Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (6 Viewers)

Not that it's worth much but I remember reading ages ago that when cops do tamper with evidence for the most part they aren't (or at least believe they are not) doing it to frame an innocent person but instead doing it to nail a guilty one and makes sure he doesn't get off due to lack of evidence or a technicality
Well now that sounds like a totally unbiased report of the facts to me.

I believe he was talking about black people telling others of police threatening them in that manner and not being believed.

Kind of like how you are incredulous that it was said before and require an example to believe it.
I thought he was talking about this forum and I didn't remember anyone saying anything like that, so I was wanting to see examples of it "probably" happening here. I have no doubt it's happened in actual cases. I just misunderstood that he was speaking in general.

I thought he was talking about this forum and I didn't remember anyone saying anything like that, so I was wanting to see examples of it "probably" happening here. I have no doubt it's happened in actual cases. I just misunderstood that he was speaking in general.
no, I was referring to the specific case of the officer who was pointing his gun at black people for fun and how others probably didn't believe them.

no, I was referring to the specific case of the officer who was pointing his gun at black people for fun and how others probably didn't believe them.

Honestly, I would have had a hard time believing it not so long ago. But the more stories I hear and the more cases of mischief among some LEOs, the more believable these type of things are becoming. So much so that I'm to the point of not being surprised anymore. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Honestly, I would have had a hard time believing it not so long ago. But the more stories I hear and the more cases of mischief among some LEOs, the more believable these type of things are becoming. So much so that I'm to the point of not being surprised anymore. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
I'm honestly surprised that you'd have a hard time believing something like that. Some cops have used intimidation since cops became a thing. I've never had a gun pulled on me, but I've certainly been threatened on more than one occasion.

I'm honestly surprised that you'd have a hard time believing something like that. Some cops have used intimidation since cops became a thing. I've never had a gun pulled on me, but I've certainly been threatened on more than one occasion.
Sure, but I never experienced that myself, so I wasn't really aware of all that for a long time. Like I said, I'm no longer surprised it happens. Some people suck, including some cops.

Dave obviously can speak for himself, but my take on his journey is that when he was preaching he actually tried hard to preach jesus's message and he tired to see the good in everyone and 'judged not' and turned his cheek and all of that
even now he seeks a middle path and has an instinct to 'both sides' an argument - BUT he listens to arguments and reads stats and will check himself when the evidence does not support his instinctive position
actually he's probably one of the best if not the best poster about abandoning his position if a better one presents itself

Thanks for sharing. The bolded part seems to be where the experience differs between White and Black Americans. I think your post speaks volumes in a very subtle way. We all seem to know that intimidation practices on the public they are sworn to protect is part of LEO DNA. The reason some Americans are still having trouble understanding that police use excess force when dealing with Black people is hidden in your statement. "Cops are bad, but they've never threaten me with deadly force, in my experience they aren't that bad". For a segment of the population, they are that bad. This difference in policing shouldn't exist but it does.

Thanks for sharing. The bolded part seems to be where the experience differs between White and Black Americans. I think your post speaks volumes in a very subtle way. We all seem to know that intimidation practices on the public they are sworn to protect is part of LEO DNA. The reason some Americans are still having trouble understanding that police use excess force when dealing with Black people is hidden in your statement. "Cops are bad, but they've never threaten me with deadly force, in my experience they aren't that bad". For a segment of the population, they are that bad. This difference in policing shouldn't exist but it does.
Yet, I know white people who have been threatened in that manner. A good friend of mine was cuffed, thrown face first into the hood of his car and had a gun put to the back of his head when he smarted off to a cop who was giving him a field sobriety test. My friend had been drinking, but he passed the test easily and it obviously P'Oed off the cop, which my friend was a bit too amused by. My friend ended up getting off because there was no denying the gash on his nose and busted up mouth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom