Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (4 Viewers)

Can you post the UNARMED people shot and killed by the police?
Sadly, we'd have to take those numbers with a grain of salt because pigs will plant evidence and good cops reflexively back them up.

Yeah, that would be revealing, I think.
I'd be curious to see the socioeconomic data. I'm betting it skews significantly to poor stronger than to race. But that would just show that blacks are potter poorer in general and isn't an excuse. It might show a path to fixing it by increasing resources to our poor communities.

I'd be curious to see the socioeconomic data. I'm betting it skews significantly to poor stronger than to race. But that would just show that blacks are potter poorer in general and isn't an excuse. It might show a path to fixing it by increasing resources to our poor communities.

I'd say it's a bit of both. But yeah, I imagine that's a big part of it.

Jesus
====================
A former Georgia deputy said he had plans to charge Black Georgians with felonies to prevent them from voting, according to court filings in the Middle District of Georgia.

Cody Griggers, 28, pleaded guilty on Monday to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm. He was fired from his position in November 2020 after FBI investigators messaged the Wilkinson County sheriff about the investigation into Griggers, the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

The FBI first became aware of Griggers from a separate federal case in California regarding an associate of his, Grey Zamudio. They started investigating Zamudio after receiving a tip about Facebook posts that said "it's up to vigilantie militia to crush the liberal terrorists." Investigators seized Zamudio's cell phone from a search warrant where they discovered that he and Griggers regularly communicated in a group text known as "Shadow Moses."

According to the filing, Griggers wrote extensively in the group about purchasing illegal weapons and explosives and "expressed viewpoints consistent with white racially motivated extremists," including positive references to the Holocaust.

In August 2019, Griggers wrote in the group that he used excessive force on a theft suspect and said the beating was "sweet stress relief."

"I beat the s--- out of a n-----t on Saturday," he wrote. "Sherrif's dept said it look like he fell."

Griggers also said he planned to charge Black Georgians with felonies to prevent them from voting, the court documents show.

"It's a sign of beautiful things to come," Griggers said. "Also I'm going to charge them with whatever felonies I can to take away their ability to vote.".............

More on this, maybe he was lying about the beating
=========================

......“I beat the (expletive) out of a (racial slur) Saturday. (Expletive) tried to steal (a gun magazine) from the local gun store. ... Sheriff’s dept. said it looked like he fell,” the affidavit noted, quoting Griggers.

Griggers went on to write that the beating was for him “sweet stress relief.”

“That never happened,” said Chatman, the sheriff, in an interview with The Telegraph Wednesday. “We don’t even have a gun shop here.”

Chatman, who is Black, said he concluded that Griggers’ claim was perhaps Griggers “being braggadocious.”

“I think he may have been working in the jail (at the time). ... We looked at all the cases he may have been involved in and we never had any complaints on him of any kind,” Chatman said. “We looked back and we pulled (records) of anything that he had taken a warrant for, any call that he had gone on, and we found nothing [that raised any red flags].”............

I would believe that to be true. I'd also like to see how many are actively/violently resisting arrest, or reaching for the weapon on the policeman's side.

Jesus
====================
A former Georgia deputy said he had plans to charge Black Georgians with felonies to prevent them from voting, according to court filings in the Middle District of Georgia.

Cody Griggers, 28, pleaded guilty on Monday to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm. He was fired from his position in November 2020 after FBI investigators messaged the Wilkinson County sheriff about the investigation into Griggers, the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

The FBI first became aware of Griggers from a separate federal case in California regarding an associate of his, Grey Zamudio. They started investigating Zamudio after receiving a tip about Facebook posts that said "it's up to vigilantie militia to crush the liberal terrorists." Investigators seized Zamudio's cell phone from a search warrant where they discovered that he and Griggers regularly communicated in a group text known as "Shadow Moses."

According to the filing, Griggers wrote extensively in the group about purchasing illegal weapons and explosives and "expressed viewpoints consistent with white racially motivated extremists," including positive references to the Holocaust.

In August 2019, Griggers wrote in the group that he used excessive force on a theft suspect and said the beating was "sweet stress relief."

"I beat the s--- out of a n-----t on Saturday," he wrote. "Sherrif's dept said it look like he fell."

Griggers also said he planned to charge Black Georgians with felonies to prevent them from voting, the court documents show.

"It's a sign of beautiful things to come," Griggers said. "Also I'm going to charge them with whatever felonies I can to take away their ability to vote.".............

Find the stupid, rile them up, point them at a target
Not a new tactic by any means, but it sure seems to have ample fodder atm

Jesus
====================

This is the kind of stuff that makes your blood boil but it's aggravated even more when you try to explain to some people that these are NOT "ISOLATED INCIDENTS" and it's FAR more prevalent than reported or believed and they scream "You're embracing a victim mentality". Christ this is frustrating.

Last edited:
More on this, maybe he was lying about the beating
=========================

......“I beat the (expletive) out of a (racial slur) Saturday. (Expletive) tried to steal (a gun magazine) from the local gun store. ... Sheriff’s dept. said it looked like he fell,” the affidavit noted, quoting Griggers.

Griggers went on to write that the beating was for him “sweet stress relief.”

“That never happened,” said Chatman, the sheriff, in an interview with The Telegraph Wednesday. “We don’t even have a gun shop here.”

Chatman, who is Black, said he concluded that Griggers’ claim was perhaps Griggers “being braggadocious.”

“I think he may have been working in the jail (at the time). ... We looked at all the cases he may have been involved in and we never had any complaints on him of any kind,” Chatman said. “We looked back and we pulled (records) of anything that he had taken a warrant for, any call that he had gone on, and we found nothing [that raised any red flags].”............

Let's take a moment to consider this.
No complaints, no run-ins with I.A.

That means Griggers was one of the 'good cops'.

This is the kind of stuff that makes your blood boil but it's aggravated even more when you try to explains to some people that these are "ISOLATED INCIDENTS" and it's FAR more prevalent than reported or believed and they scream "You're embracing a victim mentality". Christ this is frustrating.
I’m curious why we haven’t had a spate of “Star Chamber” vengeance type shows about dirty cops
With the predominant system still giving no respite/justice to victims of dirty cops, it would seem that vengeance is the only available option

The man’s windows appeared too dark.

That’s the reason D.C. police officers gave for stopping his car just before 10 p.m. on a Wednesday night.

When an officer questioned the man about the tint, he explained that he bought the car that way. He told the officer that he drove for a ride-sharing company and was trying to get home. He also handed over his license and registration.

Two other officers then approached the car and started shining flashlights through the rear windows. The man asked the officer near him whether he could have the others back away.

He told the officer that he felt unsafe.

Then he said it again. And again. And again.

The fifth time he said it came right after one of the officers knocked on his window with a stick while ordering him to open his door, and right before the officer near him reached through his window to do it for him.

“Stop! Man, no! I don’t feel safe!” the man said.

Those moments and the ones that followed are detailed in a report written by an examiner for the D.C. Office of Police Complaints. The examiner — who was tasked with determining whether one of the officers used unnecessary or excessive force when he later pulled the man’s hair — describes the facts in the report as based in part on police body-camera footage.

Right now, some of the loudest and most high-stakes conversations about local and national police restructuring are occurring in the nation’s capital. But even though that hair-pulling encounter happened in the city last year, you probably haven’t heard about it. It didn’t draw public outrage. It didn’t draw much of anything. That’s because most people don’t know it occurred.

For every viral video showing police using excessive force, there are countless trust-eroding encounters that never get seen by the public. That’s often because no one died, or no one filed a lawsuit, or no one thought to ask, because the system is designed to keep police misconduct allegations private.

When talking about police restructuring, what we’re not seeing matters as much as what we are seeing. We can’t fix what we don’t know exists.

I learned about the hair-pulling encounter while looking through findings on the website for the D.C. Office of Police Complaints (which I tend to do from time to time, to keep tabs on what’s happening in the region). In the past few years, I have read through countless complaints on the site, and I’ve shared a few with you in a previous column, but that use-of-force case stood out for two reasons.

At the core of the encounter is this: A Black man told police that he felt unsafe in their presence, and then they confirmed his fears...................

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom