lol

Yes, happens the same with the police dept. instead of firing bad cops they can just transfer to another dept or even when they get fired they'll just end up on another PD.
Until i posted this, i never really noticed how similar the two are.

dang it, i'm in trouble for talking about it.. first rule of catolic church is don't talk about catolic church...lol

Yes, happens the same with the police dept. instead of firing bad cops they can just transfer to another dept or even when they get fired they'll just end up on another PD.
Until i posted this, i never really noticed how similar the two are.
Well, it's certainly not unique to either organization. It happens all the time. We just don't hear as much about it in lower profile cases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom