Poll: Butter or margarine in a crawfish boil (2 Viewers)

Margarine in the crawfish boil?

• Total voters
even cooked wrong, you REALLY have to mess up to make them hard to peel this time of year.. shrimp is an art, but anyone can do crawfish. A buddy of mine literally uses a whole tub of margarine, leaves this nasty yellow layer just bubbling on the top of the water, not mixing what so ever.. just horrible. I don't even go when he invites me because it's that bad

That's so gross. If I saw that it would mark the first time I passed on crawfish ever.

I've tried putting butter in once, but I couldn't tell the difference.. so I figured whats the point?
you have to really mess things up to make them not peel right..
but I've been to some boils like that... maybe they let then boil too long?

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

I've tried putting butter in once, but I couldn't tell the difference.. so I figured whats the point?
you have to really mess things up to make them not peel right..
but I've been to some boils like that... maybe they let then boil too long?

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

the only time i've had any problems at all peeling is if it's late in the season (june, july)... they are harder. There's no reason to have a hard time peeling a crawfish in February

butter in a boil??? Never heard of that. The strangest thing I ever had in a crawfish boil was a pineapple and man I gotta tell ya it was freakin awesome.

People still peel the tails? All I do is hold the tail tight at the end and pull the meat out with my teeth, I never peel anymore, lol.

I have seen people do it and not really sure if it helped or not. Guess we would have to do a scientifically controlled test by doing a side by side boil with and without butter.

Or we can just leave the butter out and enjoy the crayfish. One would think that the fat in the heads would server the same purpose as adding butter.

I don't devein. Too much effort for little to no benefit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom