Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (9 Viewers)

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The kid was not even the one buying the pot. He gave someone else a ride. Of course the cop was just protecting himself. The hardened criminal was driving right at him, at least such was the police officers position. However the official autopsy has been released and it [apparently] shows he was shot from behind and that there is no way the car could have been moving.

multiple links for the story:

Local

Huffington

This link Say the cop did not include the shooting in his initial report.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
and the hits just keep on coming. Literally
=============================

Two New Jersey police officers are facing civil rights and obstruction of justice charges for allegedly assaulting an Arab American teenager and then lying about it on a police report, according to the New Jersey US Attorney's Office.

Paterson Police Officers Kevin Patino and Kendry Tineo-Restituyo appeared before Magistrate Judge Andre Espinosa on Tuesday to face charges that they allegedly deprived Osamah Alsaidi, then 19, of his constitutional right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures and then lied about the incident on a police report, court documents state. The December 2020 incident was captured on surveillance video and prompted an investigation by the New Jersey Attorney General's Office in February.......

Alsaidi, who was on his way to his 1 a.m. shift at Amazon, sustained multiple physical injuries as a result, including head trauma, a concussion and multiple cuts and bruises, as well as anxiety, stress and depression, Navas said at the time.

Prosecutors allege in court documents that both Patino and Tineo-Restituyo approached Alsaidi, who was walking with his hands in his pockets, and grabbed hold of him, punched him multiple times, threw him to the ground, and continued to assault him while he was on the ground. The officers had been responding to a call of a "suspicious person," according to a criminal complaint.

Patino and Tineo-Restituyo also stand accused of making numerous false statements in a police report about the incident.

"For instance, the police report falsely stated that the victim had walked towards the officers 'screaming profanities' and 'acting belligerent' and that the victim had struck Patino with a closed fist in the chest. None of this was true," a press release from the New Jersey US Attorney's Office states.....

If convicted, Patino and Tineo-Restituyo each face a maximum of 10 years in prison for the civil rights violation charge, a maximum of 20 years in prison for the falsification of a record charge, and a maximum fine of $250,000 for each charge, according to the US Attorney's office.........

Something that the alleged "good apples" in the LEO community are going to have to take note of one day. Shirt like this will erode the assumption of factuality in court regarding police reports. Y'all will lose your advantage of presumed truthfulness when giving testimony because your pig brethren keep lying on their reports and YOU keep backing them up.
Is that the world you really want to build?

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The NC judge in Elizabeth City has denied Andrew Brown's family's request to release the various video footage to the public - requiring a 30-day waiting period in the interest of public safety and the investigation. He ordered that the family be provided screening of all of the video (they saw 20 seconds of video on Monday).

The police allege that Brown attempted to hit officers with his car. These kinds of cases are always challenging - a car is a deadly weapon, even if the driver is unarmed. But the video will likely show quite a bit about how it all went down. Unless there's a leak or a change from legal, that won't happen for another month.

If he thinks waiting 30 days will limit the ferocity of the eventual public reaction if that video shows what I fear it will, he’s sorely mistaken.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
So, 5x as many white people in US than black people. 1733 white people shot to death, 731 black people shot to death. Percentages are not close to being equal..
Even worse is that in 2020 they shot more people than in most previous years (regardless of race) in a pandemic where people were staying home more and police shootings were at the forefront of media attention.

THEY DON'T GIVE A FORK.

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can you post the UNARMED people shot and killed by the police?
Sadly, we'd have to take those numbers with a grain of salt because pigs will plant evidence and good cops reflexively back them up.

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be revealing, I think.
I'd be curious to see the socioeconomic data. I'm betting it skews significantly to poor stronger than to race. But that would just show that blacks are potter poorer in general and isn't an excuse. It might show a path to fixing it by increasing resources to our poor communities.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see the socioeconomic data. I'm betting it skews significantly to poor stronger than to race. But that would just show that blacks are potter poorer in general and isn't an excuse. It might show a path to fixing it by increasing resources to our poor communities.

I'd say it's a bit of both. But yeah, I imagine that's a big part of it.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus
====================
A former Georgia deputy said he had plans to charge Black Georgians with felonies to prevent them from voting, according to court filings in the Middle District of Georgia.

Cody Griggers, 28, pleaded guilty on Monday to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm. He was fired from his position in November 2020 after FBI investigators messaged the Wilkinson County sheriff about the investigation into Griggers, the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

The FBI first became aware of Griggers from a separate federal case in California regarding an associate of his, Grey Zamudio. They started investigating Zamudio after receiving a tip about Facebook posts that said "it's up to vigilantie militia to crush the liberal terrorists." Investigators seized Zamudio's cell phone from a search warrant where they discovered that he and Griggers regularly communicated in a group text known as "Shadow Moses."

According to the filing, Griggers wrote extensively in the group about purchasing illegal weapons and explosives and "expressed viewpoints consistent with white racially motivated extremists," including positive references to the Holocaust.

In August 2019, Griggers wrote in the group that he used excessive force on a theft suspect and said the beating was "sweet stress relief."

"I beat the s--- out of a n-----t on Saturday," he wrote. "Sherrif's dept said it look like he fell."

Griggers also said he planned to charge Black Georgians with felonies to prevent them from voting, the court documents show.

"It's a sign of beautiful things to come," Griggers said. "Also I'm going to charge them with whatever felonies I can to take away their ability to vote.".............

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
More on this, maybe he was lying about the beating
=========================

......“I beat the (expletive) out of a (racial slur) Saturday. (Expletive) tried to steal (a gun magazine) from the local gun store. ... Sheriff’s dept. said it looked like he fell,” the affidavit noted, quoting Griggers.

Griggers went on to write that the beating was for him “sweet stress relief.”

“That never happened,” said Chatman, the sheriff, in an interview with The Telegraph Wednesday. “We don’t even have a gun shop here.”

Chatman, who is Black, said he concluded that Griggers’ claim was perhaps Griggers “being braggadocious.”

“I think he may have been working in the jail (at the time). ... We looked at all the cases he may have been involved in and we never had any complaints on him of any kind,” Chatman said. “We looked back and we pulled (records) of anything that he had taken a warrant for, any call that he had gone on, and we found nothing [that raised any red flags].”............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread