Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (8 Viewers)

Fair enough Joe. It's easy to side with the accused while harboring anti- LEO feelings due to not only personal past experiences, yet sometimes incomplete video accounts. I'm now assuming that store didnt have cameras?

what a dollar store barbie might look like

fark_yY8F2jhGWc81Jzoio-Ic_B1Ht3I.jpg

This is not a lack of empathy here. Just a lack of all the evidence. I am not going to stand and die on this hill defending this cop, but I have said there has to be more to this.

But as I stated, I am sure there is more. and it's starting to come out now.

I thought the video was shot in front of the store.. It was not.. That video was shot at the suspects Apt. Complex.
There were more stolen items in the car.
They also had the young girl's aunt with them who was shoplifting also. She dropped her items at the door when she saw the police. She was able to exit the car before the video begins. She was also arrested.
The cops followed the car with the suspects.
There was another person in the car that was dropped off at another location.
The Driver - The young man- Admitted to throwing stolen underwear out of the window as the police were behind him.
The Driver - Again the Young man was instructed by another officer at the store on ANOTHER shoplifting call instructed him not to drive away and leave the scene but he did.

We now have 4 adults in the car, multiple people shoplifting and multiple items taken. And the driver of the car leaving the scene of an investigation when instructed not to by the police and trying to ditch evidence

So now it is not as simple as just a Toddler stole a Barbie Doll now is it?

And that was my whole point... There had to be more to this... The cop just did not freak out and go ballistic just because the people were black...
Was the cop wrong, did he use excessive force, violence and language??? Probably so...
Were the suspects wrong, were they shoplifting, throwing away evidence, refusing commands and using the children to try and keep from being arrested??? Probably so.
I’m pretty sure she meant a lack of empathy from the cop
To look at her and not see a mom and kid but to see some existential threat to be feared and brutalized
THAT is what is sorely lacking empathy

Fair enough Joe. It's easy to side with the accused while harboring anti- LEO feelings due to not only personal past experiences, yet sometimes incomplete video accounts. I'm now assuming that store didnt have cameras?

I just want to say Thank You..

This is not a lack of empathy here. Just a lack of all the evidence. I am not going to stand and die on this hill defending this cop, but I have said there has to be more to this.

I thought the video was shot in front of the store.. It was not.. That video was shot at the suspects Apt. Complex.
They also had the young girl's aunt with them who was shoplifting also. She dropped her items at the door when she saw the police. She was able to exit the car before the video begins. She was also arrested.
The Driver - The young man- Admitted to throwing stolen underwear out of the window as the police were behind him.
The Driver - Again the Young man was instructed by another officer at the store on ANOTHER shoplifting call instructed him not to drive away and leave the scene but he did.

We now have 4 adults in the car, multiple people shoplifting and multiple items taken. And the driver of the car leaving the scene of an investigation when instructed not to by the police and trying to ditch evidence

And that was my whole point... There had to be more to this... The cop just did not freak out and go ballistic just because the people were black...
Was the cop wrong, did he use excessive force, violence and language??? Probably so...
Were the suspects wrong, were they shoplifting, throwing away evidence, refusing commands and using the children to try and keep from being arrested??? Probably so.
What you have is conflicting stories from the officers and the suspects. Allegations from the suspect that were suspiciously omitted in the official report but are shown in video evidence, which should create pause in taking the officer's account and narrative at face value. Which you seem to be doing here.

Either way, none of that justifies the officers conduct in this situation, no mater if all of that eventually checks out.

You conveniently left this part out:
Horne said the family was taken aback by officers approaching them at the apartment complex because police didn't turn on their lights or sirens that would have indicated they should stop.

The rest of it contains very important words you also left out..."police allege".

Police allege the girls aunt was also shoplifting but "dropped stuff at the door".

Police allege they "yelled" for the car to stop and "they heard the command", but drove off anyway, and had the sense to stop and drop someone off at another location, even though they apparently knew plice are hot on their tail? Wierd

Police allege the driver admitted to throwing underwear out the window, yet no sirens came on when he did that? That evidence was not recovered?

And after ALL that, no one was arrested for theft and only got booked on misdeamor traffic violations and outstand misdemeanor warrants? Even when police "allegedly" saw the aunt drop stuff at the door themselves? And the driver "admitted" to throwing out stolen underwear? Wierd again.

I allege that all seems very strange ...like someone trying to cover their butts strange.

I just want to say Thank You..
I don't have a problem considering additional info while remaining leery of most LEO accounts . This is why Id asked about store cameras.

I have been on FB discussing this very issue with a Liberal Female. aged approximately 50 years old... And during the conversation, this is her view.

liberals.jpg

So she is bend of of shape because of the way the cops treated those people... And when I provided her with the same links that there is way more to this story, she did the usual Liberal thing in an argument. Called me a Racist, Sicko, Freak... and then unfriended me...

So I get called a Racist, Sicko, Freak by a woman who wishes and enjoys the killing of our police officers.:smilie-elefant:

I just had to share this... and I don;t know why.. Perhaps maybe it's is this kind of thing that pushes me further and further away from the Democrats. I don't wish harm to anyone, of any color, for any reason... But yet I am the one that is called a Racist and insulted coming from a person that wishes death upon our nation's cops. Do these people really think that our country could function without some kind of law and law enforcement?

I have been on FB discussing this very issue with a Liberal Female. aged approximately 50 years old... And during the conversation, this is her view.

liberals.jpg

So she is bend of of shape because of the way the cops treated those people... And when I provided her with the same links that there is way more to this story, she did the usual Liberal thing in an argument. Called me a Racist, Sicko, Freak... and then unfriended me...

So I get called a Racist, Sicko, Freak by a woman who wishes and enjoys the killing of our police officers.:smilie-elefant:

I just had to share this... and I don;t know why.. Perhaps maybe it's is this kind of thing that pushes me further and further away from the Democrats. I don't wish harm to anyone, of any color, for any reason... But yet I am the one that is called a Racist and insulted coming from a person that wishes death upon our nation's cops. Do these people really think that our country could function without some kind of law and law enforcement?
Joe, I hear you.

liberals.jpg

There's not way more to this story. All you did was add the police version of events (which dont make sense), which they never even officially filed, but just released in a "statement" weeks after the fact. And if you actually take the time to read it, the only thing they claim (police) was stolen was exactly what has been reported....the baby doll. Nothing else.

And even adding their version of events doesn't even to begin to reconcile their reaction of threatening to shoot people in the head, damn near kicking the father to the ground, and showing complete indifference to very young children being present. You'd think there was at least a high speed chase or at least some prior altercation. But they never even turned on their sirens (or body cameras apparently). Their version doesn't explain any of their actions that day.

Do you think this country can function with Nazi style treatment of its citizens?

Last edited:
The Chief and Mayor have each condemned the treatment of these people, despite the accounts of the overseers involved. I'm guessing their reports were not found to be credible.

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego issued a statement on Twitter Saturday saying, "I, like many others, am sick over what I have seen in the video" and "I am deeply sorry for what this family went through."

You conveniently left this part out:
I'm sure it was just an oversight.
someone arguing about "the whole story" would naturally include such information.

and I ask, what would the cops have done if he tried to exit out of the opposite side of the vehicle because of the door, then their excuse probably would have been "we thought he was going for a weapon" .

Well.. I am glad to hear all this from a witness that was there and in the car. That's for that heads up... You had no clue if she had a gun or not until after you read the story online and watched the video... You had absolutely no clue if she was a threat or not.

Now Sir... Let me ask you in your most professional opinon... Given police training probably says that any time that you roll up on a call you have to expect the worst... and that the suspects may be armed... Given this is a standard training thought pattern... and I only assume it is...

If you are a cop and you yell at a couple in a car to get out of their car with their hands up... What amount of time are you going to wait for them to do that? What if they don;t get out the car as you instructed... What are you going to do Bandon8283??? They don;t do as you command.... What do you do next Brandon8283.. I would like to know.
Well, if those cowards are too afraid to do the job, perhaps they should find another profession. Bottom line, that is not how you treat a human being, and I'm willing to bet that any one of those so called public servants would have lost their sheet on someone that was treating a dog like they treated those people. Here's hoping the couple receives 10 times the amount that they are suing for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom