Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (5 Viewers)

San Antonio Police shoot and kill man armed with a knife with arms up in the air

In full disclosure he had allegedly assaulted a woman, he resisted arrest, police state they tried to use tasers first. The bit of video clearly shows the officers were not in imminent danger. Despite the build up, you can not excuse the police for shooting a man holding his hand up as if to surrender IMHO. The news station freezes the video at the moment the cops shoot:

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Fatal deputy-involved shooting

video is in link.

Im eager to hear the LEOs position on this shoot because the guy absolutely was resisting, and nonlethal means had proven unsuccessful, however the officer's lives were clearly not in danger. In your department would this be considered a good shoot?

That video doesn't show anything. Read the comments on KSAT 12'S site. It's just the media trying to fuel propaganda.

Where do I click on their page to find the comments you are referring?

The video is on FB. It stops before the guy is shot.

The news said the shots are fired at the moment the video freezes. So for the sake of discourse lets assume that is correct. Can we agree the the video shows the man has his hands raised above his head? If this is how it went, is this a bad shoot? Is it justified if the man with his hands raised is threatening to kill the police officer?

The news said the shots are fired at the moment the video freezes. So for the sake of discourse lets assume that is correct. Can we agree the the video shows the man has his hands raised above his head? If this is how it went, is this a bad shoot? Is it justified if the man with his hands raised is threatening to kill the police officer?

It's not correct, I saw the video. Unfortunately JJ assumption is a luxury the police do not have.

Is there a copy of the video on the net that's not frozen that you saw? Or did you only see the video that stops before the shots are fired?

Swjj you seriously need a new hobby. These threads are getting tired and you don't bother to check all of the facts.

You are the Swimmer of the EE board. Geez.

Please cite an example of where I made any assumptions without bothering to check all of the facts. Primarily the stuff I start a thread on has video, or at the very least contradictory eye witness testimony. This happened yesterday. Given the current climate of police relations its a very pertinent topic. Is it not worth discussion to you when police end someone life?

It's not correct, I saw the video. Unfortunately JJ assumption is a luxury the police do not have.

Ive watched the video several times. What are you saying is incorrect? Are you saying the man did not raise his hands above his head? Exactly what assumptions are you referring to?

That video doesn't show anything. Read the comments on KSAT 12'S site. It's just the media trying to fuel propaganda.

I dont understand this statement at all. They made a decision to not show the actual shooting. How is it fueling propaganda. I read the comments on FB and its like all FB comments, a bunch of drivel. I dont understand what I was supposed to take away from reading all of the comments? Primarily people are mad that they did not show the shooting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom