Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (38 Viewers)

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The kid was not even the one buying the pot. He gave someone else a ride. Of course the cop was just protecting himself. The hardened criminal was driving right at him, at least such was the police officers position. However the official autopsy has been released and it [apparently] shows he was shot from behind and that there is no way the car could have been moving.

multiple links for the story:

Local

Huffington

This link Say the cop did not include the shooting in his initial report.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So the officer basically tried to execute the kid.. what a P0S.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I've lived in Montgomery County since 1989, this is horrible, the police officers should be fired.....but I also feel they should not have been called in the first place....

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've lived in Montgomery County since 1989, this is horrible, the police officers should be fired.....but I also feel they should not have been called in the first place....
Yeah, that's a real problem. Too many people want to call or involve the police in situations where they don't need to be involved to begin with.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I grew up in Silver Spring and lived there most of my life and I’m not that far from there now

this breaks my heart

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I grew up in Silver Spring and lived there most of my life and I’m not that far from there now

this breaks my heart
My first real job out of college was in SS. Quotron building (was called the old AT&T building back then), a block off of where Randolph Rd. turns into Cherry Hill Rd....

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score
I understand the lesson the officer was trying to teach the kid, as a 48 year old man. I seriously doubt the kid understands the lesson, as a 5 year old. The officer should of simply ensured the child was safe, and let the parent do whatever yelling needed to be done.

Reaction score
He seems to have taken some liberties with the details there.

• Small group? Seems true enough.
  • Peaceful? Debatable.
  • Violently threw her out of the chair? I'd need to see more because it looked like he was casually strolling her out of the road and she started flailing about wildly possibly causing her own exit from the chair.

Believe your eye folks not just what's written. I really didn't see anything disturbing by officers there. YMMV.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
sad article
=================

I’ve gotten the worst call of a lifetime three times in my life. The first one came in 2001, when I was told that Himey — my best friend and the man I wish I’d married — had been shot and killed.

The second came in 2010, when my son Donald — a great student who dreamed of being a film producer — had been fatally shot in the head.

The most recent was in 2016, when Che — my big brother and protector — was shot seven times by police, handcuffed, and left to bleed out for six and a half minutes before aid was administered or paramedics arrived.

When aid finally came, it was too late. Another person I loved, killed by a gun.
The aftermath of each of those shootings was remarkably similar: the pain, the loss, the stigma.

And yet, there was one important difference: how justice was, or was not, done.
Himey and Donald’s killers were convicted and are in jail, paying their debt to society.

Che’s killers can still be paid to protect and serve us, despite the fact that they shot him within nine seconds of approaching him, while he complied with orders, and then blamed it on him reaching for a gun in his waistband. There was no gun in his waistband............

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a thought. This might not be a cure, but it may serve to reduce these kinds of fatalities.

If a suspect dies in custody, the arresting officers (and/or jail employees responsible for that area) are put on UNPAID leave during an investigation. If it's found that they didn't call paramedics or were otherwise neglectful, that unpaid leave becomes permanent. Maybe charges are filed, maybe not. That's up to the DA. But as a condition of employment, if someone dies under your care and you're at fault? You're fired, period. The investigating panel would be made up of local ER doctors, chosen at random like a jury pool.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a thought. This might not be a cure, but it may serve to reduce these kinds of fatalities.

If a suspect dies in custody, the arresting officers (and/or jail employees responsible for that area) are put on UNPAID leave during an investigation. If it's found that they didn't call paramedics or were otherwise neglectful, that unpaid leave becomes permanent. Maybe charges are filed, maybe not. That's up to the DA. But as a condition of employment, if someone dies under your care and you're at fault? You're fired, period. The investigating panel would be made up of local ER doctors, chosen at random like a jury pool.
I agree with all except the unpaid leave before judgement part. That approaches the the problem from a presumption of guilty perspective. I'd rather start with the innocent until proven guilty, so as to not hurt those who are actually innocent.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

The unions would never let that happen

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with all except the unpaid leave before judgement part. That approaches the the problem from a presumption of guilty perspective. I'd rather start with the innocent until proven guilty, so as to not hurt those who are actually innocent.
The unpaid part is essential because that's a deterrent to letting anyone die in custody. It's QED that someone died under your care, guilt for that is already established.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I get what you're saying but people are often put on unpaid leave

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 19)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom