Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (3 Viewers)

not sure what you mean by 'primary'
how about 'significant'
and it's actually great that you don't jump to conclusions
but the next part is crucial - after not presuming, do you then go on to check if your presumptions are correct or not
Ok, significant. :idunno: My answer would be yes, but I feel like you wouldn't believe me anyway. Not sure why you felt the need to provide me with material to help me form an opinion.

Ok, significant. :idunno: My answer would be yes, but I feel like you wouldn't believe me anyway. Not sure why you felt the need to provide me with material to help me form an opinion.
you stated an assumption - i showed how your assumption was not backed up by data
hopefully your opinion is able to adjust to 'new'/correct information

the flip side of your question is 'why would anyone want an opinion that is not tested'? what would the point be?

you stated an assumption - i showed how your assumption was not backed up by data
hopefully your opinion is able to adjust to 'new'/correct information

the flip side of your question is 'why would anyone want an opinion that is not tested'? what would the point be?
No, you're just playing a semantics game. You scored, I conceded. :idunno:

You providing me with a tool to help me form my opinions implies that I don't already "weigh my assumptions," which is why I doubt you would believe me anyway if I told you I did. I don't mind my opinions being tested, I just mind when they're tested in a condescending manner.

No, you're just playing a semantics game. You scored, I conceded. :idunno:

You providing me with a tool to help me form my opinions implies that I don't already "weigh my assumptions," which is why I doubt you would believe me anyway if I told you I did. I don't mind my opinions being tested, I just mind when they're tested in a condescending manner.
'primary' held a rhetorical trap that i wanted to avoid ("how do you know it's the 1st thing that police think")
i don't think that you would use that particular dodge (i actually respect the way you discussing this topic even if i have issue with your conclusions), but someone could have - it's a convenient way to distract the topic
so i just asked for clarification if 'significant' held your meaning to avoid the potential derailing

your assumption was something that's been disproven on this board time and again for years
(semantically, i would argue that once 'assumptions' are weighed they're not assumptions anymore - just verified or incorrect opinions)
so there's really no reason to have an assumption about something with lots and lots of compelling evidence
- most of which i have to believe you've seen or been shown on this board

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom