Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (9 Viewers)

If the reason for declining charges is simply for lack of a clear video...that's a chicken sheet move.

CBS News: Minneapolis police shoot and kill man during traffic stop.
Not sure this belongs here. If there was an exchange of gunfire and witnesses saying the police fired after being fired upon, then that's totally legit. The only question is if the civilian fired first out of fear because of the history of the dept. I think that would be a shame, but certainly not justification for firing at police.

Not sure this belongs here. If there was an exchange of gunfire and witnesses saying the police fired after being fired upon, then that's totally legit. The only question is if the civilian fired first out of fear because of the history of the dept. I think that would be a shame, but certainly not justification for firing at police.

He was just following status quo with posting a police shooting.

I put it here because the title says "police shootings."

I'm withholding judgment until the body camera footage is released.

And if there are no body cameras, I'm giving the victim the benefit of the doubt.

If there's multiple witnesses saying the deceased fired first, I'm not very concerned about the body cam footage. That said, I got the impression from the article there's no abnormalities about the body cams. I guess we'll find out.

Article about shooting ten years ago

Cop found not guilty of course
========================

.........At the time, a Bellaire officer named John Edwards was patrolling, and after witnessing Tolan quickly pull around a corner, he followed the Xterra. He ran the license plate number: 696BGK. The problem: Edwards typed in 695BGK. That number, off by a digit, returned a stolen vehicle of the same make and color, court records show.

Edwards emerged from his patrol car and drew his gun. He accused Tolan and Cooper of stealing the car.

“That’s not true,” Cooper said, according to court records.

“That’s my car,” Tolan said. “This is my house.”

Tolan said he offered to get his ID so he could prove it. The commotion woke Tolan’s parents, who came through the front door in their pajamas.

According to court records, Bobby Tolan asked his son and nephew to follow Edwards’s request to get on the ground.

“This is my nephew,” Bobby Tolan said. “This is my son.”..........

sickening that an officer makes a mistake by typing the wrong plate # and ruins the life of a whole family and all that happens is "oh well".. the guy and his family lost everything they had, and the officer is now a LT for the Bellaire PD..
is it wrong of me to hope that days before retirement he loses all his pension, 401k and life savings and has to live on the streets?

Guess I'll put this here

Police weren't involved but the easily could have been
==========================================
On December 26, Grammy-winning jazz trumpeter Keyon Harrold and his 14-year-old son were on their way to brunch at the Arlo, a boutique hotel in Manhattan’s Soho neighborhood, when they were intercepted by an agitated woman in the lobby. The confrontation, which Harrold recorded on his phone and later shared across social media platforms, was ugly.

In the video, the woman accosts Harrold and Keyon Harrold Jr., who are both Black, accusing the latter of stealing her iPhone. She then furiously demands that the hotel manager help her — and to Harrold’s further disbelief, the manager complies, asking Harrold Jr. to hand over his phone. The video cuts out as Harrold and his son attempt to leave the scene, after which the woman tackled the teen, as captured by surveillance footage. The hotel later informed Harrold that the woman found her phone soon after the confrontation.

Since Harrold shared the footage, it has gone viral, drawing comparisons to the notorious confrontation between Amy Cooper and a Black birder in Central Park this past summer. The video has also sparked two separate investigations: one by the New York Police Department and another by the Manhattan district attorney’s office. According to the New York Post, NYPD sources have identified the woman — who has been dubbed “Soho Karen” — as the 22-year-old Miya Ponsetto. Here’s what we know so far..............

A Woman Falsely Accused a Black Teenager of Stealing Her Phone (msn.com)

Need to have confirmation on the video showing the time of restraint, but dang once the cuffs are on why would you need to sit on a suspect? Can any LEO explain that to me?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom