Poll: Butter or margarine in a crawfish boil (2 Viewers)

Margarine in the crawfish boil?

• Total voters

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I need to know ya'lls take on this.. I will break someone's arm if they attempt to throw sticks of margarine in my boil, it doesn't mix with the water, leaves a nasty slime all over the bugs, and doesn't help peel anything IMO (crawfish are NOT hard to peel till late June/July), but I have friends that swear by it, and refuse to listen to me. Am I just totally wrong? are they doing it wrong?

No. That's gross. I don't even like to cook sausage in the berl water till after everything else is done because I don't want grease on everything.

I've never put either in mine, and can honestly say I don't know anyone that does.

Never have a problem, meat slides right out of the tail. No peeling required except for the rookies.

No. That's gross. I don't even like to cook sausage in the berl water till after everything else is done because I don't want grease on everything.

Me too it ruins the whole berl.

To the OP I think butter/oil would be used for shrimp since it stops the shells from sticking

I've never heard of nor seen anyone do that. Doesn't even make sense to me. Sounds like a waste of money!

No. Absolutely not. If you want them to peel, don't overcook them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thumbs up for everyone.. thanks guys, I started this poll so that when I have this argument again tomorrow, I can pull out the ol' Nexus 4 on tapatalk and show them I'm not the only one who gets it.

I have seen people mess up crawfish in all kind of interesting ways, but I have never heard of butter in the boil. That just sounds plain gross.

The 'trick' to having your crawfish peel easy is to cook them right.

I have seen people mess up crawfish in all kind of interesting ways, but I have never heard of butter in the boil. That just sounds plain gross.

The 'trick' to having your crawfish peel easy is to cook them right.

even cooked wrong, you REALLY have to mess up to make them hard to peel this time of year.. shrimp is an art, but anyone can do crawfish. A buddy of mine literally uses a whole tub of margarine, leaves this nasty yellow layer just bubbling on the top of the water, not mixing what so ever.. just horrible. I don't even go when he invites me because it's that bad

A buddy of mine literally uses a whole tub of margarine, leaves this nasty yellow layer just bubbling on the top of the water, not mixing what so ever.. just horrible. I don't even go when he invites me because it's that bad

you must not be planning on scrolling down on that Nexus:hihi: I concur with everyone else. Enjoy your bugs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom