Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (5 Viewers)

Because it needs to be repeated again and again and again

At least 73 law enforcement officers have been outed in the past decade for being members of white supremacist, anti-government and other extremist groups, or showing support for them, a new report from the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism concludes.

At least 40% of those officers were allowed to remain on duty, the league found. And while 42% left their positions through dismissal, early or forced retirement, and voluntary or forced resignations, at least three people went on to be hired by other law enforcement agencies, the report states.

The report builds on findings from the Plain View Project and Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting, which identified hundreds of law enforcement officers who posted racist, Islamophobic, anti-immigrant and misogynist content on Facebook. It focuses on officers who were outed as active supporters of specific extremist groups, rather than those who expressed racist or offensive views............

At least 73 law enforcement officers have been outed in the past decade for being members of white supremacist, anti-government and other extremist groups, or showing support for them, a new report from the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism concludes.

At least 40% of those officers were allowed to remain on duty, the league found. And while 42% left their positions through dismissal, early or forced retirement, and voluntary or forced resignations, at least three people went on to be hired by other law enforcement agencies, the report states.

The report builds on findings from the Plain View Project and Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting, which identified hundreds of law enforcement officers who posted racist, Islamophobic, anti-immigrant and misogynist content on Facebook. It focuses on officers who were outed as active supporters of specific extremist groups, rather than those who expressed racist or offensive views............

73...in the past decade? That seems like a stupid small number considering there are around 700k LEOs nationwide.

That's how many have been outed, doesn't included suspected and or under investigation, but lower than I would have thought too.

More shocking is 40% of them remained on the job regardless.

That's how many have been outed, doesn't included suspected and or under investigation, but lower than I would have thought too.

More shocking is 40% of them remained on the job regardless.

Well, considering the power of their unions, getting them out is easier said than done. 40% really isn't that surprising.

Cop shoots cop. Probably has language issues.

Chreesus Jist...it's gotten so we just have to assume the cops are lying all the time now.

I hope the 'good apples' in the LEO community realize what these pigs are costing them.

y'all would be forgiven if you thought this was regular ol stupidty
nope this is super-strength, extra-crispy insanity

"He shot me," Megan Montgomery told doctors, according to an investigative report obtained exclusively by NBC News. By "he," she meant her husband, a local police officer named Jason McIntosh

so the perp's a cop

has an open case against him

Police took her husband’s pistol away. Nine months later, the state’s top law enforcement agency gave it back, despite pending domestic violence charges and an active protective order. Just 16 days after that, he used the gun to shoot and kill her during another late-night dispute.

even his lawyer says this was grade-A stupidity

Even the shooter’s lawyer was shocked he got his weapon back. "In my opinion it was irrational, illogical and not prudent to do so," said attorney Tommy Spina, who emphasized he was not excusing his client’s actions. Spina said that without the firearm, "I don’t think what happened that night would have happened that night."

Interesting point
==============================

“At least American racism is in your face. You know where you stand with your hood-wearing KKK, your skinheads, your police officers,” she says. “Our police officers in England are just as racist. The difference is our police officers aren’t allowed to carry guns, hence Black people don’t die in the same numbers.”

Interesting point
==============================

“At least American racism is in your face. You know where you stand with your hood-wearing KKK, your skinheads, your police officers,” she says. “Our police officers in England are just as racist. The difference is our police officers aren’t allowed to carry guns, hence Black people don’t die in the same numbers.”

Hmmm... institutional racism backed policing without guns seems like a safer proposition to me. I also think just calling police officers racist sort of dilutes the problem. There's police officers who aren't racist participating in a system that propagates racism.

Hmmm... institutional racism backed policing without guns seems like a safer proposition to me. I also think just calling police officers racist sort of dilutes the problem. There's police officers who aren't racist participating in a system that propagates racism.
Yes, I definitely participated in the system. The system then turned around and turned on me when I called it out. The racism against me was so blatant I thought there is no way this is up for debate. Boy was I wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom