Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (3 Viewers)

Police have shown the body-worn camera footage of the shooting of Andrew Brown to his family in Elizabeth City, NC.

These officers are horrible humans beings and should be treated as such. From the initial confrontation to all this, they are trash. All over a bottle of detergent of a woman with dementia.

The Lowes by my house, people are always stealing stuff from there. Lowes makes no attempt to stop them once they reach the door. They will call the police, report it and give them the video.
Now i know why. Yes, trash stealing stuff is terrible, but Lowes probably is saving lives by doing that. Stealing shouldn't be a death sentence...
In most circumstances, it shouldn't be a prison sentence either. Some common sense needs to be applied when it comes to stolen stuff. If it's not worth it, let it go. Floyd lost his life over a fake $20 bill. If someone tries to pass you a fake $20 bill, just give it back to him and tell him you don't accept it. It's not that hard. If someone steals a bag of chips and a candy bar, don't call the cops. Maybe try talking the person stealing. Offer to buy it for them. I've actually done that before. I was out $2 and the kid got a bag of chips. No big deal.

In most circumstances, it shouldn't be a prison sentence either. Some common sense needs to be applied when it comes to stolen stuff. If it's not worth it, let it go. Floyd lost his life over a fake $20 bill. If someone tries to pass you a fake $20 bill, just give it back to him and tell him you don't accept it. It's not that hard. If someone steals a bag of chips and a candy bar, don't call the cops. Maybe try talking the person stealing. Offer to buy it for them. I've actually done that before. I was out $2 and the kid got a bag of chips. No big deal.
Even worse is that she did try to pay and they still refused. So when the police stopped her on the side of the road, she didn’t even have any stolen property on her. WalMart recovered it before she even left the premises. They dislocated her shoulder and wrestled her to the ground and all of that over $13 worth of stuff she didn’t even leave the premises with 🤬🤬 then proceeded to talk about her for a great deal of time like some waste of human life. I swear... this has me heated.

One thing I wonder - and in no way am I suggesting this excuses the officers actions; it doesn’t - but I wonder why the hell the family, knowing she has dementia and forgets things and what not, is letting her live unsupervised?!

Once my grandma realized my grandpa had Alzheimer’s and was doing weird stuff (checking the neighbor’s mailbox instead of their own, trying to go out at all hours of the night at 86 years old) he was no longer left unsupervised.

When my aunt’s dad got dementia, he would drive off in his car to no place in particular and forget how to get home. They had to take his keys and sell his car & move him in with my aunt’s sister who was retired & could keep an eye on him.

Losing your faculties is serious stuff and can be dangerous. Of course the police shouldn’t be the ones you’re in danger from but man her family knew she had dementia and didn’t have her supervised?!

Ive said this before on this board. I sold a laptop on LetGo app, Like a dummy i took a $100 bill. I put it in my wallet, it was there for about a month. I was at McD and i decided to break it there. The Manager told me It was fake. (the McD was connected to a gas staion), I took it to the gas station part to see if they had one of those makers, and sure enough it was fake. The manager at McD said its ok, i've seen you in here before. I paid for my food with my card and walked right on out. If they would have called the police on me, I have no doubt i would have went to jail over something that i had ZERO knowledge of, because i guarantee the cops would have not given 2 craps about how i got it..
Edit: I tore it in half and got rid of it...

Last edited:
Sad.
Killing a weeks old puppy, regardless of the breed, is inexcusable. You can kick it across the property if it's "vicious" or attacks (highly unlikely for a puppy that young) without killing it. If a citizen shot and killed a puppy that young, they'd likely be charged.

That was disgusting. This is exactly the kind of power trip many of these a holes are on. You can tell that the female officer is somewhat conflicted yet still goes along with the bullshirt. Shame on her.

when you are a hammer, everything is a nail...

To be frank, it will take a majority of White Americans to care enough. And it is my solemn, sincere belief that not enough White Americans have been educated about this country's historical legacy of policing, its direct ties to racial animus and generally about race itself. Too many are "trapped in a history they don't understand" and without understanding there can be no empathy and this won't change without an overwhelming sense of empathy.

Article I came across about this
=============

.......White people, these killings are cruel and urgent reminders that we must sprint, not walk, to dismantle white supremacy. Black lives are an inexcusable price to pay for our unwillingness to act.

If you're a white person who considers yourself anti-racist and you don't think this applies to you—it does. The truth is, too many white people "doing the work" continue to treat the bare minimum of anti-racism work like it's the most.

We treat it like a checklist that we get to pat ourselves on the back for. Post a black square? Check. Read an anti-racism book? Check. Join the diversity committee at your workplace? Check. March in a protest? Check. Stand up to your racist aunt? Check.

But a checklist won't dismantle white supremacy. We need to deeply embed anti-racism into our identity, our purpose and every facet of our life. This work requires our full-throttle empathy and total commitment to dismantling an archaic, dangerous white supremacist system. And if we can't even muster empathy and the energy to do the bare minimum, then we should at least be informed on how white supremacy hurts white people too....

If being actively anti-racist and setting boundaries feels risky to you as a white person, maybe it is. Maybe you risk irreparable rifts in your relationships, repercussions at your job, awkward family gatherings, or being labeled as "so serious all the time." But when Black people's biggest risk is their lives, our low-stakes risks don't get any priority.

Our proximity to white people who may never hear anything about anti-racism elsewhere is where it is most important we speak up. It is our responsibility to be intentional, consistent and loud.........

Article I came across about this
=============

.......White people, these killings are cruel and urgent reminders that we must sprint, not walk, to dismantle white supremacy. Black lives are an inexcusable price to pay for our unwillingness to act.

If you're a white person who considers yourself anti-racist and you don't think this applies to you—it does. The truth is, too many white people "doing the work" continue to treat the bare minimum of anti-racism work like it's the most.

We treat it like a checklist that we get to pat ourselves on the back for. Post a black square? Check. Read an anti-racism book? Check. Join the diversity committee at your workplace? Check. March in a protest? Check. Stand up to your racist aunt? Check.

But a checklist won't dismantle white supremacy. We need to deeply embed anti-racism into our identity, our purpose and every facet of our life. This work requires our full-throttle empathy and total commitment to dismantling an archaic, dangerous white supremacist system. And if we can't even muster empathy and the energy to do the bare minimum, then we should at least be informed on how white supremacy hurts white people too....

If being actively anti-racist and setting boundaries feels risky to you as a white person, maybe it is. Maybe you risk irreparable rifts in your relationships, repercussions at your job, awkward family gatherings, or being labeled as "so serious all the time." But when Black people's biggest risk is their lives, our low-stakes risks don't get any priority.

Our proximity to white people who may never hear anything about anti-racism elsewhere is where it is most important we speak up. It is our responsibility to be intentional, consistent and loud.........

Among the many stupid things about this holding onto racist systems is that dismantling them would most likely be a net positive for the economy - by a LOT

i don't even know what to say to this

The Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police canceled an event with controversial police trainer Dave Grossman after video resurfaced of him telling a group of cops that killing people can lead to having great sex.

Grossman, director of the "Killology Research Group," made the comment in 2015 as part of a training session filmed for the 2016 police militarization documentary "Do Not Resist."

As part of the training session, Grossman said that cops have "the best sex" after a gun fight where the "bad guy's down."

"Both partners are very invested in some very intense sex," he said in the course. "There's not a whole lot of perks that come with this job. You find one, relax and enjoy it."...........

i don't even know what to say to this

The Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police canceled an event with controversial police trainer Dave Grossman after video resurfaced of him telling a group of cops that killing people can lead to having great sex.

Grossman, director of the "Killology Research Group," made the comment in 2015 as part of a training session filmed for the 2016 police militarization documentary "Do Not Resist."

As part of the training session, Grossman said that cops have "the best sex" after a gun fight where the "bad guy's down."

"Both partners are very invested in some very intense sex," he said in the course. "There's not a whole lot of perks that come with this job. You find one, relax and enjoy it."...........

i wonder what the sex is like after beating the snot out of a hate monger?
i'm not interested in finding out, but i imagine others might be cool to find out

Slightly off-topic (or is it?) but further to my earlier post about growing up in the Parish. Haven't been back there in awhile, and I'm sure there are thousands there who are disgusted by this comment, but this type of guy still gets elected there. At least Lakeview has advanced from David Duke to someone who will at least challenge this type of attitude.

GOP state Rep. Ray Garofalo of Louisiana on Tuesday said that public schools and colleges should teach the "good" of slavery during discussions about race, as part of a bill that he proposed that would bar "divisive concepts" from classrooms.

Garofalo, who chairs the House Education Committee, said during a hearing on the bill, also known as HB 564, that his legislation sought to remove "politics out of the classroom" and cultivate "a learning environment free of discrimination."

When Garofalo began to explain how slavery could be taught in the classroom, his comments elicited derision.

"If you're having a discussion on slavery, then you can talk about everything dealing with slavery, the good, the bad, the ugly," he said.

His suggestion was immediately dismissed by fellow GOP state Rep. Stephanie Hilferty.

"There's no good to slavery, though," she said.

and the hits just keep on coming. Literally
=============================

Two New Jersey police officers are facing civil rights and obstruction of justice charges for allegedly assaulting an Arab American teenager and then lying about it on a police report, according to the New Jersey US Attorney's Office.

Paterson Police Officers Kevin Patino and Kendry Tineo-Restituyo appeared before Magistrate Judge Andre Espinosa on Tuesday to face charges that they allegedly deprived Osamah Alsaidi, then 19, of his constitutional right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures and then lied about the incident on a police report, court documents state. The December 2020 incident was captured on surveillance video and prompted an investigation by the New Jersey Attorney General's Office in February.......

Alsaidi, who was on his way to his 1 a.m. shift at Amazon, sustained multiple physical injuries as a result, including head trauma, a concussion and multiple cuts and bruises, as well as anxiety, stress and depression, Navas said at the time.

Prosecutors allege in court documents that both Patino and Tineo-Restituyo approached Alsaidi, who was walking with his hands in his pockets, and grabbed hold of him, punched him multiple times, threw him to the ground, and continued to assault him while he was on the ground. The officers had been responding to a call of a "suspicious person," according to a criminal complaint.

Patino and Tineo-Restituyo also stand accused of making numerous false statements in a police report about the incident.

"For instance, the police report falsely stated that the victim had walked towards the officers 'screaming profanities' and 'acting belligerent' and that the victim had struck Patino with a closed fist in the chest. None of this was true," a press release from the New Jersey US Attorney's Office states.....

If convicted, Patino and Tineo-Restituyo each face a maximum of 10 years in prison for the civil rights violation charge, a maximum of 20 years in prison for the falsification of a record charge, and a maximum fine of $250,000 for each charge, according to the US Attorney's office.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom