Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (9 Viewers)

I feel very sad that you missed the opportunity to provide the board with the CONTEXT that so many seem to lack
do you want to know what would cheer me up?

go look for it yourself and stop being a lazy human who watches GMA clips to get your panties in a twist for hating white people

go look for it yourself and stop being a lazy human who watches GMA clips to get your panties in a twist for hating white people

Are you suggesting that there is something out there that justifies what the drill sergeant was doing in that video? I just did a google and couldn't find anything.

I searched all over for this story and can't find it anywhere. Then I looked at the profile of the person who posted it. I don't think I'd share anything that person posts. They seem very radicalized and intent on perpetuating division. I'm fairly certain the tweet that you shared is photshopped as well.

I searched all over for this story and can't find it anywhere. Then I looked at the profile of the person who posted it. I don't think I'd share anything that person posts. They seem very radicalized and intent on perpetuating division. I'm fairly certain the tweet that you shared is photshopped as well.

I found a report about a church in Brooklyn Center that was a safe harbor for people during the protests. This is the church:

church.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: The church that photo was taken at is a Kenyan Seventh-Day Adventist church. The police were not blocking access (you can see in the photo that they make a square to the side of the church. According to the photographer, they police were staging out of that parking lot and preparing to go enforce the curfew.

Last edited:
I found a report about a church in Brooklyn Center that was a safe harbor for people during the protests. This is the church:

church.jpg

I saw a few articles, including one about the Kenyan SDA chuch in the tweet, of churches in the area giving safe harbor to the protesters. Basically just handing out food and drinks and giving them a place to rest. I also saw where one had provided some medical attention, but nothing at all about police forming a barricade around any churches or about police involved with churches at all. I even checked their FB page and nothing.

I think in this day & age we all REALLY need to be careful what we are sharing and make certain what the context is. Say what you will about the picture by itself, but making up lies and making it sound worse than what it is, is only sowing division & hate. @FullMonte @Eeyore

Last edited:

I think in this day & age we all REALLY need to be careful what we are sharing and make certain what the context is. Say what you will about the picture by itself, but making up lies and making it sound worse than what it is, is only sowing division & hate. @FullMonte @Eeyore

I'm not sure why you tagged me in that comment. I was showing that the church that was acting as a safe harbor was not the one in that photo, and I even included a tweet from the photographer stating that the officers were simply staging out of that area before heading out into the streets to enforce the curfew.

I'm not sure why you tagged me in that comment. I was showing that the church that was acting as a safe harbor was not the one in that photo, and I even included a tweet from the photographer stating that the officers were simply staging out of that area before heading out into the streets to enforce the curfew.
Because I had already quoted you before you added the tweet and the tweets that I added were in response to the one's you added. I was just bringing them to your attention since maybe you missed them when you added your tweet. I thought it put a more definitive stamp on what was actually going on. The comment wasn't meant to be directed at you, nor @Eeyore really, which is why I said "we all" because we all can be guilty of wanting to put something out there before we verify it and it can sometimes cause more harm than good. I'm sorry that it appeared to be directed at you.

I often see trucks (usually trucks) that have a "Come and Take it" sticker next to a "Back the Blue" sticker or one of those American Flags with a blue line in it which i think is also a back the blue thing.

I don't understand how these guys don't get it that cops will be the ones that "Come and Take it."
Cops blocked people from going to churches and they think they will have a problem taking their guns?
Cops won't have a problem confiscating guns

They don’t care man. They see white guy BAD, black guy GOOD and call it a day. They ride the wave of social perception for ratings and could care less about the collateral damage they cause in people’s lives. And shame on us for falling into that trap of judgment without context. Because there is actual CONTEXT about why this guy was acting in this manner and it has NOTHING to do with RACE.
So for the few of you that made your preconceived judgments based on a snapshot of time, go do actual research about what actually led to the confrontation in the first place.
While I do agree with some of what you have to say, I don't think the comment is very helpful. The mass media is definitely much more concerned about ratings than news and unfortunately right now, racial division sells. As for the story, the only thing that I can find that supports the case of the soldier is him telling the black guy that he'd been hanging around for 15 minutes. There are other less reputable sites making claims that the black guy has been admitted to a mental institution since the altercation and that he had some pending charges of animal cruelty and trespassing. I've found nothing to support those claims, but even if that is true, it aligns with what the police said that it didn't warrant the verbal tirade & physical aggression from the soldier who likely wouldn't even know of either. If someone I was unfamiliar with was hanging around my house for that long I'd want to know what they were doing as well & would likely approach them or at the very least, let them know that I've noticed them. But to go confront the guy aggressively that way was uncalled for unless he was doing something more than just standing or walking around and there's nothing as of yet that I've seen that says otherwise. The soldier's wife said that the police had already been called. Maybe it would have been a better idea for them to just wait for the police.

Last edited:
I often see trucks (usually trucks) that have a "Come and Take it" sticker next to a "Back the Blue" sticker or one of those American Flags with a blue line in it which i think is also a back the blue thing.

I don't understand how these guys don't get it that cops will be the ones that "Come and Take it."
Cops blocked people from going to churches and they think they will have a problem taking their guns?
Cops won't have a problem confiscating guns
Cops didn't block people from going to the churches. We just went over that fact.

Edit: Ah, maybe you talking about the Covid situation where people were arrested etc for going to church.

Yeah, I don't get the people who put the "come and take it" or any sort of support the 2nd amendment stickers on their vehicle. The last thing I want to do is advertise that I carry a gun with me, especially in my vehicle. All that does is make your vehicle a target for break-ins.

Last edited:
Funny scene from Red Dawn. "they can have may gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers"
Red dawn2.gif

I found this posted on twitter. I can't verify anything about it, but it paints a little different picture.

Apparently too the neighborhood is a very mixed race neighborhood, so If that's the case, it supports that it wasn't just a white guy telling a black guy that he doesn't belong in his white neighborhood which is the impression that I've gotten since seeing the story for the first time. In fact, the soldier even says that it's a tight-nit community, so that would imply that it may not have been racially motivated. He also didn't have anything to say to the black girl who was filming, so for whatever reason, he thought he was justified in his actions.

I'll say this. If a neighbor came to my house and told me that someone was assaulting or harassing their daughter, I'd probably react very similar to the soldier. I don't know if I'd shove the guy, but I certainly wouldn't let him just hang around.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom