Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (30 Viewers)

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The kid was not even the one buying the pot. He gave someone else a ride. Of course the cop was just protecting himself. The hardened criminal was driving right at him, at least such was the police officers position. However the official autopsy has been released and it [apparently] shows he was shot from behind and that there is no way the car could have been moving.

multiple links for the story:

Local

Huffington

This link Say the cop did not include the shooting in his initial report.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the reason for declining charges is simply for lack of a clear video...that's a chicken sheet move.

Reaction score
CBS News: Minneapolis police shoot and kill man during traffic stop.
Not sure this belongs here. If there was an exchange of gunfire and witnesses saying the police fired after being fired upon, then that's totally legit. The only question is if the civilian fired first out of fear because of the history of the dept. I think that would be a shame, but certainly not justification for firing at police.

Reaction score
Not sure this belongs here. If there was an exchange of gunfire and witnesses saying the police fired after being fired upon, then that's totally legit. The only question is if the civilian fired first out of fear because of the history of the dept. I think that would be a shame, but certainly not justification for firing at police.
He was just following status quo with posting a police shooting.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I put it here because the title says "police shootings."

I'm withholding judgment until the body camera footage is released.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put it here because the title says "police shootings."

I'm withholding judgment until the body camera footage is released.
And if there are no body cameras, I'm giving the victim the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction score
And if there are no body cameras, I'm giving the victim the benefit of the doubt.
If there's multiple witnesses saying the deceased fired first, I'm not very concerned about the body cam footage. That said, I got the impression from the article there's no abnormalities about the body cams. I guess we'll find out.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Article about shooting ten years ago

Cop found not guilty of course
========================

.........At the time, a Bellaire officer named John Edwards was patrolling, and after witnessing Tolan quickly pull around a corner, he followed the Xterra. He ran the license plate number: 696BGK. The problem: Edwards typed in 695BGK. That number, off by a digit, returned a stolen vehicle of the same make and color, court records show.

Edwards emerged from his patrol car and drew his gun. He accused Tolan and Cooper of stealing the car.

“That’s not true,” Cooper said, according to court records.

“That’s my car,” Tolan said. “This is my house.”

Tolan said he offered to get his ID so he could prove it. The commotion woke Tolan’s parents, who came through the front door in their pajamas.

According to court records, Bobby Tolan asked his son and nephew to follow Edwards’s request to get on the ground.

“This is my nephew,” Bobby Tolan said. “This is my son.”..........

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
sickening that an officer makes a mistake by typing the wrong plate # and ruins the life of a whole family and all that happens is "oh well".. the guy and his family lost everything they had, and the officer is now a LT for the Bellaire PD..
is it wrong of me to hope that days before retirement he loses all his pension, 401k and life savings and has to live on the streets?

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Guess I'll put this here

Police weren't involved but the easily could have been
==========================================
On December 26, Grammy-winning jazz trumpeter Keyon Harrold and his 14-year-old son were on their way to brunch at the Arlo, a boutique hotel in Manhattan’s Soho neighborhood, when they were intercepted by an agitated woman in the lobby. The confrontation, which Harrold recorded on his phone and later shared across social media platforms, was ugly.

In the video, the woman accosts Harrold and Keyon Harrold Jr., who are both Black, accusing the latter of stealing her iPhone. She then furiously demands that the hotel manager help her — and to Harrold’s further disbelief, the manager complies, asking Harrold Jr. to hand over his phone. The video cuts out as Harrold and his son attempt to leave the scene, after which the woman tackled the teen, as captured by surveillance footage. The hotel later informed Harrold that the woman found her phone soon after the confrontation.

Since Harrold shared the footage, it has gone viral, drawing comparisons to the notorious confrontation between Amy Cooper and a Black birder in Central Park this past summer. The video has also sparked two separate investigations: one by the New York Police Department and another by the Manhattan district attorney’s office. According to the New York Post, NYPD sources have identified the woman — who has been dubbed “Soho Karen” — as the 22-year-old Miya Ponsetto. Here’s what we know so far..............

A Woman Falsely Accused a Black Teenager of Stealing Her Phone (msn.com)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Need to have confirmation on the video showing the time of restraint, but dang once the cuffs are on why would you need to sit on a suspect? Can any LEO explain that to me?

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
because the ones who do that are inept at their job and were probably the guy in high school who did the same thing to other kids..

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
An unarmed Black man has been killed by police in Killeen, Tx., in a fatal shooting that was partially captured on video, PEOPLE confirms.

On Wednesday, civil rights attorney Lee Merritt released doorbell and smart phone footage of the moments leading up to the killing of 52-year-old Patrick Warren, Sr.

The footage also includes the immediate aftermath of Sunday's shooting, which Warren's family witnessed.

"I told you, don't use a gun," Warren's son repeats to Killeen Policeman Reynaldo Contreras, the officer who shot Warren, according to a statement from Killeen Police.

The shooting occurred at about 5:30 p.m., according to the statement.

The statement notes Contreras has been with the department for five years. He has been placed on administrative leave as the investigation into the shooting — being conducted by the Texas Rangers — continues. Killeen's Internal Affairs Unit will be conducting its own investigation into Sunday's fatal encounter..............

Tx. Police Officer Fatally Shoots Unarmed Black Man After Family Called for Mental Health Help (msn.com)

Reaction score
An unarmed Black man has been killed by police in Killeen, Tx., in a fatal shooting that was partially captured on video, PEOPLE confirms.

On Wednesday, civil rights attorney Lee Merritt released doorbell and smart phone footage of the moments leading up to the killing of 52-year-old Patrick Warren, Sr.

The footage also includes the immediate aftermath of Sunday's shooting, which Warren's family witnessed.

"I told you, don't use a gun," Warren's son repeats to Killeen Policeman Reynaldo Contreras, the officer who shot Warren, according to a statement from Killeen Police.

The shooting occurred at about 5:30 p.m., according to the statement.

The statement notes Contreras has been with the department for five years. He has been placed on administrative leave as the investigation into the shooting — being conducted by the Texas Rangers — continues. Killeen's Internal Affairs Unit will be conducting its own investigation into Sunday's fatal encounter..............

Tx. Police Officer Fatally Shoots Unarmed Black Man After Family Called for Mental Health Help (msn.com)
We really need to get officers some better less than lethal options for such events. Maybe something as simple and old school as a net or webbing which can be deployed to restrict movement making it easier to stop an incident without escalation to real bullets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 14)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom