Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (4 Viewers)

I would think this guy is aware of the federal moratorium on evictions. That was extended until June 30. It was originally supposed to expired March 31, but was extended. There is a housing subsidy that's supposed to help people behind of rent, but little of that has been used.

Curious to see what happens when July 1 hits.

I would think this guy is aware of the federal moratorium on evictions. That was extended until June 30. It was originally supposed to expired March 31, but was extended. There is a housing subsidy that's supposed to help people behind of rent, but little of that has been used.

Curious to see what happens when July 1 hits.
With the moratorium and the subsidies set to sunset around the same time, it could get bleak

With the moratorium and the subsidies set to sunset around the same time, it could get bleak

Oh, it will. The question is how bad will it be. It's gonna be painful, but it has to happen sooner or later. I'm not really sure there's any real good way to resolve it.

Early on March 6, Juanisha C. Brooks was driving home on the Capital Beltway when she saw the flashing lights of an emergency vehicle behind her.

At first she thought it was an ambulance and she steered to the shoulder of an exit ramp to let it pass.
Brooks soon realized she was being pulled over, drove from the ramp to the first side street and stopped.

There, Brooks repeatedly asked Virginia State Police Trooper Robert G. Hindenlang why he had pulled her over, and Hindenlang repeatedly refused to say, dashboard-camera video from the trooper’s car shows.

He did not tell her he had noticed her taillights were out as she drove. Instead, he told Brooks that if she would step outside, he would show her why she had been stopped.

Brooks told the trooper she didn’t want to get out.
Hindenlang then unlocked Brooks’s door and dragged her out of the car, while Brooks loudly pleaded with him to stop, the video shows. The trooper spun her against the car and handcuffed her.

When Brooks refused to take a sobriety test, after telling the trooper she had had one drink, Hindenlang told her, “You’re under arrest for driving under the influence.”

“Why were your eyes so watery when I pulled up?” Hindenlang asked her.
“Why were my eyes watering?” Brooks answered the trooper. “Because people are being shot by the police, I’m freaking nervous.”

At the Fairfax County jail, Brooks and her attorney said, she twice took a breathalyzer test. The results: a 0.0 blood alcohol level.

So Hindenlang charged her with resisting arrest, eluding police, failing to have headlights on and reckless driving.........

Just after midnight on Halloween, a blaring car alarm and a loud banging sound startled Mirella Castaneda and woke her young son.

A man stood in her driveway in Forest Grove, Ore., slamming his fist into the Black Lives Matter flag draped over the metal garage door as the security alarm on the family’s pickup truck continued to beep.

Castaneda immediately called 911 — but when police showed up, they recognized the man as an off-duty officer named Steven Teets.

Instead of arresting Teets, though, one of the responding officers simply drove him home.

Now, Teets and that officer, Bradley Schuetz, face criminal charges in the incident that Castaneda’s attorney says “terrorized” her family.

A grand jury has indicted Schuetz for official misconduct after an outside investigation by the Beaverton Police Department, the agency said in a statement Friday. Teets was arrested and charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct last year. A second responding officer, Amber Daniels, will not face charges, officials said.............

Just after midnight on Halloween, a blaring car alarm and a loud banging sound startled Mirella Castaneda and woke her young son.

A man stood in her driveway in Forest Grove, Ore., slamming his fist into the Black Lives Matter flag draped over the metal garage door as the security alarm on the family’s pickup truck continued to beep.

Castaneda immediately called 911 — but when police showed up, they recognized the man as an off-duty officer named Steven Teets.

Instead of arresting Teets, though, one of the responding officers simply drove him home.

Now, Teets and that officer, Bradley Schuetz, face criminal charges in the incident that Castaneda’s attorney says “terrorized” her family.

A grand jury has indicted Schuetz for official misconduct after an outside investigation by the Beaverton Police Department, the agency said in a statement Friday. Teets was arrested and charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct last year. A second responding officer, Amber Daniels, will not face charges, officials said.............

That's the brotherhood. Take care of your fellow officer 1st..

as long as someone is convicted , it doesn't really matter who, i guess...
Tampered with evidence that resulted in the innocent person doing 10 years (another doing 7), and all he gets is one year. Pathetic...

Now some people who are actually guilty of crimes will be released because of this idiot.

Tampered with evidence that resulted in the innocent person doing 10 years (another doing 7), and all he gets is one year. Pathetic...

Now some people who are actually guilty of crimes will be released because of this idiot.
That idiot should get the same number of years the innocent person was supposed to get.

How is that even possible? One year?!

Not that it's worth much but I remember reading ages ago that when cops do tamper with evidence for the most part they aren't (or at least believe they are not) doing it to frame an innocent person but instead doing it to nail a guilty one and makes sure he doesn't get off due to lack of evidence or a technicality

Last January, New York police officer Robert Smith was about two months away from retiring.

But before he left the department, federal prosecutors said, he was set on recruiting another colleague to take over a year-longs bribery scheme he ran with the help of Officer Robert Hassett.

Smith and Hassett took thousands in cash from a tow truck company, according to court records, in exchange for sending victims of car accidents to the firm. Around the time he retired, Smith enlisted Officer Heather Busch, another of his colleagues from the Queens precinct, to take part of the illegal operation, the government said.............

Prosecutors argued that Smith, who pleaded not guilty, shouldn’t be released because he “poses a significant danger to the community and a flight risk.” Prosecutors also told U.S. Magistrate Judge Cheryl L. Pollack that there was additional evidence that Smith had participated in “shakes,” or robberies, as an NYPD officer.

At one time while still on the force, prosecutors said, Smith texted: “Bro I robbed everyone,” referencing individuals and businesses he tricked as part of the bribery scheme. In another message after he had retired, Smith allegedly texted a person and said he would brandish his gun in front of Black individuals just to see their reaction.

“Bro I point my gun out the window now at n------ and watch their reaction and drive away,” Smith wrote. “Hilarious.”

Other times, Smith, prosecutors said, called himself “the perp that got away” who would have been “locked up so many times” were he not a police officer. After he retired, Smith wrote he had shaved his head like the Ku Klux Klan.

“Now the real Smith will shine. I even shaved my head. Klan,” he wrote.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom