Political odd couple calls New Orleans home.... (1 Viewer)

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Political odd couple to call N.O. home- NOLA.com

WASHINGTON -- They are famously at odds over politics, but Democratic strategist James Carville and Republican consultant Mary Matalin have agreed to make New Orleans home.

The Washington power couple are buying a house Uptown near Tulane University, where they are delivering joint commencement speeches this spring. Carville said Thursday that they plan to move in with their two children by midsummer.

"The quality of life in Uptown New Orleans is as high as anyplace in the country with the parks, universities and restaurants," Carville said. "And Magazine Street is consistently one of the most interesting streets in the United States."

Moving in with the kids. Typical statement on the state of eldercare in this country.

:hihi:

Seriously, i like these two a lot. i read All's Fair; normally campaign stuff bores me to tears, but i did enjoy it a lot.

i was young-twenties when i read it, too, and my dad had just married a former lobbyist. so it must have been interesting enough for me to put up with more lobbyist-speak. :)

Those two were on Leno with Terry Bradshaw the other night. It was one of the best episodes I have seen of Leno in a long time. This is good for those two, plus they're a lot closer to their season tickets at Tiger Stadium now. :)

Looks like people from DC can move to NOLA and still have a high quality of life. In fact, as high a quality of life as anywhere in the country.

Looks like people from DC can move to NOLA and still have a high quality of life. In fact, as high a quality of life as anywhere in the country.

There are also jobs of every profession available.:9:

Yeah, if they show up already wealthy.

I moved from the DC area before the storm and turned down the DC area to stay in NOLA last year. I can guarantee you I'm not wealthy, but I'll definitely see a great rise in net worth here than there with a higher standard of living to boot.

Besides don't you have a condo in the middle of Chinatown. With the resurgance that area has had in the past few years you should be able to sell that bad boy and pretty much take your pick of houses in NOLA.

I moved from the DC area before the storm and turned down the DC area to stay in NOLA last year. I can guarantee you I'm not wealthy, but I'll definitely see a great rise in net worth here than there with a higher standard of living to boot.

Besides don't you have a condo in the middle of Chinatown. With the resurgance that area has had in the past few years you should be able to sell that bad boy and pretty much take your pick of houses in NOLA.

Glad to hear it. we can't all be lawyers :)

Resurgence in an urban real-estate market is relative. There have also been many many other condos built around here, along what they are now calling NoMass (near Georgetown Law - you may have known it as Trannie Hooker Alley). This is softening the market, as well as the number of people here saddled with monster student loans and car notes.

Right now a lot of people here are just renting, and one experience as a landlady, is making me not wanna do that again for a while. There are more units in my building for rent than there are for sale. The value of the property is kind of only as good as the range of buyers who qualify for a mortgage.

This job ain't movin' down there, ever. i'm gonna need a lot more money (and very likely a career change) before i can move home full-time and enjoy the quality of life you're referring to (one which would include eating). More likely, i'll be coming home on a shoestring and helping out personally vs. financially, which is the quality of life i'm dreaming of.

Prospering in an HR position is a dream in New Orleans. Running my own business is the only way i'll be able to do it. i can't command $20,000 per speech like Carvile and/or Matalin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom