Politics Board? This could be the solution to S.R. Problems? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I made the comment about California so I am very familiar with the reaction the person in question had about it and this same person liked the political post regarding Florida so I would say that it is a safe bet that they let that one go

I can tell you it is a 2 way street, and that now you are questioning admin actions in public :hihi:

So we don’t have an official Politics Board because someone made a joke about California?
Imagine this was a site about the super bowl
Then imagine there were a bunch of falcons fans who kept insisting they win Super Bowl 51
Keep imagining that they complained loudly when other posters would show final scoreboards and clips from the winning score
And we’re so incensed that they threatened to take their ball and go home
it’s about 76% like that

Just read the top couple of posts into this thread.. I can see easily where the divide spills over into other forums and contaminates the whole site.. and to keep a site healthy, this MUST be managed..

A thought for a different approach for a dedicated political forum. Make it anonymous postings only, has to be a SR member of course, but EVERY post has a unique ‘owner’ .. no two are ever show the same, even by the same poster.. that way... it’s a discussion about thoughts, ideas, perspectives... as it attempts to remove the personalities.
Any attempt by a poster to circumvent the intent and include “ID disclosure” in their post would earn an immediate trip to banned camp from the site..

I’m sure there many other mod-level concerns about how this could go wayward and gets shut down again or not worthy to pursue... it was just a thought..

Anyways, my inspiration tank for today is depleted...

sbtb succinctly ended this thread with the first response, yet it and some thinly-veiled partisanship carry on...

allsome :freak7:

Just read the top couple of posts into this thread.. I can see easily where the divide spills over into other forums and contaminates the whole site.. and to keep a site healthy, this MUST be managed..
i guess i don't see how it contaminates the whole site

i've always felt like the 'OMG please remove the politics' as a burqa approach
men claim they are too easily enticed my women so the solution is to cover up women - that seems insane to me and does not address the issue
in the realm of ideas, why is it such an outlandish notion to self-police?

i guess i don't see how it contaminates the whole site

i've always felt like the 'OMG please remove the politics' as a burqa approach
men claim they are too easily enticed my women so the solution is to cover up women - that seems insane to me and does not address the issue
in the realm of ideas, why is it such an outlandish notion to self-police?

I think the problem is that people won't self-police.

I certainly understand why Andrus did what he did and I also know that it doesn't matter if I understand or not since it's his site. :hihi: I mean, he created this site as a place for Saints Fans to get together and talk football. A side effect of that is this EE Board which many of us have found as a good place to discuss the topics of the day and some see as just a place to talk about silly stuff. I tend to avoid the silly stuff, butI have always enjoyed debating different points of view and learning things in the process. Part of that was talking "politics" which is often so intertwined with the issues of the day that it can't be separated. I lament the loss of being able to have those conversations with both like minded people and those who disagreed with my position. I find debate and good faith discussion to be an enjoyable part of life.

But, I get the idea that it was causing headaches and problems for Andrus and the staff that they didn't want to deal with and that it took away from the original purpose of the site which was and is to talk Saints football. I just wish that people could have controlled themselves so that we could have those good faith discussions and debates. But, they obviously can't.

And, I hear the calls for well then go the the MAP Board, but to me it's just not the same. There was at least some restraint and common ground here and a mixture of topics that included politics. There it's all just politics and bickering. It's not enjoyable nor is it good faith discussion or debate. It's like the millions of other sites out there where politics is discussed Reddit, Tiger Droppings, etc.

The EE was special when politics and sensitive issues could be discussed in good faith, but I guess that went away as the site grew and the number of users grew. Anyway, I'm not arguing with the decisions that were made, just lamenting that they had to be made.

A thought for a different approach for a dedicated political forum. Make it anonymous postings only, has to be a SR member of course, but EVERY post has a unique ‘owner’ .. no two are ever show the same, even by the same poster.. that way... it’s a discussion about thoughts, ideas, perspectives... as it attempts to remove the personalities.

cableguy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom