Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (5 Viewers)

knock me over with a feather

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: The federal government will not bring criminal charges against the officer involved in the death of Eric Garner, according to sources close to the matter. <br><br>New York police officer Daniel Pantaleo could still face disciplinary action by the department.</p>&mdash; NPR (@NPR) <a href="">July 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have read quite a few "false" positives stories where police arrest people when their roadside drug kits fail. Spagettios sauce was meth, powder from a donut was cocaine, sheetrock mud was cocaine, etc...
Now we have bird poop on a hood of a car that is now cocaine. When he was being pulled over, he called 911 to say he didn't feel safe pulling over in a non well lit area. It was clear that the officer wanted to arrest him for this. And guess what, the officers found a reason, even if they had to pretend bird poop was cocaine. I'm sorry, there isn't an argument you can start that will make me believe they can't tell the difference in bird poop and cocaine. When they look in his trunk, even though they had no evidence, you can hear on of them say they know he is dealing....SMH..

In the video, you can see cops paying close attention to the hood of Werts' ride, shining a flashlight on the area and allegedly discovering a foreign white substance on it.

That's when an officer walks back to the patrol car to question Werts, asking straight-up, "What's the white stuff on the front of your hood, man?"

Werts immediately responds, "Bird sh*t."

The officer doesn't believe him, saying repeatedly that the substance looks nothing like bird poop ... and instead, he tells Werts test results indicated it was a controlled substance.

"I swear to God it's not [bird poo]," the officer says, "because I just tested it, and that turned pink."

Werts insists over and over again it's bird poop ... but the cop clearly doesn't believe him, with the officer eventually telling him, "It tested positive for cocaine."

Chocolate or poop?

Listening to wwl this morning was very enlightening.

According to Newel Normand, The investigation into the Michael Brown shooting returned nothing. Tons of false reporting and perpetuation of lies about what really went down. The officer lost his job for doing his job and likely has to wear a disguise when he goes out in public.

Now we have the democratic presidential candidates perpetuating the lies and creating issues where none exist. These people ought to be ashamed

According to Newel Normand, The investigation into the Michael Brown shooting returned nothing. Tons of false reporting and perpetuation of lies about what really went down. The officer lost his job for doing his job and likely has to wear a disguise when he goes out in public.

Now we have the democratic presidential candidates perpetuating the lies and creating issues where none exist. These people ought to be ashamed

The DoJ report on the Ferguson PD fleshes out why the Ferguson community reacted so strongly to the Michael Brown case. Turns out they had good reason to "overreact."

Can't get the link to work. Google Ferguson DoJ report.

The cliff notes version.

The DoJ report on the Ferguson PD fleshes out why the Ferguson community reacted so strongly to the Michael Brown case. Turns out they had good reason to "overreact."

Can't get the link to work. Google Ferguson DoJ report.

The cliff notes version.

Not sure where you’re trying to go or what you want to imply.

There might have been issues in the community. There might have been a few bad apples in the police dept. Can you name a human organization that’s perfect?

I hope you’re not trying to rationalize Michael Brown’s actions based on the perception that the police dept had some bad apples...or perhaps a belief that the police are all racists...

The fact is that Officer Wilson did nothing wrong. And the DOJ report backs that up. Witnesses and physical evidence backed up his account while other so called witnesses recanted. To summarize an 86 page report carried out by Obama’s DOJ, it says there wasn’t enough evidence, the matter lacks prosecutive merit and should be closed.

There is a movement to undermine the police. Call it “antifa”. Whatever. It’s rampant on social media and message boards. It stems from the Plaintiff mindset that law enforcement is a racist organization. They believe in utilizing any means necessary to achieve their objective. It tries to give justification to a civilian uprising against the police- undermine their authority. We see people pouring water on officers in NY. It uses the Michael Brown case and perverts the facts and and it’s shameful.

Last edited:

There might have been issues in the community. There might have been a few bad apples in the police dept. Can you name a human organization that’s perfect?

I hope you’re not trying to rationalize Michael Brown’s actions based on the perception that the police dept had some bad apples...or perhaps a belief that the police are all racists...

The fact is that Officer Wilson did nothing wrong. And the DOJ report backs that up. Witnesses and physical evidence backed up his account while other so called witnesses recanted. To summarize an 86 page report carried out by Obama’s DOJ, it says there wasn’t enough evidence, the matter lacks prosecutive merit and should be closed.

There is a movement to undermine the police. Call it “antifa”. Whatever. It’s rampant on social media and message boards. It stems from the Plaintiff mindset that law enforcement is a racist organization. They believe in utilizing any means necessary to achieve their objective. It tries to give justification to a civilian uprising against the police- undermine their authority. We see people pouring water on officers in NY. It uses the Michael Brown case and perverts the fact and and it’s shameful.
Had you left off the last paragraph, you were close to having a point
The last paragraph torpedoed everything you were trying to say

Had you left off the last paragraph, you were close to having a point
The last paragraph torpedoed everything you were trying to say

what's the point of all that bait if you aren't even going to try and set the hook, though?

There is a movement to undermine the police. Call it “antifa”. Whatever. It’s rampant on social media and message boards. It stems from the Plaintiff mindset that law enforcement is a racist organization. They believe in utilizing any means necessary to achieve their objective. It tries to give justification to a civilian uprising against the police- undermine their authority. We see people pouring water on officers in NY. It uses the Michael Brown case and perverts the fact and and it’s shameful.
And the very opposite of this is quite true on social media as well. The police can and do no wrong. While it has been my experience that most cops are just normal people, the fact that a lot of cops can shoot unarmed people for no reason and a significant portion of the general public have no issues with this, is well appalling. I have backed up some questionable shootings in the past with my experience, however recently, there have been numerous shootings that just can't be articulated factually. The old "I feared for my life" is just played out. However, a lot of people just think that it's business as usual and that thought process is just as concerning, if not more, than the supposed threat from Antifa. The fact that we will allow trained personnel to make such grave mistakes is troubling and the fact that our society pretty much condones these actions is even more so. As a police officer, I wanted to be held to a higher standard than the average citizen due to my specialized knowledge and training. I was the individual to arrive on scene and restore order when all else had failed. I feel that nowadays too many officers (1 officer is too many) feel that deadly force is the first option and our country has no problem with this. To summarize, our police departments do a difficult, mostly thankless task, and do it pretty well. We have to do better at community relations and we have to hold substandard officers more accountable.

You can listen to 5 different talk show hosts and according to "them" you will probably have 5 different opinions. What makes Normand's "according to" Fact? Can you enlighten what his points were and what sources he used? Normand is no different than any other talk show host that his personal opinion has a lot to do with if you agree or disagree with something like this. Peronally, I believe they were both equally responsible for what happened, both did things that cost him his life. I've been in a court room before and heard a judge say straight up "the cop is always right unless you have unquestionable proof". I have no doubt this a very common practice. Most civilians will probably say this too. Just because there isn't enough to charge them, doesn't mean there was no wrong doing.

If an investigation comes back on something and its a decision that fits your opinion, it's 100% fact, if an investigation comes back with a decision and it doesn't fit your opinion, "its all lies!! and FAKE NEWS".
Perfect example is the Clinton emails vs the Trump collusion case. depending on what your opinion on each person, one is a lie and the other was correct, even though both came back with the same decision, not enough to charge them.

And the very opposite of this is quite true on social media as well. The police can and do no wrong. While it has been my experience that most cops are just normal people, the fact that a lot of cops can shoot unarmed people for no reason and a significant portion of the general public have no issues with this, is well appalling. I have backed up some questionable shootings in the past with my experience, however recently, there have been numerous shootings that just can't be articulated factually. The old "I feared for my life" is just played out. However, a lot of people just think that it's business as usual and that thought process is just as concerning, if not more, than the supposed threat from Antifa. The fact that we will allow trained personnel to make such grave mistakes is troubling and the fact that our society pretty much condones these actions is even more so. As a police officer, I wanted to be held to a higher standard than the average citizen due to my specialized knowledge and training. I was the individual to arrive on scene and restore order when all else had failed. I feel that nowadays too many officers (1 officer is too many) feel that deadly force is the first option and our country has no problem with this. To summarize, our police departments do a difficult, mostly thankless task, and do it pretty well. We have to do better at community relations and we have to hold substandard officers more accountable.

I don’t follow the “more accountable” statement.
Is there some sort of systemic practice that you’re aware of whereby “the police” are somehow NOT held accountable?
Or... as I suspect, there are some pockets of unaccountability due to factors specific to that precinct?

I know of 3 incidents in my town alone where the police were held accountable. They got fired and people got paid large sums of money because of abuse of power. I’ve seen accountability in other precincts too including new orleans.

Just curious;Do you see the harm in the actions by antifa and similar groups in their attempts to undermine the police? That it can lead to an erosion in confidence and likely jeoparize the safety even further, in the ones charged with OUR safety and lead to an anarchy type scenario. You being a policeman, Is this something that concerns you in any way?

It does me but curious how you feel about that.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom