Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (17 Viewers)

When you are asserting an affirmative defense like self-defense, taking the stand makes sense. They're not just trying to poke holes in the physical evidence, the defense is based on KR's state of mind at the time.

It was definitely a risky move, but seemed to have paid off, as the prosecutor even furthered the perception that he himself is an idiot. I mean trying to blame Call of Duty? Really? Back to video games again? This should never have even gone to trial.
Wait, it already happened? I'm working, so not able to watch the trial.

Wait, it already happened? I'm working, so not able to watch the trial.

Yes. They are currently on a break right now. But the judge has already had to stop it twice due to the prosecutor bringing up things that have been explicitly told not to bring up, ie constitutional violations.

Add to that the prosecutor is actually trying to bring Kyle's Tiktok username into it, and pressing him about killing other players in Call of Duty. It's a train wreck to be sure, unless the prosecutor's actual goal is to be cast in a Marvel origin movie of Justin Hammer.

Yes. They are currently on a break right now. But the judge has already had to stop it twice due to the prosecutor bringing up things that have been explicitly told not to bring up, ie constitutional violations.

Add to that the prosecutor is actually trying to bring Kyle's Tiktok username into it, and pressing him about killing other players in Call of Duty. It's a train wreck to be sure, unless the prosecutor's actual goal is to be cast in a Marvel origin movie of Justin Hammer.
I'd be all in on a Hammer origin story. :hihi:

The prosecutor has completely blown this, IMO. Even though I think the 'video game' prosecution should have been allowed, it really shouldn't have been necessary to make the case.

The prosecutor has intentionally blown this, IMO. Even though I think the 'video game' prosecution should have been allowed, it really shouldn't have been necessary to make the case.
Fix'd

Jesus.

These prosecutors sound like clowns.

Doubt it. Why would he do that? He has a career to think about and intentionally blowing his own case would be a black mark on his career. Wouldn't make any sense.

Effing it up this badly isn't helping either way, I just suspect that the cops and prosecutor really, really don't want to send the nice white boy up the river.
It makes more sense to me if it's "accidentally-on-purpose".

Effing it up this badly isn't helping either way, I just suspect that the cops and prosecutor really, really don't want to send the nice white boy up the river.
This is not an attack on you but, why does "white" have to pop up in all descriptors? Is he an admitted white supremacist? A racist? Has he shown signs of being one of the privileged? Like I said, not an attack on you, because it pops up all the time. And not just "white", but "black", or "asian" or "muslim". Like that is just one of the reasons why he should be guilty. We use these descriptors all the time, media uses them for clicks, politicians use them to stir up sympathy, etc. I wish it would just be "a nice boy" or even "a priveleged boy", or "a certified psychopath", etc.

They're incompetent, that much is obvious. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but my my hunch is they really don't give a shirt who KR is.

COVINGTON, La. (AP) — A former sheriff is facing life in a Louisiana state prison for sexually abusing boys, and still awaits trial on federal corruption charges related to his two decades as the top lawman in St. Tammany Parish.

Former St. Tammany Sheriff Jack Strain was convicted Monday on four counts of aggravated rape involving juvenile victims, which carries a mandatory life sentence, New Orleans-area news outlets reported. The allegations included crimes that took place before and during his time as sheriff, a job he held for five terms before losing reelection in 2015.

Strain, 58, has pleaded not guilty to charges in a 16-count federal indictment accusing him of using his authority as sheriff to try to steer profits from a $1 million work-release contract to himself, his family and friends.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom