Poll do you think nfl season will happen (1 Viewer)

How many people think we will have football this fall?

• Full season

Votes: 67 21.8%
  • Half season

Votes: 77 25.0%
  • Cancel season

Votes: 164 53.2%

• Total voters
I think the NFL stands a better chance than NCAAF. And the chances I give the NFL is 0%. Ok.....maybe 0000.00001% chance

*cue the Lloyd Christmas gifs*

I think they will play games, things will go bad because not enough take it seriously(just look at the o line camp from a few days ago, where almost nobody wore a mask or tried to distance) and the season will be at best postponed, til the winter if things get better, but probably not.

Too many people out there not giving the situation the proper attention, it all starts from the top and without proper leader ship it only goes to prove that nothing will be as it was before. The safety of the players and coaches and everyone involved is more important than any amount of money. We can’t even get people to wear a mask for 15 minutes while they shop at their local supermarket, how are we going to get people to wear a mask in an inclosed stadium for 3+ hours. I just do not see this happening at all this season and I fear that Drew Brees has played his last game for the New Orleans Saints, Training camp starts in 2 1/2 weeks and It was just reported that It was just reported that over 15,000 new cases in Florida alone, where there are four professional football teams, there’s just too much risk involved.
People seem to forget that they were told this was going to happen a few weeks ago but now it's everyone else's fault that chose not dance in the street with 5000 people without a job.

Too much money not to play. Think it gets pushed to February for the start of regular season games. Same for college.

Got a feeling we’re starting the season week 9 opening against the Niners with no teams having a bye week

I voted canceled because we have idiots in charge of the NFL and the news media.

The news media is sabotaging the recovery by emphasizing "new cases" statistics and deemphasizing the "deaths" statistic. New cases are skyrocketing because the health care community is saturated with test kits, while actual deaths continue to decline for 2 months in a row.

I'm going to miss football. The first to put a reliable team on the field will have my loyalty, whether it be college, Canadian, NFL, or other.
this is why math teachers make you show your work

The news media is sabotaging the recovery by emphasizing "new cases" statistics and deemphasizing the "deaths" statistic. New cases are skyrocketing because the health care community is saturated with test kits, while actual deaths continue to decline for 2 months in a row.

220-2203774_cross-x-red-square-delete-wrong-symbol-ico-red-x-in-a.png

WRONG!

sub-buzz-2422-1594510808-2.png

Line is 7-day rolling averages, and rising deaths show up 4-6 weeks after rising case data.

Dr. Hotez in the article said:
Rising deaths aren’t the only reason to be worried about the current surge in COVID-19, experts warn. Another concern is that some patients who recover from severe illness may face lasting damage to their lungs and even their brains and nervous systems. “We may be looking at a generation of people permanently disabled as a result of COVID-19,” Hotez said.

I am absolutely certain about this, "I have no freakin idea!" - lol

But in all seriousness, having been an exec at a Fortune 15 company, money rules. The coldness to human beings and often employees is crazy at big businesses. Money rules over morality in most cases. Selfishly, I want the season to happen. Rationally, I'm scared for the players, coaches, their families and the fans, if allowed into stadiums.

Good post! Thx!

A few months ago I thought maybe a half, 8 game season was possible but that was when it looked like this virus spread might be “controllable”. That has failed miserably since then. It’s just not doable...for player, personnel, or fan safety.

The ONLY way there was going to be an NFL season was IF every state had followed New York State's lead in locking down, getting the populous to adhere to social distancing, wearing face masks and then opening up following the CDC's guidelines of 14 consecutive days of declining number of cases.

Sad. I don't have many NFL seasons left in my life so losing one is going to take a toll.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom