Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (7 Viewers)

maybe someone can explain how he was supposed to put his hands out the window AND open the door at the same time? I feel like that's one of those.commands they use so they can shoot first.then say we thought he was reaching for a weapon. if his hands are out of the window and he reached back in to open the door, he's dead...
That's why only one officer should be giving commands. The second should be in an overwatch/backup role. Same thing happened to that kid that was gunned down in the Arizona hotel hallway. Conflicting orders. When I used to train officers and military police on traffic stops, I emphasized the importance of only one officer speaking.

Castro is 100% correct. It also shows that the uniform doesn't mean sheet if someone that looks like LT Nazario is wearing it and that's from personal experience.

The Army second lieutenant slowed down on U.S. Route 460, flipped on his turn signal, and looked for a lighted place to pull over because it was dark outside, according to a lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Norfolk.

Less than a mile away, Nazario saw a BP gas station. He drove his Chevrolet Tahoe into the parking area and stopped, the lawsuit said.

In the meantime, Windsor Police Officer Daniel Crocker radioed he was attempting to pull over a vehicle with no rear license plate and tinted windows. He said the driver was “eluding police” and he considered it a “high-risk traffic stop,” according to a report he submitted afterward and was included in the court filing. The written report acknowledged, however, that the SUV was traveling at a low rate of speed.

Imagine what would have happened to Lt Nazario had he not have the clairvoyance to pull into a well lit gas station.

I saw the full video a few days ago.

I heard the one guy on the radio say it was a felony traffic stop (after they had lit him up & started following him). IF he in fact did not have his temporary plate displayed and illegal level of tinted windows - I can't remember where I saw/read that but supposedly that's why the cops were pulling him over to begin with - and he did not comply with orders - which he didn't because he was just trying to figure out why he was being pulled over in the first place - these cops are not going to be found in the wrong. Those are classic signs of stolen cars and usually warrant felony traffic stops.

I know some of y'all aren't going to like hearing that but his police dept is not going to find these officers of any wrongdoing.

That being said, I don't know what level of nuance police officers are allowed to apply to situations. So, you think it's a felony stop, you get to a well lit place, the guy has his hands up in plain sight and instead of going crazy is really asking what he's being stopped for & trying to figure out what to do when illogical orders are being shouted at him (keep your hands up ...but open the door and exit..like huh?) and wearing military uniform, it should be apparent that you can de-escalate the situation but given that you've already pulled him over on a felony stop, are you obligated to continue with felony traffic stop protocol? At what point do police officers have an obligation to tell you why you're being pulled over?

How are we(the general public) supposed to know all the rules?

Castro is 100% correct. It also shows that the uniform doesn't mean sheet if someone that looks like LT Nazario is wearing it and that's from personal experience.

Imagine what would have happened to Lt Nazario had he not have the clairvoyance to pull into a well lit gas station.
Were you overseas?
I’m curious if this happens in Iraq or s. Korea or Israel, does the Army step in or not say anything?

I think they will.probably be fired, not necessarily for pulling him over and what happened, but because of their own admission of over over reacting to the situation and basically threatening his job if he filed a complaint.. Threatening his job if he.filed a complaint should be enough to fire them, IMO.
It's situations like this why people do not trust police officers. and as long as they let it continue to happen with little or consequence to the officers, it'll just get worse because now there is video of this kind of crap.and it is still being ignored

Last edited:
IF he in fact did not have his temporary plate displayed and illegal level of tinted windows - I can't remember where I saw/read that but supposedly that's why the cops were pulling him over to begin with
From the posted article:

"And while Crocker had radioed he was pulling the vehicle over for not having a license plate, his body cam showed there was a cardboard license plate typically used on new cars posted in the rear window, the complaint says."

From the posted article:

"And while Crocker had radioed he was pulling the vehicle over for not having a license plate, his body cam showed there was a cardboard license plate typically used on new cars posted in the rear window, the complaint says."
Okay. I didn’t read the article.

Then it wasn’t a felony stop and the whole thing was unnecessary and they should face consequences. I mean it was unnecessary anyway. That’s why I was asking what the protocol is if you realize “oh wait, I thought this was gonna be a stolen car but I misread the situation and we can all stand down now”.

I am not saying I agree with that but if that’s their protocol then unlikely their dept would find them at fault.

you could even tell the younger guy was trying to be cool and not aggressive like his partner until the old bald guy kept insisting. And this is why the bad cops get away with stuff ... the young guy recognized they misread the situation and was trying to chill but the bald one was losing his shirt and the other one, instead of telling him to knock it off, retreated and let the bald guy go crazy. May have something to do with rank or just being spineless but whatever.

The other thing that really stood out to me was him saying “I’m scared” and the bald cop saying “you should be” .... “to protect and serve” .... unless you’re black.

Okay. I didn’t read the article.

Then it wasn’t a felony stop and the whole thing was unnecessary and they should face consequences. I mean it was unnecessary anyway. That’s why I was asking what the protocol is if you realize “oh wait, I thought this was gonna be a stolen car but I misread the situation and we can all stand down now”.

I am not saying I agree with that but if that’s their protocol then unlikely their dept would find them at fault.

you could even tell the younger guy was trying to be cool and not aggressive like his partner until the old bald guy kept insisting. And this is why the bad cops get away with stuff ... the young guy recognized they misread the situation and was trying to chill but the bald one was losing his shirt and the other one, instead of telling him to knock it off, retreated and let the bald guy go crazy. May have something to do with rank or just being spineless but whatever.

The other thing that really stood out to me was him saying “I’m scared” and the bald cop saying “you should be” .... “to protect and serve” .... unless you’re black.

Yeah, we hear the word de-escelation thrown around a lot, but this was a good example of an idiot cop doing the opposite.

Were you overseas?
I’m curious if this happens in Iraq or s. Korea or Israel, does the Army step in or not say anything?
Nah, while I was stationed in North Carolina I had been flipped off several times while in uniform and had my boots spat at by another "American". The spitting thing also happen to me at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2007 by a member of NASCAR's #78 race team while we were visiting the garage area during a practice session, that was the last time I ever went to or watched anything regarding NASCAR.

I was quite disillusioned towards the end of my career, but there was this one old lady in NC that did restore just a little of hope to me. She literally stopped me as I was leaving a grocery store and said "I know this has become a cliché, but thank you for your service and I truly mean it...Thank You". She had no idea what that meant to me to hear those words from an old white lady!

I had been stationed overseas throughout my career and had been stationed At Nellis AFB NV, Cannon AFB NM, and Shady J AFB, NC (cannot spell out its real name, cause I know my audience) and, by far, NC was the worst.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom