Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (25 Viewers)

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The kid was not even the one buying the pot. He gave someone else a ride. Of course the cop was just protecting himself. The hardened criminal was driving right at him, at least such was the police officers position. However the official autopsy has been released and it [apparently] shows he was shot from behind and that there is no way the car could have been moving.

multiple links for the story:

Local

Huffington

This link Say the cop did not include the shooting in his initial report.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if you call 911 on a family member who is having metal problems. it should not turn into a death sentence..too many times this has happened.
putting officers in situations they are not equipped or trained to handle

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This here is hard to take. My child and I'd be in handcuffs...

“Executive Assistant Police Chief Finner said he was not sure whether officers at the scene knew the baby was in the car.”

So they either had no idea who else might be in the car, but decided to open fire anyway, or they knew who else was in the car, but decided it was an acceptable risk.

I gotta say, I’m with Grandadmiral on this one. Unacceptable.

The mother says she was in the car as well (I think I read that right), but the police say that she wasn’t.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
“Executive Assistant Police Chief Finner said he was not sure whether officers at the scene knew the baby was in the car.”

So they either had no idea who else might be in the car, but decided to open fire anyway, or they knew who else was in the car, but decided it was an acceptable risk.

I gotta say, I’m with Grandadmiral on this one. Unacceptable.

The mother says she was in the car as well (I think I read that right), but the police say that she wasn’t.
There has to be body cam footage or footage from the gas station.

Something's not right no matter how you look at it.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There has to be body cam footage or footage from the gas station.

Something's not right no matter how you look at it.
Yeah, hopefully they have body cam footage. There's no excuse for any police department not to have them. Terrible that stuff like this happens.

Reaction score
My guess here is that you are going to have a traumatized family and officer. I just can't believe he pulled that trigger knowing there was even a remote chance that a child was in the vehicle. Now as to whether the officer should have done a better job ascertaining that info, IDK. A perp on the run with a weapon is a pretty dangerous threat I'm not trained in dealing with so I can't even imagine the process of dealing with that.

I hope the child recovers fully and the family can get past this. I also hope for the best for the officer. Based on what I'm hearing, it's a crap sandwich everyone got to taste.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Dude lost his job for firing his gun inappropriately and they let him back on appeal. What happens...?

He does it again...

And by "they" you mean the real enablers of police misconduct, the police unions. This dude shouldn't be allowed to hold a weapon, much less, allowed to serve as a police officer and that is evident by his unprofessional/untrained actions from the body cam video. NOPD has come a long way from its pre-Katrina days and that traffic stop by a piss poor cop has set them back with the public.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Should he be fired or resign? This guy could have easily been killed because of the lies this officer told.
Man was just doing his job and was delivering newspapers. Why lie and say the man tried to kill him? We all know why...
You would think by him being a sheriff, he would know the 911 call would have been recorded.
Pierce County Sheriff Ed Troyer told a dispatch operator in a Jan. 27 call, first reported by the Seattle Times, that a man going house-to-house in his neighborhood in the early morning threatened to “kill” Troyer, prompting dozens of police cars from multiple agencies to respond. Tacoma Police officers discovered that the man, 24-year-old Sedrick Altheimer, was a Black newspaper delivery driver — and Troyer told them he was “never threatened,” according to an incident report obtained by the newspaper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 11)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom