Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (10 Viewers)

SWJJ

Toxic Optimist
Reaction score
The kid was not even the one buying the pot. He gave someone else a ride. Of course the cop was just protecting himself. The hardened criminal was driving right at him, at least such was the police officers position. However the official autopsy has been released and it [apparently] shows he was shot from behind and that there is no way the car could have been moving.

multiple links for the story:

Local

Huffington

This link Say the cop did not include the shooting in his initial report.

Hard to use self defense of a moving car if the victim was shot in the back and potentially the car wasn't even moving.

Dash cam, but not released.

"I believe the national attention would have been quicker responding (if Zachary was black)," Hammond said. "I think all young lives matter, not just black or white. An unarmed teenager, it should matter just as much."

What to make of this quote from the Father?

If I remember correctly, in both the Martin (which wasn't an officer involved shooting) and the Brown case, it took some time before the national media actually picked it up and cared.

Now that it's become a hot topic, they're much quicker to report on cops killing unarmed black kids, but that's still not always the case. And it still usually takes a couple of weeks.

In any case, 16 days isn't that long between the incident and it getting national coverage. It seems like a claim of false reverse discrimination. Why even focus on that right now?

On the actual incident, why are cops even setting up stings for Marijuana bust of individual buyers? Not only is it stupid, but it's a waste of resources. If the kid was shot in the back, this cop should go to jail. Absolutely no justification for that. Even less so to bust some kids buying weed.

Yes, and then what? Specifically, what to address the police culture that fosters this stuff happening over and over again?

And then he is held accountable like any other individual would be. You can call it "being made an example of" if that helps. This would emphasize to other officers that lies and deception are not acceptable.

If I remember correctly, in both the Martin (which wasn't an officer involved shooting) and the Brown case, it took some time before the national media actually picked it up and cared.

Now that it's become a hot topic, they're much quicker to report on cops killing unarmed black kids, but that's still not always the case. It it still usually takes a couple of weeks

In any case, 16 days isn't that long between the incident and it getting national coverage. It seems like a claim of false reverse discrimination. Why even focus on that right now?

On the actual incident, why are cops even setting up stings for Marijuana bust of individual buyers? Not only is it stupid, but it's a waste of resources. If the kid was shot in the back, this cop should go to jail. Absolutely no justification for that. Even less so to bust some kids buying weed.

You are correct on all points. Setting up a marijuana sting, really. I'd rather be on traffic detail.

Now that it's become a hot topic, they're much quicker to report on cops killing unarmed black kids, but that's still not always the case. It it still usually takes a couple of weeks

Thats the tone of a frustrated, grieving father who senselessly lost his young son days ago. He is just seeking answers and finding none and is simply overcome with emotion. The world should scream with him and he does not understand why they are not.

I scream with him.

This is unacceptable.

Totally agree about wasted resources.

Apparently there is video that shows what happened but the police will not release them. An eyewitness has come forward and stated they saw the police plant something on the body.

SLED declines to release video amid new allegations in Seneca police shooting - Post and Courier

Speculation, but that would jive with other stories of police looking after their own. Other officer(s) plants incriminating evidence and refuse to release tape?

A top down investigation needs to be done yesterday on ALL police departments and procedure on this country. The problem is it would be done by the federal government, which plays right into the hands of their never ending power grab. A power grab that was initially necessitated by state and local departments greed to get federal funds and new, destructive toys...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom