Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (7 Viewers)

Ever since someone used the term POP on here, a lot of situations like this make so much more sense. P'Oed off Police.
He was mad he didn't immediately pull over, and killed him because he was P'Oed off. It's a shame..

A veteran police officer in Illinois resigned Tuesday after researchers connected him to a deluge of violent and bigoted social media posts that glorified Adolf Hitler and hate crimes.

The resignation of Springfield Police Department Officer Aaron Paul Nichols, 46, came shortly after his department announced an investigation into the posts, first surfaced by Anonymous Comrades Collective (ACC), a group of anti-fascist researchers.

“If I found a genie and I had one wish? The Jews would be a distant memory in 72 hours,” one of the posts allegedly written by Nichols reads.

The Springfield Police Department said on Friday that it had launched an investigation into Nichols’ “racist comments,” and that his “police powers had been removed.” On Tuesday, the department told HuffPost in a statement that Nichols, who joined the department in 2004, resigned instead of meeting with investigators.

Officer Aaron Nichols resigned after his department announced an investigation into racist social media posts connected to him.

“The Springfield Police Department is committed to a complete and thorough investigation into the comments and actions of Aaron Nichols, regardless of his resignation,” the statement said.

This latest revelation comes amid growing concern by the FBI that law enforcement has been infiltrated by white supremacists.

Nichols did not respond to repeated requests for comment from HuffPost.

Nichols was first identified last Thursday by ACC, the group of researchers that tracks down white supremacists and neo-Nazis. The group previously helped HuffPost in its report first identifying Andrew Casarez, the leader of a Dylann Roof-worshipping neo-Nazi group.

Nichols left a trail of breadcrumbs leading to his unmasking, including sharing details about his family, his time in the police force and his location. Several racist posts on Twitter under the account name “SPD584” were traced to a Periscope account with the same handle, and which included his full legal name.

Researchers were able to connect the Twitter account to an account on the far-right social media website Gab with the same name. On Gab, where extremism and hate speech proliferate, Nichols shared a photo of his partially obscured face in one of his anonymous posts.............

A veteran police officer in Illinois resigned Tuesday after researchers connected him to a deluge of violent and bigoted social media posts that glorified Adolf Hitler and hate crimes.

The resignation of Springfield Police Department Officer Aaron Paul Nichols, 46, came shortly after his department announced an investigation into the posts, first surfaced by Anonymous Comrades Collective (ACC), a group of anti-fascist researchers.

“If I found a genie and I had one wish? The Jews would be a distant memory in 72 hours,” one of the posts allegedly written by Nichols reads.

The Springfield Police Department said on Friday that it had launched an investigation into Nichols’ “racist comments,” and that his “police powers had been removed.” On Tuesday, the department told HuffPost in a statement that Nichols, who joined the department in 2004, resigned instead of meeting with investigators.

Officer Aaron Nichols resigned after his department announced an investigation into racist social media posts connected to him.

“The Springfield Police Department is committed to a complete and thorough investigation into the comments and actions of Aaron Nichols, regardless of his resignation,” the statement said.

This latest revelation comes amid growing concern by the FBI that law enforcement has been infiltrated by white supremacists.

Nichols did not respond to repeated requests for comment from HuffPost.

Nichols was first identified last Thursday by ACC, the group of researchers that tracks down white supremacists and neo-Nazis. The group previously helped HuffPost in its report first identifying Andrew Casarez, the leader of a Dylann Roof-worshipping neo-Nazi group.

Nichols left a trail of breadcrumbs leading to his unmasking, including sharing details about his family, his time in the police force and his location. Several racist posts on Twitter under the account name “SPD584” were traced to a Periscope account with the same handle, and which included his full legal name.

Researchers were able to connect the Twitter account to an account on the far-right social media website Gab with the same name. On Gab, where extremism and hate speech proliferate, Nichols shared a photo of his partially obscured face in one of his anonymous posts.............

Good forking riddance. That said, there's probably a lot more where that comes from, unfortunately.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota prosecutors declined to file charges Wednesday against a Minneapolis police SWAT team officer who fatally shot Amir Locke while executing an early morning no-knock search warrant in a downtown apartment in February.

Locke, 22, who was Black, was staying on a couch in the apartment when authorities entered it on Feb. 2 without knocking as part of an investigation into a homicide in neighboring St. Paul……

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota prosecutors declined to file charges Wednesday against a Minneapolis police SWAT team officer who fatally shot Amir Locke while executing an early morning no-knock search warrant in a downtown apartment in February.

Locke, 22, who was Black, was staying on a couch in the apartment when authorities entered it on Feb. 2 without knocking as part of an investigation into a homicide in neighboring St. Paul……

Still doing no knock raids I see.

I feel that.
And fwiw, I'm not necessarily outright opposed to no knock raids, but they should only be used in extremely rare circumstances where it's clear that guns are present AND the place you're hitting has a known history of violence. They're used far, far too often. And I think judges approving them need to scrutinize the warrants more before approving them. They really should be rejecting them more than allowing them imo.

And fwiw, I'm not necessarily outright opposed to no knock raids, but they should only be used in extremely rare circumstances where it's clear that guns are present AND the place you're hitting has a known history of violence. They're used far, far too often. And I think judges approving them need to scrutinize the warrants more before approving them. They really should be rejecting them more than allowing them imo.
I don't think they are needed at all.

I don't think they are needed at all.
Yeah, I don't know. If you're dealing with armed gangs or someone who is a known murder suspect, I would think there has to be some way to affect an arrest when dealing with that. I don't know how you do that without having some element of surprise.

Yeah, I don't know. If you're dealing with armed gangs or someone who is a known murder suspect, I would think there has to be some way to affect an arrest when dealing with that. I don't know how you do that without having some element of surprise.
Surround the house, knock and then make a dynamic entrance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom